• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:54 AM

Not intended to be a "which is better...." but rather, what are your overall thoughts on one vs. the other.  Are you glad you got both? Will you get the other if you only have one?  

I wasn't looking forward to the 3ds version all that much, but caved in and got on launch day.... Have about 25 hours on it- which is a lot for me.  I really enjoy being able to play it on the fly as a time killer, plus at the gym.

Waited a week to get the Wii U version.  At first wasn't blown away by it- I think in part b/c I've been playing the 3ds version so much.  But I've been playing the Wii U version for a bit now too- actually at a faster rate than I was playing my 3ds version (have six hours on it already and got it on Black Friday- but didn't play it until Saturday).

All & all, VERY pleased with both- I got a free $15 gift card at Target with purchase, so I got an Amiibo (Fox). Haven't used him yet.  I'll bet that I end up with over a hundred hours of play on these two by April, if not sooner. So, at a dollar per hour of entertainment- likely much cheaper by this time next year (less than fifty cents?).... this was a great way to spend $100..... 

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

3DS version is great for what it is... a portable version of a console game. Controls take some getting use to but it plays smooth and I think we'll see more SMASH on future Nintendo handhelds.

I got both cause I collect but the soundtrack CD offer from club nintendo is a nice incentive. I do like playing online too so it's nice having both versions and be able to get my SMASH fix in wherever I am.

A tip, if you got both versions don't forget you can transfer your custom character over.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

I think smash 3ds deserves more credit. It is stunning to me. Smash on the go. It is almost perfect to me. 

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

I think both versions pushed their systems. Smash Wii U being one of the only 1080p 60fps games on the Wii U, and certainly the only 8 player 1080 60 game on next-gen. Smash 3DS is just impressive that it doesn't feel stripped down, it has all the same characters, almost as many stages, etc. You know a game is pushing the system when it has to RESTART to exit the game.

I feel like Sakurai and his team have done an incredible job in the time they had to create some wonderful games.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

I've been enjoying the 3DS one more. Little things such as custom controls saving and the color of my character in the selection screen also saving make it easier for me to jump in and play. Plus, the portability aspect wins for me. The Wii U version is fine, but I find myself playing the handheld one more.

#6 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

wii u is better imo

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

I got both.

Ended up getting the 3ds ver a week after launch. I was unsure if i wanted it.

but once i got it and started to play it was pretty cool to have smash on the go.

Then the wii u ver came out. the upgraded graphic where nice.

having both games is pretty cool i get to pick and choice if i wanna play at home or on the go.

Other then that its just a cool game overall on either system.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

Yeah, i really thought i would wait to get the 3ds and caved in at the last minute. Between both versions that's a ton of content that will last me for months and months. I can see why they aren't working on dlc.

Oh, and I'm very excited about the soundtrack. Mewtew isn't a big deal to me bc i have no idea who he is, but having extra character will be nice.

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

Having only played the 3DS version as a special demo and owning smash bros U, I can't really say much other than the two games are really similar control wise, people who want smash on the go it seems perfect for them, the Wii U version is the definitive one though I would definately say.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:07 PM

Not intended to be a "which is better...."

wii u is better imo

lol gj

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, i really thought i would wait to get the 3ds and caved in at the last minute. Between both versions that's a ton of content that will last me for months and months. I can see why they aren't working on dlc.

Oh, and I'm very excited about the soundtrack. Mewtew isn't a big deal to me bc i have no idea who he is, but having extra character will be nice.

Can I have your code for the 3DS version?????? :D

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

Mewtew isn't a big deal to me bc i have no idea who he is, but having extra character will be nice.

The things i read on this forum never cease to amaze me...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:04 PM

All mewtew be for me is another pokemon I can destroy. Biggest losing records and most falls and damage taken are Pokemon dating back to Melee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!