Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:37 AM

What do you think the chances of this are. As there is the 'New Nintendo 3DS' do you think there could be a 'New Wii U'? If so what features do you think would be new or improved? I only created this topic to see what the response would be as it might be quite interesting! :)

new wii u.png

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

What do you think the chances of this are. As there is the 'New Nintendo 3DS' do you think there could be a 'New Wii U'? If so what features do you think would be new or improved? I only created this topic to see what the response would be as it might be quite interesting! :)

attachicon.gifnew wii u.png

No. The new 3ds actually compliments the Wii U much more now . Console hardware revisions from Nintendo are far and few between. The only thing I would expect would be more hardware bundles and limited editions, colors. I don't even see them offering more storage.

I see Nintendo continuing OS updates and adding in themes like the 3ds has. I expect the eshop will continue to improve and NNID accounts to further work together across the platforms.

Edited by Sorceror12, 13 October 2014 - 11:49 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:20 PM

Probably will happen like the wii mini, sometime in the future towards the end of the systems life.

Seriously doubt it will have improved specs like the new 3ds though.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

nintendo is falling apart

J5e7Lie.gif

Edit: Where did the post go?

Edited by Gruff the Villager, 13 October 2014 - 02:41 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

J5e7Lie.gif

Edit: Where did the post go?

Off topic. I agree with 3dude above. Don't expect any spec changes
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

Off topic. I agree with 3dude above. Don't expect any spec changes

Oh, I see.

As for what 3dude said, I certainly hope if they make a cheaper model of the Wii U they don't water it down too much. Sort of like the Wii Mini. The Wii Mini almost seems like a system from the 90's. One thing I like about it, though, is it looks so nice. When I look at the picture below it gives me a bit of a nostalgic feeling.

a6p3-800.jpg

I wouldn't mind a retro looking Wii U in the future.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:05 PM

I think a gamepad+ (a lad wiimote+) is more likely if anything. Improved battery life would be very nice

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:11 PM

Nearly every Nintendo console gets a revision later on.

NES/SNES/GCN,Wii. (N64 just got colors unless you include the Chinese only IQue which was a N64 in a controller with SD card games)

This is the pattern. Often smaller (except GCN) and features are removed.They are stripped down.

Even before Wii Mini a new Wii was released with GCN BC removed.

The pattern with Handhelds is the opposite. Game Boy got Pocket,a slimmer version with a better screen and later got color.

GBA got a clam shell design and backlit screen. DS got slimmer and better screen and DSI added a camera and better specs. 3DS did have the 2DS as an exception to the rule. Now NEW 3DS continues the trend.

If I were to guess the future Wii U will remove like Wii BC,SD card slot and maybe a couple it not all USB slots.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:17 PM

Nearly every Nintendo console gets a revision later on.
NES/SNES/GCN,Wii. (N64 just got colors unless you include the Chinese only IQue which was a N64 in a controller with SD card games)

This is the pattern. Often smaller (except GCN) and features are removed.They are stripped down.
Even before Wii Mini a new Wii was released with GCN BC removed.

The pattern with Handhelds is the opposite. Game Boy got Pocket,a slimmer version with a better screen and later got color.
GBA got a clam shell design and backlit screen. DS got slimmer and better screen and DSI added a camera and better specs. 3DS did have the 2DS as an exception to the rule. Now NEW 3DS continues the trend.

If I were to guess the future Wii U will remove like Wii BC,SD card slot and maybe a couple it not all USB slots.

Probably, though I doubt they would remove bc compatability. The wii was because they removed the gamecube plugs and mem card slots, and the expensive dual media drive.

However the ability to become a gamecube was otherwise mantained as far as processor ability goes.

Wii u uses wiimotes natively, and they use the same size media. SO theres no controller ports to remove, or cheaper disc drives to swap out.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

The Wii  chip tho is inside the Wii U and the SD cart slot of for Wii mode only. As we know Wii mode is a hard boot.

NES/SNES/GCN cut the AV ports on the back. Simple things they remove.

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:46 PM

0 i gagree

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, New, New Wii U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!