• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:24 AM

Yeah I'm sure it will be a lot more powerful. I'm just saying I'm pretty much happy with the amount of power even the Wii U has. Anything extra is pretty much just bonus for me.

Gotcha.

I have the ps4 and Xbox one also and I have to say the wii u holds up pretty well.

I'm the kind of person who never thinks you can have enough horsepower, be it cars or computing systems, but the wii u is a tremendous system and really should have games like Destiny, etc.

Looking forward to Zelda and dreaming of Metroid. And waiting... Waiting... For X.

#22 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

I honestly don't think replacing the handheld with a tablet is a good idea. How can you play your typical Nintendo game without buttons? And how can you share your games between platforms if you can't (easily) duplicate the same experience of the home console version? Not to mention the difference in horsepower.

A tablet could appear, but only as a 3rd pillar.
By developing 2 machines that can play the same game, the save financial and human resources can be used to develop a new - or second - line of game development.
What i mean is, with a tablet can create smaller games (with assets and engine they already know) that can also be played on the handheld and home console. But the other way around wouldn't work, of course.
This tablet would also have access to the android or ios market for games, creating it's unique market of Nintendo games. A plus to sell the console, but not to the point of replacing the experience provided by the handheld or home console.

Iwata already mentioned they would like to have more form factors, but the need for manpower doesn't allow them to do it.
This could be the way to make things work without sacrificing any of the markets.

I wasn't saying that the tablet will replace the Handheld devices. I meant that the tablet you will buy separate and the home console and handheld device will be bundled. The Wii U Game Pad will have it's own ARM processor, that way you can take it on the go.

And how can they all be the same with different power? How do they do it with PC? My home built computer can play any game on the market, even though it's not super powerful, and a PC with the most advanced CPU and the best GPU can play the same game and it look GREAT so much better then the game I have.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#23 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:07 AM

I wasn't saying that the tablet will replace the Handheld devices. I meant that the tablet you will buy separate and the home console and handheld device will be bundled. The Wii U Game Pad will have it's own ARM processor, that way you can take it on the go.

And how can they all be the same with different power? How do they do it with PC? My home built computer can play any game on the market, even though it's not super powerful, and a PC with the most advanced CPU and the best GPU can play the same game and it look GREAT so much better then the game I have.

But if you make the gamepad act like a handheld, people will perceive it as one and it will be in competition with the handheld market.

That's the idea.
Developing all software that can work on the same architecture even if the characteristics are different - ie, different levels of power.
It works for PCs so it can work for the home console business aswell.

Iwata already hinted that they want to continue to sue Wii U's architecture next generation, so it will even allow them to save time by not having to learn a new architecture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!