NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

A listing for Zombie U 2 has been spotted on Amazon.fr. The listing has since been removed, but not before Jeuxvideo grabbed a couple of screens.

Interestingly, rather than a vague December 2015 date, the listing pointed towards a specific day: October 17, 2015. The listing also mentioned Bandai Namco as a publisher, which is very strange since the game was developed and published by Ubisoft.

Namco could simply be the game’s distributor in the region, or could be the new owner of the IP, albeit very unlikely. There is also a mention of New York as a setting for the sequel. The original game was set in London.

zombie-u-2-amazon-fr-2-1152x741.jpg

More here http://www.vg247.com...-amazon-france/

Zombi U sold decent for a launch title and it has quite a following. Could this be another Nintendo funded/partnership soon to be announced title? I would love for this to be true as I really enjoyed the first. Release date of October 17th, 2015... perfect timing for Halloween 2015... Believe?  Most likely not real, hoax or error but.... this would be really cool. 

200.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:31 AM

I'd...kinda be surprised if any sort of sequel was made, given Ubisoft's current level of supporting the Wii U, and the fact that ZombiU wasn't profitable, iirc.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:32 AM

I'd...kinda be surprised if any sort of sequel was made, given Ubisoft's current level of supporting the Wii U, and the fact that ZombiU wasn't profitable, iirc.

Might not be from Ubisoft. Listing says Bandai Namco. Also, i found that Ubisoft abandoned the ZombiU mark, so another entity could technically register or use the mark.

hmmm interesting find here.

http://trademarks.ju....-85761502.html

It was abandoned March 24th, 2014.

Event DateEvent Description
2012-10-26 NEW APPLICATION ENTERED IN TRAM
2012-10-26 NEW APPLICATION OFFICE SUPPLIED DATA ENTERED IN TRAM
2012-11-12 ASSIGNED TO EXAMINER
2012-11-15 APPROVED FOR PUB - PRINCIPAL REGISTER
2012-12-05 NOTIFICATION OF NOTICE OF PUBLICATION E-MAILED
2012-12-25 PUBLISHED FOR OPPOSITION
2012-12-25 OFFICIAL GAZETTE PUBLICATION CONFIRMATION E-MAILED
2013-02-19 NOA E-MAILED - SOU REQUIRED FROM APPLICANT
2013-08-19 TEAS EXTENSION RECEIVED
2013-08-19 EXTENSION 1 FILED
2013-08-19 EXTENSION 1 GRANTED
2013-08-21 NOTICE OF APPROVAL OF EXTENSION REQUEST E-MAILED
2014-03-24 ABANDONMENT - NO USE STATEMENT FILED
2014-03-24 ABANDONMENT NOTICE MAILED - NO USE STATEMENT FILED

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

I'm calling BS as Zombi U was a reboot to Zombi Ubi's first ever game. They would not let that go after 30 years.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

I'm calling BS as Zombi U was a reboot to Zombi Ubi's first ever game. They would not let that go after 30 years.

Well, they abandoned ZombiU trademark. You would think if they were wanting to hold onto that, it would have been renewed, or shown statement used. If they are no longer supporting the Wii U with mature titles, it would make sense to not renew and maybe they didn't feel they were letting go of something important since the mark was specifically for ZombiU, not Zombi.

large.jpg

This is the only serial number left for ZombiU that has yet to be abandoned by Ubisoft,

Serial Number 85761509

http://tess2.uspto.g...4810:5e6x1.3.99

The other 8 listed are dead.

http://tess2.uspto.g...810:5e6x1.3.100

Looking over some of the documents, the one still active is the game itself which was used in commerce. The others that seem abandoned are for toys, game manuals etc. Guess only time will tell. Still, I'd rather another dev and publisher pick this up if Ubisoft is just gonna sit on it.

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:54 AM

Well anytime something shows up on Amazon it's more often then not total BS. In fact I can't think of a time a game got announced on Amazon.

Also is Zombi U sold in E shop? If so then that tells they still have it. I honestly never looked myself.

