KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:37 PM

In what world does my comment not imply I'm talking sales? I used the iPhone as an example? I'm talking sales/Public Perception, so yeah, not sure where this "He's hating on the Wii U" is coming from.

Do you even read your own comments?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#22 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:10 PM

Do you even read your own comments?

Wii Brand is a shadow of it's former self, though. Wii U has sold 6-8 Million Consoles in double the time the Wii sold 20 Million IIRC. There's no debating it IS a shadow, this would be like the iPhone 6 going from 10 Million sales in the first month to the 6S 5 Million over the first 2. That's massive market loss and shows that the brand is fading away AKA becoming a shadow.

As if I was implying anything other then market with the words Market and sales. So yeah, not sure why you felt the need to quote me when I made it clear I was talking about economics for you to say "If you're speaking purely in sales" unless you were trying to insinuate that I hate the Wii U.

OT: I do kind of agree with GC: The Vita is fantastic for scratching that Niche for those that love it. It's a fantastic Machine, but Sony's overall idea with the Vita is "It's the best because WE made it." There's no denying that the every PS System(Minus Vita ATM) had fantastic Libraries, but the Vita won't make it to that point IMO.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#23 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:32 PM

Wii U > Wii when it comes to everything except sales.

Naa... The Wii also had Gamecube compatibility and a better VC selection.

Edit: All right, you can still access the Wii VC through Wii mode on the Wii U. But the Gamecube statement is still valid.

Edited by storabajskorven, 18 November 2014 - 11:33 PM.

#24 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:05 AM

Edit: All right, you can still access the Wii VC through Wii mode on the Wii U. But the Gamecube statement is still valid.

I did read that with some kind of homebrew that you can play Gamecube games but yeah officially you can't, as well all know. If the homebrew is easy enough to do I might consider it in the future.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#25 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:12 AM

I too believe that the U has more potential than the Wii.

#26 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:42 AM

I too believe that the U has more potential than the Wii.

Oh, definitely. Wayy more potential. Like, so much more potential it's crazy.

Nintendo needs to advertise it better. I remember when the original Wii came out it was like the cool thing to own. Not so with the Wii U.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#27 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:45 AM

I'm probably going to drag a lot of hate for this, but...they're halfway right.

The Wii brand is a shadow of its former self. In both sales, public awareness, and developer support.
And as for the Vita...while it hasn't gotten much in the way of "AAA" support, or even straight up support from Sony and its owned companies, I've admittedly been using it way more than my Wii U in just about every aspect. Gaming, youtube...granted, I know this is more of a personal opinion, but the Vita /is/ a pretty good value if you don't mind trying new things. I've got more Vita games than I do for the Wii U, honestly. :T

Although I think you are being a little biased toward Wii U in your choice of what to play (I would always take Wii U over Vita, even when I didn't like the Wii U very well)... I understand your sentiment.

Edited by Porhorse, 19 November 2014 - 03:46 AM.

#28 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:13 AM

Oh so you got that article from mynintendonews.com eh? Don't bring his carp here please thanks.

Oh Nintendolife is also running it...fine. Change the link to the one from Nintendolife and then feel free to discuss. Mynintendonews is banned here.

Since when was it banned? 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#29 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:27 AM

Since when was it banned?

Since Fieryguns burned down that news stand. Didn't you read the news? Oh wait.

Edited by Porhorse, 19 November 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#30 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

The difference, at least IMO, is that Nintendo decided to support the Wii U until the end(Hopefully) Look at next year for Wii U Games. They know the console has flopped, but they're willing to ride it out. Sony, on the other hand, made the Vita and once it realized it wasn't going to do well, decided to say screw it and are barely supporting it. We have nothing from Sony planned for next year and that's not a good sign.

Nintendo only needs their games to sell. They can afford to be last place with the Wii U. Sony is not doing well at all as a company.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#31 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

Nintendo only needs their games to sell. They can afford to be last place with the Wii U. Sony is not doing well at all as a company.

Not quite sure WHY you're quoting me, especially since your point(That Sony's stopped supporting to save money) Isn't really helped by well..Sony still mass producing the system in Japan/Europe, where the CEOs of the various branches actually give more then 2 craps about the system.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#32 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:51 PM

The "company" part is true but for Nintendo, they need to hit strong. It's 2014 and with 10 millions sales without no real killer apps, the playstation 4 has out class the Wii U in sales and is pretty much starving for games. I do hope Nintendo has a plan cos when those heavy hitters and uncharted drop game over for Nintendo. 

Also it's all about that well adjustments that need to be made.

#33 Fero

Fero

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    One Piece

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

Vita is pretty bad for those like me who don't really enjoy Japanese games with 12 word titles all so much.

#34 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:15 PM

Vita is pretty bad for those like me who don't really enjoy Japanese games with 12 word titles all so much.

Lol what? That's a really stupid stereotype of Vita games. Off of my head, Killzone:Mercanaries, LBPV, FFX/X-2(Though they suck), P4G, Tales of Hearts F, etc. Not sure where the 12 word title comes up, as the closest ones I can think of are Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars(7 words) and whatever that Sorcery Saga game was called. Not sure why you're dissing on a system you obviously know jack all about.

Edited by Doctor Strange, 23 November 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#35 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

Sony and Nintendo!

#36 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

Sony and Nintendo!

Nintendo has reggie. This won't be a fair fight.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#37 Fero

Fero

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    One Piece

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

Lol what? That's a really stupid stereotype of Vita games. Off of my head, Killzone:Mercanaries, LBPV, FFX/X-2(Though they suck), P4G, Tales of Hearts F, etc. Not sure where the 12 word title comes up, as the closest ones I can think of are Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars(7 words) and whatever that Sorcery Saga game was called. Not sure why you're dissing on a system you obviously know jack all about.

Killzone, LBP, Final Fantasy, all games that are on consoles as betters versions, big games like that don't seem to work well on handhelds in my opinion, either... the other two I'm not sure about, but I definitely wouldn't be interested in them myself... anyway, I'm not completely writing the handheld off, I was just making a silly joke... I know I'll probably end up getting a Vita eventually, I don't like to miss out on games.

#38 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:50 PM

you can play gamecube games through homebrew on wiimode. think they have hacked support for classic pro, hopefully they will get support through the smash gamecube adapter. 

#39 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:26 AM

The "company" part is true but for Nintendo, they need to hit strong. It's 2014 and with 10 millions sales without no real killer apps, the playstation 4 has out class the Wii U in sales and is pretty much starving for games. I do hope Nintendo has a plan cos when those heavy hitters and uncharted drop game over for Nintendo.

Also it's all about that well adjustments that need to be made.

Nintendo has enough money to survive a failure, whereas if the PS4 suddenly stopped making money,Sony would be in trouble because they are depending on the PS4 to do well (which, by the way, I believe it will continue to do well).

But the point is, Nintendo is not in any shape or form going to go out of business if the Wii U doesn't sale another system. But, if their games sell well - then they can come out of this failure with more cash to try again next generation.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:44 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Exaggeration

She was making light of the games you listed featuring only sub-titles and lacking in originality.

Oh so you got that article from mynintendonews.com eh? Don't bring his carp here please thanks.

Oh Nintendolife is also running it...fine. Change the link to the one from Nintendolife and then feel free to discuss. Mynintendonews is banned here.

I banned your face.

Edited by Nollog, 28 November 2014 - 10:46 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!