22 replies to this topic

#1 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

POPULAR

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 12 May 2018 - 08:29 PM.

#2 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

POPULAR

I like the X in the title, it is pretty.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:51 PM

xuzhog.gif

wpyvii.gif

gzyxsn.gif

nljlei.gif

nogvqi.gif

fergbe.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

Terrible graphics.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

POPULAR

Game looks visually great. Gameplay looks great. This game I NEEEEEEEEED NOOOOOW!

MP3 file of XBX music

Screenshot

d7ucOSH.jpg

#6 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:41 PM

I was looking at the part with the character running through people's yards and suddenly had a strong desire to be able to have my own house and yard to decorate and stuff in the game.  I know that's totally unnecessary for this type of game, but it would still be fun.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#7 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

Terrible graphics.

only the human-like characters look bad, others are great, so I don't really see what you mean.

by chance

#8 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:30 PM

xuzhog.gif

looks like a cut scene from metal gear rising revengeance.....as in it looks like it tries to be real to a degree, but just "feels" weird... I don't know how to put it in words to make sense
not that i really care, it still looks great

wa3Nq7j.png

#9 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

Monolith Soft have put heart and soul in making Xenoblade Chronicles X one of the best JRPG's of 2015.  Characters, city life, buildings, hills, monsters, dolls... everything looks picture perfect.  Even the interface on the Game Pad looks both interesting and tempting.  Let's hope that XCX launches next holiday season.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

The amount of amazing in this game is too damn high!

Also, have the graphics had an upgrade? They look a bit better than they used to be.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:40 PM

Let's hope that XCX launches next holiday season.

This direct was for spring games. So Will likely be spring or begining of summer. Japan got a more final release of Spring 2015.

#12 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:51 PM

This direct was for spring games. So Will likely be spring or begining of summer. Japan got a more final release of Spring 2015.

Well they also said they were hoping for a 2015 release, so it sounds like a bit later.

Stupid Snowmads!

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:56 PM

Well they also said they were hoping for a 2015 release, so it sounds like a bit later.

On the official website it's listed in the final stages of development. Well someone claims on another forum translating.

http://xenobladex.jp/

Lately Nintendo releases games in Japan 1-2 months before the US. So since Japan has a final Spring 2015 release. I'd say maybe June or July for the US.

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:57 PM

There are some trade offs in the visual quality of this game.

What we are getting is a vast, expansive WORLD full of gigantic characters and a particular visual style that borders on realism while evoking a hint of anime to develop its own style. It's like realistic, but smoothed over. Their first effort after the wii. And it's looking dang good.

In some areas, it looks like they simply didn't "do enough." In others... Just wow.

It looks very ambitious. But seeing how they didn't have certain key staff until this summer, I'm guessing it still improves a good amount before release.

I'm sick of waiting though. Day one buy for me.

#15 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

I'm not pleased with how iwata said "targeting 2015" I really don't want to see this game come out in 2016 :(

apart from that I think it looks and sounds great also has the logo been changed to blue or has it always been like that?

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:43 AM

I'm not pleased with how iwata said "targeting 2015" I really don't want to see this game come out in 2016 :(

apart from that I think it looks and sounds great also has the logo been changed to blue or has it always been like that?

Nope, this is the first instance we see the logo in blue giving it a different dynamic. I like it.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#17 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:42 AM

xuzhog.gif

This looks good but somehow those carmodels look so blurred out. It ruins the experience. Just don't do those if they undermine the rest. Everything else looks crispy sharp.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

This looks good but somehow those carmodels look so blurred out. It ruins the experience. Just don't do those if they undermine the rest. Everything else looks crispy sharp.

Yeah I agree, kind of looks like a placeholder or something. Love the lighting on the large alien, when he walks under the tree you can see the shadows change

Edited by Sorceror12, 06 November 2014 - 09:47 AM.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:42 AM

The amount of amazing in this game is too damn high!

Also, have the graphics had an upgrade? They look a bit better than they used to be.

Yeah, a pretty big one. Many placeholders have been replaced, near lod models for many assets have been added, many more assets period have been created, and the lod system has really been ironed out, functioning at proper distance sets instead of the randomness of the earlier build. A few bad pairings (a mid model rock is replaced by a near model rock, of blatantly different size and shape for example, but by and large a vast, vast improvement.

Still a lot of noticable work to do, heading into the final phase (mob collision detection, more near lod's like certain car and civilian models etc), but the fruits of monoliths hiring spree is already very apparent.

Looks like well finally get the uncompromised gears/saga game and story package neither squeenix nor namco ever let them make. And it will be amazing.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:05 AM

Yeah, a pretty big one. Many placeholders have been replaced, near lod models for many assets have been added, many more assets period have been created, and the lod system has really been ironed out, functioning at proper distance sets instead of the randomness of the earlier build. A few bad pairings (a mid model rock is replaced by a near model rock, of blatantly different size and shape for example, but by and large a vast, vast improvement.

Still a lot of noticable work to do, heading into the final phase (mob collision detection, more near lod's like certain car and civilian models etc), but the fruits of monoliths hiring spree is already very apparent.

Looks like well finally get the uncompromised gears/saga game and story package neither squeenix nor namco ever let them make. And it will be amazing.

We are a family good to see you back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!