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:56 AM

Well anytime something shows up on Amazon it's more often then not total BS. In fact I can't think of a time a game got announced on Amazon.

Also is Zombi U sold in E shop? If so then that tells they still have it. I honestly never looked myself.

Oh I agree, just wishful thinking that we get a sequel to this game. Not sure, haven't checked for it in a while.

Yes it is still in eshop http://www.nintendo....th_bVcjOkIPQico

Why are you ruining my pre-holiday fun? LOL

#8 ccusack

ccusack

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:58 AM

Bout time!

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:58 AM

Oh I agree, just wishful thinking that we get a sequel to this game. Not sure, haven't checked for it in a while.

Yes it is still in eshop http://www.nintendo....th_bVcjOkIPQico

Why are you ruining my pre-holiday fun? LOL

image.png

Edited by Sorceror12, 25 November 2014 - 10:04 AM.
video language

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

Either way, this discussion has tempted me to pop in Zombi U once again and start doing another play through!

#11 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:23 AM

Soucerer, come on, this is Ubisoft were talking about here. They're not the type to go "Ya we're abandoning this game, there's no sequal" then create a sequel.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

Soucerer, come on, this is Ubisoft were talking about here. They're not the type to go "Ya we're abandoning this game, there's no sequal" then create a sequel.

Actually, it is Bandai Namco which caught some eyes. In fact, if that listing on Amazon FR *whether hoax or error* stated Ubisoft as the publisher, I wouldn't have blinked twice.

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

Namco Bandai eh? Guess I'll pick it up for PS4.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:01 PM

I think it would be a great move for Nintendo to do a partnership with a third party for a zombiu sequel.

I call unicorn tongue on the original being unprofitable, it at least broke even and I'm sure it was one of the better selling games in the Wii U's launch lineup. 

#15 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

I think it would be a great move for Nintendo to do a partnership with a third party for a zombiu sequel.

I call unicorn tongue on the original being unprofitable, it at least broke even and I'm sure it was one of the better selling games in the Wii U's launch lineup. 

Yeah basically at a minimum it broke even. To my knowledge it is still the best selling third party game on Wii U? can anyone confirm this? IMO that warrants at least consideration. If it does happen yeah Nintendo is spending money to make it happen.  

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

Yeah basically at a minimum it broke even. To my knowledge it is still the best selling third party game on Wii U? can anyone confirm this? IMO that warrants at least consideration. If it does happen yeah Nintendo is spending money to make it happen.  

I think I heard or saw this somewhere too. I think it sold decent especially considering the install base.

#17 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

I think I heard or saw this somewhere too. I think it sold decent especially considering the install base.

Yeah it would be nice for Ubisoft to give us the actual numbers of what it cost to develop and market vs numbers sold and profit. either way with all the mature games dont sell on Nintendo console I think gamers should be rewarded for this selling as well as it did. To it probably didnt hit the million mark but to my knowledge it is well over 500k into 600k. I know a lot of new Wii U owners that this is their must buy game as far as 3rd party. I still doubt this rumor is true. I personally wouldnt be surprised if a sequel comes to ps4/xb1/pc and skips Wii U some time this generation.

#18 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

You would think that since console sales are much higher now that this would also make a developer consider a sequel. 

I know the Wii U still isn't doing amazing, but I really wonder how well it has to be doing before third parties need to think up a different excuse to boycott Wii U.

#19 DizzyT

DizzyT

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • NNID:DizzyT

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

You would think that since console sales are much higher now that this would also make a developer consider a sequel. 

I know the Wii U still isn't doing amazing, but I really wonder how well it has to be doing before third parties need to think up a different excuse to boycott Wii U.

Does anyone know how many WiiU´s they have sold?

Since MK8, Hyrule Warriors and now Smash has been released it should have increased the sales.

#20 TibetanMonk

TibetanMonk

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:51 AM

I really liked Zombi U. It had it's flaws but it was a good game. A sequel that is even better would be a great addition to the Wii U library, so fingers crossed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!