#1 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Is anyone else somewhat skeptical about Wii U's controller? While it is a unique and interesting way to play games, and honestly have trouble being able to hold such a big item in my hand comfortably...

Posted Image

#2 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

Actually its pretty light for a controller and according to everyone at e3 it fits comfortably in your hands

Posted Image

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

POPULAR

NO! IT'S PERFECT!

Edited by Wii8461, 09 January 2012 - 05:31 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

NO! IT'S PERFECT!

^This!

The controller is the most beautiful thing ever, so, no, I'm not skeptical about it.

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

I'm not skeptical about the controller.

I honestly can't fathom how close minded the majority of the gaming population is out there. Because the controller is large, the buttons are mixed up, there's a touchscreen on it etc, that it needs to be questioned immediately. What ever happened to embracing the opportunities that get presented. Why must everyone focus on the downsides of new technol -

Oh wait, people...

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'm not skeptical about the controller.

I honestly can't fathom how close minded the majority of the gaming population is out there. Because the controller is large, the buttons are mixed up, there's a touchscreen on it etc, that it needs to be questioned immediately. What ever happened to embracing the opportunities that get presented. Why must everyone focus on the downsides of new technol -

Oh wait, people...

Exactly. I remember when people wanted a screen on their controller so badly! And now here it is - yet people are hating on it (MS and Sony fanboys).

#7 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

to quote those who've held it: "the weight of a notebook" "surprisingly comfortable to hold"
either way we havent seen the final version yet. SO we must take advantage of the time we have now to tell nintendo on twitter (they actually listen, its true) that they must have clickable sliders and must have an accessable select and start button and they must have alanogue triggers. please twitter them people, not too much time left
Posted Image

#8 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

to quote those who've held it: "the weight of a notebook" "surprisingly comfortable to hold"
either way we havent seen the final version yet. SO we must take advantage of the time we have now to tell nintendo on twitter (they actually listen, its true) that they must have clickable sliders and must have an accessable select and start button and they must have alanogue triggers. please twitter them people, not too much time left

You really are enjoying Twitter are you? :D

I'm sure Nintendo will do something about it. They would be stupid to ignore the pleas of their fans.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#9 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

I personally got no clue whether I'm going to get used to it or not. However, it looks really great so far.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#10 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

I get the feeling the wii u tablet we saw at E3 2011 was a quickly put together prototype, as developers like vigil said their dev kit tablet looked like a huge game boy and they never saw the current tablet. I get a feeling the "final form" of the wii u will have a slimmer console, and slimmer tablet controller that isn't as wide. Hell the circle pads could turn into analog sticks for all we know.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#11 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

You really are enjoying Twitter are you? :D

I'm sure Nintendo will do something about it. They would be stupid to ignore the pleas of their fans.

hahaha i really am :D hope you're right
Posted Image

#12 Wiinewd

Wiinewd

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

why does it matter when you can use whatever controller you want anyway.

#13 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

I hope that turns out to be true. I would like some variety when using the Wii Remotes and the UPad.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#14 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

Well wouldn't that depend on the game? Some games don't utilize Classic Controller.

Posted Image

#15 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

I am sure that the controller would just be fine. But E3 2012 will reveal EVERYTHING!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#16 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Oh yes. Looking forward to E3 and more Wii U announcements. :D

Posted Image

#17 westimo

westimo

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

No matter how much I love Nintendo I just can't seem to get overly hyped about the Wii U and I think its because all we have seen is the controller. So yeah I think it looks great but I'm still a bit skeptical
3DS FC: 1633-4203-9844 Pm me and I'll add back :)
Posted Image

#18 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

It's always good to hype in moderation. Try not to get your hopes way to high that when the result comes, you know you'll get disappointed.
This is the main problem with any type of fanboy and drone.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#19 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

No matter how much I love Nintendo I just can't seem to get overly hyped about the Wii U and I think its because all we have seen is the controller. So yeah I think it looks great but I'm still a bit skeptical

I have to agree with this. I've seen so much of the controller, and none of the console as of yet.

Posted Image

#20 Tux

Tux

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

The one thing I worry about with the controller in the amount of them we can use with a single system. I know it isn't a direct issue with the controller, but it could be really annoying.

They sidestepped the question when it was brought up at E3 and mentioned that they were still working on it. I'm trying to think how local co-op would work for games like spec ops in CoD or the likes of that if we can only use one "tablet" controller per system. It would be annoying for me and I think a big misstep to have people playing on the Wii U controller and another one with a Wiimote. In my opinion it needs to have support for at least two tablet controllers per system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!