This is why Nintendo should have stayed home.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

This is why! Nothing new.... Nintendo has unveiled nothing new. I'm not asking for a full reveal but they could have gave us something new. Nintendo will not survive. Being so passive. They need to be more aggresive in their marketing.

http://arstechnica.c...ew-about-it.ars

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

They already said it was only gonna give the press that didn't make kit to E3. I personally knew there wasn't going to be anything new. CES isn't the ideal place for a massive reveal for a game.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Do we really need to know everything about a system over half a year before it's released? The Wii U is still a long way off. E3 is a fine time to do more revealing, although I do think they might want to reveal a few small things in the months before E3. I kind of don't want to hear about all the big great things that are coming with the Wii U now and have to wait forever to get one.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#4 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

I don't see why Nintendo should have "stayed at home" to be honest. Appearing at CES will have at least given more people the chance to try out Wii U demos and see the console and it's not as if it would have been a huge effort for Nintendo to show up. I know the lack of announcements is slightly disappointing, but it's unlikely to harm Nintendo in any way.

#5 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

I don't see why Nintendo has to be secret about everything. It would have been nice if the gave some kind of new information on the Wii U. Lets just hope that what Reggie said was right, that Wii U information will be told to us throughout the year and not just at E3.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

I don't see why Nintendo has to be secret about everything. It would have been nice if the gave some kind of new information on the Wii U. Lets just hope that what Reggie said was right, that Wii U information will be told to us throughout the year and not just at E3.

We might, the Game Developer Conference may be a place where they may reveal a couple of new details. Similar in the way of the reveal of Super Mario 3d land where they just gave us some small info a screens while we are left to speculate.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

I think this thread is a severe over reaction to nintendo's CES showing. The system was simply reacquainted with the public, they never promised anything more than what was given, and given their competitor's history I think it's wise for nintendo to proceed with caution. IF they did announce something huge, there is a great chance the PS and XBox would possibly take the idea and copy it as their own. After the full reveal we know this will be the case, but why give the competition more time to copy if they don't have to. It comes down to simple logic.

#8 Two-Tailed Link!

Two-Tailed Link!

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Mario,Pokemon,Zelda,Kid Icarus

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Nintendo will not survive.

U 2 :D
KID ICARUS UPRISING FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

well i have to disagree. they could have given something. the fact that there was not one single detail given from what we new from e3 was disappointing to not only myself but most gaming sites. any yes nintendo has great first party franchises we all know that. but they cant rely on them forever. put it like this the last two gen(gamecube, and Wii) the fans of nintendo that wanted to play grand theft auto had to go out and buy a sepreate console to do that(im dont own a business to speak from experience but i would think you wouldn't want your customer to go elsewhere to get a product). i know many nintendo faithful up until gamecube. its like nintendo im growing up yes i love platforming mario, i love zelda but i also want to go steal a car and play a bad-a$$ if i so please. nintendo has lost many fans these past two gens(despite selling 90 million wii's) but they need to deliver with the Wii U and have an aggressive marketing approach to those more mature gamers. i go to a lot of sites and they dont even mention wii u as next gen console. its like who is going to win out of sony and microsoft...nintendo is looked at as the little brother that cant keep up. all this said im still getting wii u day one like i did with wii and gamecube.

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

Well, for the record, the last time they spilled all the beans (GCN) they were mocked publicly for the 'low power' of their system. I see no problem with them being secretive.

CES was mainly for spreading the Wii U's existance, confirming that it wasn't just an extention controller for the Wii, and letting more people try it.

I'd rather wait for the E3 and be bombarded with so much awesome news, my head will spin. B)

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:18 AM

The whole point of the CES showing was to keep the Wii U in the general gaming news circulation. Nintendo clarified from time and time again that they will fully unveil the console at this year's E3. I won't hold my breath for anything mind-blowing before that.

