• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

http://wiiudaily.com...ns-in-the-west/

hyrule_warriors-2.jpg?4e66d9

Today several Japanese companies released their Q2 earnings reports alongside Nintendo. Koei Tecmo released its financial statement to investors and offered a Q&A session, in which one investor inquired as to how well Hyrule Warriors performed versus their expectations for the game. Koei Tecmo couldn’t answer the question outright with sales numbers since Nintendo is responsible for overseas distribution, but the executive did reveal that Japanese sales are in line with expectations and overseas sales exceeded what the company expected.

The executive went on to state that the company expects higher sales outside of Japan due to more shipments coming in Q3 and Q4, so it looks like Hyrule Warriors performed well in both parent companies eyes.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

YES! I can't get enough of this game!

#3 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

I guess it's true what they say about Zelda being more popular in the West than in Japan.

Edited by magiciandude, 29 October 2014 - 05:21 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

Would love a sequel...
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:07 PM

That's great news. If it exceeds expectations, chances are Nintendo made profit, and we could see more stuff like this in the future. Hoping to hear the same (but better) for Bayo 2 :D

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#6 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:41 PM

loving all this recent positive nintendo news, great time to own a Wii U

#7 alfiebp

alfiebp

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, Mario, Sonic, illusion of time

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

Hyrule is an amazing games, it does have a few issues but nothing that truly bothers me.

Its just intense fun hack and slash, the DLC is great aswell, love riding epona round the levels, generally a great game and i would highly reccomend.

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:28 AM

Hyrule is an amazing games, it does have a few issues but nothing that truly bothers me.

Its just intense fun hack and slash, the DLC is great aswell, love riding epona round the levels, generally a great game and i would highly reccomend.

Nice avatar. B)

#9 alfiebp

alfiebp

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, Mario, Sonic, illusion of time

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

Nice avatar. B)

Cheers man! Great film!

#10 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Would love a sequel...

I would welcome it, throw in some handheld content plus wind waker.

But I'd also love to see Fire Emblem implement this system. The Range of Characters is already there, the worlds, enemies. would be perfect!

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

I would welcome it, throw in some handheld content plus wind waker.

But I'd also love to see Fire Emblem implement this system. The Range of Characters is already there, the worlds, enemies. would be perfect!

Yeah I agree with both ideas.  :)

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

I been saying that since day 1. If we get another it should be Fire Emblem. I'm pretty Excited for Dragon Quest Heroes. I will snag it on PS3 since I don't have a PS4 yet. Nintendo with it's 2015 releases is making it impossible for me to get one next year.

#13 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

I think a Fire Emblem one would be really cool, but unfortunately it would be way more risky. FE has 1/10th the fame LoZ has, so the chances might be a little low :/

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

I think a Fire Emblem one would be really cool, but unfortunately it would be way more risky. FE has 1/10th the fame LoZ has, so the chances might be a little low :/

So. Awakening sold over 1 million copies when they only expected 240k.

#15 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

I know, FE is certainly at the height of it's fame right now, but it's still so far behind Zelda it can't even see the dust Epona's kicked up. Zelda is pretty much a household name, this means that you get additional sales for pretty much anything related to it. The same is not even nearly true for Fire Emblem unfortunately.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

I know, FE is certainly at the height of it's fame right now, but it's still so far behind Zelda it can't even see the dust Epona's kicked up. Zelda is pretty much a household name, this means that you get additional sales for pretty much anything related to it. The same is not even nearly true for Fire Emblem unfortunately.

Of course it's behind Zelda. not much is up with Zelda but DW games are niche anyway and FE is bigger in Japan so still can sell decent. Zelda was never big in Japan however.

Like saying Ys isn't as popular as Final Fantasy. No duh but still makes a profit in sales.

Edited by Ryudo, 31 October 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

Of course it's behind Zelda. not much is up with Zelda but DW games are niche anyway and FE is bigger in Japan so still can sell decent. Zelda was never big in Japan however.

What i'm saying really comes down to how much of HW's sales can be accounted to people buying simply because LoZ is involved. If this is a big factor in the sales, then Releasing a similar thing but with FE is a dangerous move because that chunk of "oh this title I know is involved, I'll get it cause of that" won't be even close to as big. I personally think that this is a decent portion of people who bought the game, thus why it would be dangerous. It is possible I'm wrong and that most of the people who bought the game just because they looked it up and thought it looked good.

but just me typing that out made me realize it's pretty unlikely. People just don't do their research these days.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

I would honestly call that a fluke. Or their marketing and the demo actually worked. I only got the game because of how much that first trailer hyped me up. And I didn't even originally like the demo too much. One of my top 3 3DS games now. If a FE Warriors was on 3DS it might sell well. Doubtful for WiiU. Two niche series on a smaller install base console? Wouldn't work too well.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

I would honestly call that a fluke. Or their marketing and the demo actually worked. I only got the game because of how much that first trailer hyped me up. And I didn't even originally like the demo too much. One of my top 3 3DS games now. If a FE Warriors was on 3DS it might sell well. Doubtful for WiiU. Two niche series on a smaller install base console? Wouldn't work too well.

Nah was not a fluke. They made the game more accessable to newcomers. Older games are not very welcoming for people new to the series or SRPGs. Don't forget many people are hyped for SMTXFE

Edited by Ryudo, 31 October 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

Nah was not a fluke. They made the game more accessable to newcomers. Don't forget many people are hyped for SMTXFE

A fire emblem warriors would be a gap title till smtxfe is ready to be released and could serve as marketing component to build anticipation and awareness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!