6 replies to this topic

#1 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

POPULAR

Well, I was telling a story on how WUF sort of came to be and I became an admin, but I stopped because I am lazy and new information came out. So I suppose I will be retelling that story, finishing it, and bringing up a few interesting events that came up in conjunction with it (like how I found out I was unknowingly fueling some guys fetish when I was 16 and younger).

Original thread here

So, I have to start from the beginning or I won't be able to finish. And I'll try to write everyday so the story is actually told.

Part 1 is just a collection from my first few posts with little edits here and there. I'll start Part 2 tonight, but I need to collect a bit more info to revise what I have and remember correctly. So, the first entry will not be as long, but I'll try and make sure I finish it this time around.

This also mainly has to do with feldo removing the YAF archives from his server, so I really have no way to look back on things to refresh my memory.

Spoiler

The gallery posts are not included as Soul finally removed the gallery after a few years.

Part 2:

Over time the site was losing a good amount of activity, there were a few regulars, me, and a few other new users who frequented the site. If you would like a comparison, it was just about as active as this site now.

The users who set off the chain of events of YAF shutting down went by the name Davey-J-Yoshi (who later became known as slimeyscaly). He joined the site just like various other yoshi fanatics and began posting art of cardboard-looking Nascars and yoshis with legs twice the size of their own bodies. The guy was obsessed with Nascar almost as much as Yoshi and it was the only thing he would ever talk about.

Anyways, he started posting his art of yoshi and he got one or two responses saying something along the lines of "good job", but the rest of us, we started to point out how massive the legs and thighs of the Yoshis were, and boy, he couldn't stand that. He said that it was his style and that he didn't need to improve upon it. As time went on, he even dropped hints of it just being a fetish of his, but would adamantly deny it.

Despite the nature and attitude of the general userbase, he wasn't able to garner any sympathy and choose to leave the forums, like so many other users  before him. He left a passive aggressive message blaming everyone but himself, and left (I don't remember if it resulted in a ban or not).

After his initial exit, he came back again later, when the userbase was a bit more volatile.

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:54 PM

Buying a ticket for this cringe fest(The whole Sexualization thing, I mean). LET'S DO THIS THING

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

*Graps popcorn.*

I don't even...

#4 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

Oh boy! Tell us the part about TDnevermore or however it's spelled :P

#5 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:58 PM

bump

#6 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

Might as well get back to this soon, mainly so I get the pleasure of explaining the context of this rawr.png

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

*Graps popcorn.*

popcorn_2.gif

Might as well get back to this soon, mainly so I get the pleasure of explaining the context of this attachicon.gifrawr.png

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!