#12 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

I'm getting tired of people yelling at Nintendo for nothing new!!!!!!! Do you understand that the wii u wasn't supposed to unveil until e3 2012. So if you want to get mad at someone yell at yourself and those others who stuck there nose where it doesn't belong. Be patient for once in your life. Maybe if you have a company of your own you will realize how the market works

Posted Image

#13 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

I will say this after the big reveal, Nintendo will have to pour in some tidbits every now and then which Reggie has confirmed. Also once the system is about to launch they should do an aggressive marketing Campaign. The campaign should show how it will entice the ones they call the casual gamer, the ones that are referred to the Hardcore gamer, and campaigns that have a somewhat neutral tone.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#14 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

Well.... Nintendo is really good at keeping things secret also I think that though they haven't revealed anything new, it will help launch sales. And what did you expect? This is Nintendo that keeps everything secret! We dont even know all of the specs to the 3DS yet so and it is still selling beautifully. So really they shouldnt have stayed home.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#15 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

Spoiler

Nintendo haven't even properly unveiled the Wii U yet though, so they're not going to be marketing it heavily yet. E3 2011 was really just a taster of what the next Nintendo console will be. E3 2012 is likely to be the main Wii U announcement and that will be when Nintendo start to push the new console and start releasing lots of information about it.

By appearing at CES with the E3 2011 demos, Nintendo have given more people a chance to see the Wii U and have raised more awareness of the console. By doing this there'll be more interest in their conference at E3, so I don't understand how this will have any negative effect on the Wii U.

#16 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

I'm getting tired of people yelling at Nintendo for nothing new!!!!!!! Do you understand that the wii u wasn't supposed to unveil until e3 2012. So if you want to get mad at someone yell at yourself and those others who stuck there nose where it doesn't belong. Be patient for once in your life. Maybe if you have a company of your own you will realize how the market works

i respect everyones opinion... but disagree. no smart company want their customer to have to go and spend money(that they could be spending in their product) on another company product to get a certain experience. so yes in regards to third party support and kinda getting away from that family friendly title nintendo does have work to do. as far as ces goes.... i just think its funny. the caption... "REGGIE HERE TO TELL US WHY 2012 IS THE YEAR OF THE WII U. reggie interview... oh you guys didnt hear what i said at E3 last year just go and watch that interview and save yourself some time. HA! loves nintendo but they can be so predictable.... shock me for once nintendo.

#17 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

i doubt even the guy that wrote this article thinks they should have stayed at home!! HOW ON EARTH would staying at home help get more information out? it wouldnt, so why would them staying at home be beneficial at all!! if anything, they just convinced another person that the controller is comfortable who hadnt held it before and may have thought it would be hard to hold. let nintendo do what they want, then at E3, their conference will be more interesting and full of surprises, i like the secrecy.

one of the biggest complaints about the 2011 conference is that we all knew already about the new console and new controller, just not the name and exact shape. this year we're going to get a proper surprise filled conference, cant wait, keep up the secrecy nintendo :D
Posted Image

#18 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

2 things:

1) Nintendo is known for keeping secrets until release. Hell we didn't learn about super Mario galaxy until E3 2007, 5 months before its release. They did this with the wii. Revealed it 1 year before release but give specs until the E3 before its release. They like to keep secrets to surprise fans and to keep competitors in the dark about what they are planning to do.

2) Reggie didn't rule out an E3 launch (we could see the Wii U launch in June!) and he promised Nintendo would share tidbits between now and E3 so we will not be completely left in the dark.

There is still the game developers conference in march. Also, keep visiting wii u sites and n4g for more info.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#19 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

i respect everyones opinion... but disagree. no smart company want their customer to have to go and spend money(that they could be spending in their product) on another company product to get a certain experience. so yes in regards to third party support and kinda getting away from that family friendly title nintendo does have work to do. as far as ces goes.... i just think its funny. the caption... "REGGIE HERE TO TELL US WHY 2012 IS THE YEAR OF THE WII U. reggie interview... oh you guys didnt hear what i said at E3 last year just go and watch that interview and save yourself some time. HA! loves nintendo but they can be so predictable.... shock me for once nintendo.

Yet, Sony and Microsoft haven't released any official information about their next-gen consoles, either, so why is Nintendo on the chopping block for releasing so little? The PlayStation 4 will most likely may not make an appearance at this year's E3, if we take Kaz Hirai's statements at face value.

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

CES is made for electronics. Like TVs cell phones computers cameras so on. Most of the time Nintendo didn't even bother to show up. I get none of them gaming media was even there.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!