• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:21 PM

Currently an average score of 94 on Metacritic. Servers are not switched on yet so they don't mention how smooth it is online.

http://www.metacriti.../critic-reviews

Gaming Age gave an A, quoting "The game doesn’t appear to suffer in the slightest when it comes to framerate or visual quality with 8 fighters on screen at once, which is certainly a plus"

http://www.gaming-ag...s-review-wii-u/

US Gamer gave 4.5/5

http://www.usgamer.n...s-its-true-form

Just pre-ordered this, good deal. - http://www.amazon.co...amecube adapter

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

Mega hype. Can't believe it is time.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

Here's Gamexplain's review:

and here's the "talk about the review" from IGN (who don't want to put up a review until online works):

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

I want to read the reviews but I don't want to. At least I know that the game is really, really good.

Have you guys seen the review that gave it 80 on metacritic? Those guys got ripped apart in the comments. 

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:09 PM

I want to read the reviews but I don't want to. At least I know that the game is really, really good.

Have you guys seen the review that gave it 80 on metacritic? Those guys got ripped apart in the comments. 

So now gamers are attacking reviews for not being positive enough? Jesus christ.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#6 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

The reviews are really only there so that I can bask in the essence of the game that I have already bought, downloaded, and just have to wait until tomorrow night to play.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#7 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:39 PM

So now gamers are attacking reviews for not being positive enough? Jesus christ.

Yes. Also the credibility of the review is questionable. Did you read the review yourself? Most of the issues he complained about were his own daddy issues. He also said that the online was smooth when the servers haven't been switched on yet (the reason IGN hasn't done their review yet).

bi5tzqg.gif

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

almost like theyve formed an entire hate movement around that concept something.

Metacritics not the only source of the problem, but its a huge part it, and it is the trigger for these unproportianately extreme responses. Its a cancer that has got to go.

I mean, its not like the guy even got anything hugely objectively wrong gameplay wise (looks at w101 reviews)

He was dissapointed with the lack of 'new', mainly reffering to not having a 'story' mode like sub space emmissary, something that i recall a great deal of people being upset about when it was announced, meaning this review would be a useful service to them.

It wasnt a great review, there several things he mentioned but never explained.He typoed online multiplayer instead of local.

But its not a great enough offense to warrant those responses. He really likes the adventure/sub space emmissary mode, it was removed, he dropped the score from 9 to 8. Its not like he raped a plush doll of Sonic the hedgehog or anything.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:02 PM

You really should read the review. The first five paragraphs alone go on and on about how his dad almost threw away the N64.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:18 PM

You really should read the review. The first five paragraphs alone go on and on about how his dad almost threw away the N64.

The review sucks. Boo hoo. All the game reviews from major websites are terrible, but you don't hear anyone complaining do you? No, it's only when the review sullies the precious metascore that review quality matters, doesn't it?

I'm all for criticizing reviews, but not when the criticism is as disingenuous as this.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#11 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

The review sucks. Boo hoo. All the game reviews from major websites are terrible, but you don't hear anyone complaining do you? No, it's only when the review sullies the precious metascore that review quality matters, doesn't it?

I'm all for criticizing reviews, but not when the criticism is as disingenuous as this.

I really heavily on gamerankings.

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

I rely heavily on my own judgement not some jackoff off the street on a website claims to be professional when nearly all of them fell into it and no more qualified then a Gamestop clerk. You would be very surprised how few of them ever got a degree in journalism or at all. Most of them kinda fell into it. Some because they got drunk at the right time (Mary at Gamespot for example and she just started playing game sin 2008)

Reviewers are not qualified. I follow a game with interest from announcement til launch. Rarely been burned. I don't rely on a stupid worthless number. I rarely read reviews but if well written I will and care as much about the score as much as I want to get hemorrhoids. The review matters not the number.

#13 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

I listen to Metacritic or my own past experiences with such games.

#14 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:20 PM

I listen to Metacritic or my own past experiences with such games.

Same. For a game like Smash Bros. I'll buy it no matter what it's scores are.

bi5tzqg.gif

#15 montytom

montytom

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • NNID:Montego
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Uncharted,Mario

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:21 AM

I must admit when I had an N64 Playstation 1 etc. I used to read the reviews and now I am thinking how many games have I missed out on because of a bad review.

Luckily now with Youtube I can watch gameplay videos and decide.

I will be picking up the UK edition with the gamecube adapter.

Even though I still have the original gamecube controller I think I may purchase the smash controller

#16 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

Yes, if you piss off Nintendo fanboys then all hell breaks lose.

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:40 AM

Yes, if you piss off any kind of fanboy then all hell breaks lose.

Fixed.

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:40 AM

Online looks pretty good.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!