Photo

Your fave Mario Kart games and WHY (no lists please)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

qk1jtxV.jpg

My most fave game in the series is no doubt the very first one on SNES. I am not saying it's the best. Just I love it the most.

Yes you guessed it,nostalgia. Thing is it doesn't just make me nostalgic for the game but the SNES period. So like a giddy school girl any time I see the SNES tracks in the Retro tracks I am 9 years old again. I mean I got 3d World just to play the MK level! How crazy is that! I just LOVE this song. Takes me back every time.

Spoiler

kNkDWQm.jpg

Mario Kart 64 is my second fave in the series. This one maybe dated now and a bit unbalanced. Still a nostalgia thing and back in 1997 like Mario 64 the year before seeing Mario Kart in 3d was truly mind blowing. The tracks were great and man did me and my friends play this on a regular basis. We did all Grand Prix and Mirror tracks. Then as a great friend he gave me his copy. Same copy I have today. I also feel this has the best Rainbow Road ever. Just one nerds opinion.

P03WALC.jpg

Surprisingly not an old game this round. I felt a disconnect last few Mario Kart games and felt they were going threw the motions and kinda lazy and added little to the series. They got stale for me. Mario Kart 8 does just enough to make me love the series again. HD helps and pretty visuals help. What really gets it is the tracks. Some of the best in the series I believe. They balanced the bikes. Anti gravity is cool. Not useful but cool. One of the biggest reasons this game seems improved esp since MK7 is they borrowed from Sonic Racing Transformed (which took from MK7 lol) they used the Horn item. More elaborate courses and transitional music during the race. Oh and the DLC is fantastic.

Small mention to Super Circuit on GBA. I just love the game even tho most don't.

#2 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

It has to be the classic snes mario kart, there was just something about beating my dad at that game that he had dominated 20 years ago on 150cc, that and toad was super pro on that game.

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

Mario Kart Double Dash is my favorite.

I thought it was so cool to see the characters actually holding the items in their hand. And I thought it was a big step up in terms of how well it controlled over previous games. I loved MK64 but I found it to be a bit hard to control, mainly when I drifted, still a great game none the less. Also the visuals were a big step up. Double Dash added a lot more scenery for you to look at. I remember when I first got Double Dash I spent a ton of time in time trials just looking around. (Of course Mario Kart 8 blows Double Dash out of the water) I have a lot of memories too. DK Mountain... Such a troll course. I can't even begin to remember how many time my friends drifted into a rock and fell off at that u-turn...

Mario Kart 8 is close though, mainly because there is so much content, it really makes the game worth while.

Also this too:

tumblr_nep845TIgF1rqa93do5_400.jpg

Dat face.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

MKWii but only because of mods. Otherwise it would have to be Double Dash, I remember having 4-player matches in that game. Good times. I don't own MK8 yet.

Edited by magiciandude, 13 November 2014 - 04:25 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

Mario Kart DS followed by MK8 then Super Circuit.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

Mine is Super Mario Kart and Double Dash. Countless hours used on those games trying to set good time trials records. Double Dash had really great tracks and that RR is amazing. I remember just waking up so early before school just to play that for a few hours before I had to leave. Mario Kart 8 is starting to get up on that list too. I play it nonstop and love the mechanics for it.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#7 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

Mario Kart 8.  It might not be the one that I spent the most time with or enjoyed the most or anything, but it is the one that has the thing I most wanted in all Mario Kart games...individual fingers on character hands.  Also of course, it is the only one that is set to get expansions, which is kind of cool.  Oh ya, and it's pretty and all that.  My only real complaints against it are that it feels unbalanced sometimes and if they can have the likes of Link and Villager, I want Samus or Robin.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:25 PM

Super circuit, mkds, mk7, and mk8.

Dont know why, just always liked the portables better. Until 8. 8's pretty damn hard to top to me.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

Man, judging by the posts in this thread, I'm quite envious of the people who own MK8. :(

Edited by magiciandude, 13 November 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

Man, judging by the posts in this thread, I'm quite of the people who own MK8. :(

wut?

#11 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:13 PM

wut?

Urgh, I can't believe I forgot to put in "envious" in my original post.

#12 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

Super Mario Kart was pretty dang awesome, I played that to death with my brother and friends. I remember having a sleep over and all of us playing it all night. It was just a different take on racing, it truly changed the game.

Mk7 was also a favorite of mine. I got it when I got my 2ds last year and played tons online. I spent more time on that handheld than my ps4 last November.

Mk8 is just perfect all around, tracks are memorable and the retro tracks are well done and not just clones of their former selves. And the music, oh gosh, the music keeps me coming back every time. Plus the dlc is 10/10, i can't wait to see what Nintendo comes up with for the Animal Crossing themed DLC next spring.

#13 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:10 AM

1. Double Dash

2. 8

3. 64

4. SNES

Haven't played 7, Wii, Super Circuit and DS

#14 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:16 AM

On console - MK64 and MK8.

Handheld - MK7

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:23 AM

1. Double Dash

2. 8

3. 64

4. SNES

Haven't played 7, Wii, Super Circuit and DS

On console - MK64 and MK8.

Handheld - MK7

OP wanted no lists. If you could add a sentence or two for your picks that would be wonderful.

Super Mario Kart - Just the idea of nintendo characters racing against eachother on karts made me NEED this game when it came out. I spent many late nights and early mornings playing my against my friends. I thought the graphics were really cool at the time too.

Mario Kart DS - Having a handheld version finally was superb. Playing in bed late at night over wifi was fun. 

Mario Kart 8 - I did like Mario Kart Wii but Mario Kart 8 is an entry in the series that will be looked back on as one of the more creative ones. I think the new items are great, anti-gravity introduces new racing mechanics, online play is much improved and added DLC refreshes the entire game.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#16 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:58 AM

How ignorant of myself, My apologies. :D

Double Dash - I have a lot of memories from the gamecube era, pretty much every game for the console was my favourite. Me and my school friend back in the day put countless hours into it.  

8 - I wasn't going to buy 8 at first but I'm glad I did. It's easy to play, the game looks really good, has a wonderful soundtrack and great selection of DLC. I've enjoyed it even more than Smash Bros and it's probably my favourite game this year.

64 - My first one. Along with Mario Party it's my most nostalgic game. Me, my sister and my dad use to play together and still do sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!