Photo

2015 - Assassin's Creed Victory! - London (Victorian)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

http://kotaku.com/ne...lond-1665343788

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

Next year's Assassin's Creed game will take place in London during the 19th century, Kotaku has learned. Farewell, Napoleon; hello, Jack the Ripper?1

This new entry in Ubisoft's annual open-world action series, slated for release in the fall of 2015, will take us through the dirty back alleys and rattling stagecoaches of London during the Victorian era, a historical period that fans have wanted to see in an Assassin's Creed game for quite some time now. This new Assassin's Creed game is called or code-named Victory—like Victorian!—and it will be out next year for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, according to a person familiar with the game.

Victory is something of a shift for the series in a few ways. For one, this is the first Assassin's Creed game helmed by Ubisoft's Quebec studio, as opposed to their primary Montreal office, which has led development on the biggest Assassin's Creed releases since the first game in 2007. Earlier this year, the Ubisoft Blog teased that Quebec would be heading up a future game in their annualized series, but they didn't say much more about it. This is that game.

Of course, just about every major Ubisoft game is developed by teams of hundreds that work across all of their studios across the world, from Canada to China. But it's significant to see anAssassin's Creed game led by a new team. Ubisoft Quebec also developed downloadable content for Assassin's Creed III (The Tyranny of King Washington) and Assassin's Creed IV (Freedom Cry).

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Interesting. I'd play it, but I don't have a PS4.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

hopefully they learn from this years mistakes

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

hopefully they learn from this years mistakes

LOL I wanna die laughing. Ubi never learns

Not like any of the other games been a mess of bugs. Not to mention the general attitude among reviews is *yawn more creed yawn* 20 Games since 2007. It's time they stop making them period.

Edited by Strider Hiryu, 02 December 2014 - 03:38 PM.
toning down flame bait

#5 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

Not like any of the other games been a mess of bugs. Not to mention the general atitude among reviews is *yawn more creed yawn* 20 Games since 2007. It's time they stop making them period.

You are not a very nice person

Edited by Big Boss, 02 December 2014 - 06:14 PM.
removed direct foul language

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

Watch it guys. 

Regarding the next game. I think the series would benefit from a year off. Let the devs have more time regarding the entire game development. Plus, I think it would benefit both Ubi and fans of the series much more down the road too.

Ubi should have taken it's own advice when they said they would not release a game if they didn't feel it was ready. I can't find the exact quote but you get the idea. A game that needs severe patches with over 300 fixes should have not been released.. a few month delay would have done wonders. Heck, they have enough big releases this holiday anyways. 

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

Ah here it is:

Speaking to IGN in a conversation about delays, Ubisoft North American president Laurent Detoc said that Ubisoft would break Assassin’s Creed's annualized schedule by delaying a game "if it's not good enough."

“If we think we’ve ended up with a 70 percent Assassin’s Creed game, we’re not going to ship it,” Detoc told IGN. “That damages the brand.

Well, I think Unity did some damage... but perhaps Ubi feels they ended up with a  75 or 80% game in that of Unity. Quote is from Dec of 2013

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

Doesn't matter. They are still phoning it in. Desmond is dead. That whole story no longer matters. Ubi said screw it that story no longer means jack.

Broke the 4th wall like a comedy in ACIV. Also in the first two games the outfit still made sense. However in ACII the last of the Assasins is 4 people. Well no wonder. Still in 1800's parading around Ezio's robes. Yeah you really blend in like that. Sure do. Not an easy target not easy to spot and kill. For them who pride themselves on stealth. They sure suck at it. Meanwhile the Templar's blend in like real Ninjas did (not playing on my name here). So since the main story no longer matters. Assassin's are proven idiots. Juno I guess got bored and left. There is zero reason to make this series anymore. Just kill this wretched series. Peaked at ACII which is a fantastic game best in the series and Jesper Kyds works is astoundingly good. Brotherhood still ok. Then dropped off there. ACIV was a fun pirate game but story was bad,characters were bland and a bunch of stuff was forced and made no sense.

Kill this series. Ubi still has time before they are full the EA of France. (btw funny a french developed game taking place in france has brit accents)

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

Well another 10 million seller for Ubisoft

#10 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

LOL I wanna die laughing. Ubi never learns

Not like any of the other games been a mess of bugs. Not to mention the general attitude among reviews is *yawn more creed yawn* 20 Games since 2007. It's time they stop making them period.

Same could be said about mario. They sell like crazy so why not keep pumping them out? Just don't buy them if you don't like them.

bb0.gif

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

Same could be said about mario. They sell like crazy so why not keep pumping them out? Just don't buy them if you don't like them.

That's a dumb argument and comparison.  Does Nintendo make a lot of Mario games.Yes. However they change the formula around and take advantage of the new controller and system Nintendo has put out. Mario doesn't have a trilogy of a story that was solved several games ago. Mario didn't go ..well we solved the story killed off the main character but lets keep going anyway. Rogue is a re-skin of ACIV. Literally. They reused the exact same assets and created nothing new. No not like using the same engine but building a new game. They just put the islands in different places added snow/ Jackdaw is there and you claim it by stealing it early just like ACIV. It is a total reskin and a lazy one.

AC Unity is the series doing NOTHING new. It's the same thing as about every other game. ACII fixed a lot that AC1 screwed up. ACIV at least in new things added a bunch. ACU was 1 step forward and 8 steps back. This is looking to be another Rogue in that it will be a reskin of Unity. Story wise the series is done.Gameplay wise it has nothing new. Feature wise it has nothing new. Design wise it has nothing new.

Mario is not 2 games a year on Wii U. AC is 2 games a year on consoles. Also last time I checked Mario are not buggy messes with ZERO QA. Mario on WIi U does not have Micro Transactions. Mario runs at 60FPS. Mario doesn't need to apologize to everyone who bought it. Mario didn't need literally 300 DLC fixes in a patch.

I'm not even much of a fan of Mario but trying to compare the two is dumb.

Edited by Strider Hiryu, 02 December 2014 - 07:03 PM.

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

They wont stop making them until people stop buying them. If people want gaming to begin evolving and progressing in design again, they need to stop being tools to marketing.

Real game designers, the ones with talent, are leaving the videogame market to persue varied, and very successful careers in gamification instead, because they enjoy the creativity and talent they get to excersise that just isnt financially rewarded in todays marketing brainwashed publisher conglomerate dominated consumer market.... And they now make more money in months working half the time than they used to make in a year.

If people want great games again, we need an audience worth making games for. As of right now, we have an audience that simply wants to be told what to buy, and then be told how awesome what they just bought is, and enjoy being conditioned to viciously attack anything else.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

Announcing a new game before the last one is fixed, perfect!

794144.png?13383682

#14 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:40 AM

What the. Didn't the new one just come out like a week ago. Well, if they sell like hot cakes, I don't blame Ubi for churning them out every single year.

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

It looks really good. But so did Unity. We'll see.

The games need more gameplay changes. Better stealth mechanics please. Less repetetive BS.

No sig.

#16 TibetanMonk

TibetanMonk

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

I grew tired of this series a long, long time ago. Every year a new game is way too much when there's hardly anything new. Besides, I'm not supporting them anymore anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!