• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:23 AM

Unlike some of my previous stories, I think this story has a point. The point is, you shouldn't spend several thousand dollars without being absolutely sure of something.

So now begins my tale of my 5 months at the University of Advancing Technology game development college. I majored in Game Art & Animation and was enrolled in the online, from home college.

Now when I joined this college, we set up a Skype group and all the members didn't know how to make a game. However, all of them were somehow more experienced artists. To the extent that when I submitted my courses, my teacher would sometimes point to their work as examples and then give me lower grades.

Okay so I spent about 5 months at this school, and I racked up a bill of several thousand dollars. Not only that, but I found myself having to rush out to buy expensive computer programs on a whim to fulfill school requirements. Some of the time, they would allow you to log into their virtual server and use their programs, but the virtual server was always broken, and tech support would never respond.

Now my first few months were okay. I got grades of close to 100. Now they did send me a book on Society that seemed to have a bias toward a certain political view, in my opinion.

Then I got to math. The math was really poor instructioning and even though I passed GED algebra with flying colors, I struggled at this. The teacher provided no help. I got a woman who passed a whole bunch of advanced algebra at her local college to help me, and even she struggled severely. No wonder why this college has like a 50% dropout rate.

So I decided to advance on to the next art class. The teacher was super picky all of a sudden. She kept telling me to shade my drawings and giving me poor scores, when I was actually shading - just subtly.

Now if you fail two courses in this school, it will open a discussion with school officials on whether they will kick you out. I failed math, which shouldn't even be a part of Art in my opinion, and became dangerously close to failing art. I quit school to avoid paying for another semester.

So now I have a multi thousand dollar bill, and I learned almost nothing from them. Except how to make a really good planning chart.

Now some of you are going to question my ability rather than the ability of the teachers. But keep in mind, most of these teachers never even worked in the game industry! They just went to college and got teaching jobs.

Now here is a picture of something I drew in college:

155095s.jpg

The point is to make the black and the white their own pictures, to fool the mind. It got a satisfactory score.

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

Struggling to see how that picture is two unique pictures... I've seen these kind of illusions, and the way I've seen is stuff like this:

35.GIF

Where it's two separate images that are the same thing. For the left side, it's the exactly the same fricking picture just upside down. As for the right, I have no idea what's going on there.for black.

Also, going to one of those Game Development colleges is a pure scam(The only one that doesn't suck is Digipen, and they are EXTREMELY Hard to get into/You'll leave the college with MASSIVE student debt). You can change your major at the major colleges, it's just you chose a game design school because you got suckered in.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

Black was a face. But I think I somehow botched it.

I just did assignments until they stopped complaining.

Edited by Porhorse, 09 November 2014 - 04:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!