Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

http://www.nintendol...bo_discontinued

Earlier this week we reported that intense demand for amiibo had prompted UK retailer GAME to hike its prices, increasing the going rate by over 20% from £11.99 to £14.99 in the UK. The situation of limited amiibo stock and increasing prices is getting worse in multiple territories, however, and rumours of discontinued figures are being reinforced by market realities.

The rumour is spreading that the Villager, Marth and Wii Fit Trainer amiibo figures have been discontinued; in other words, if true this means that once current stock is sold no more will be supplied to retailers. This isn't officially confirmed, of course, but some gamers have apparently been told, by stores such as EB Games, that Marth is discontinued and has been removed from their systems.

With demand still high, that then accelerates what we've already seen — prices skyrocket. This is now happening across territories. Amazon in the US is selling amiibo still in stock at the recommended price, but these three figures rumoured to be discontinued are out of stock from Amazon proper, with prices at the mercy of private sellers on the platform. Marth is already commanding over $40 at the time of writing, with Villager at around $25. Gamestop, as another example, is out of stock (online) of a number of figures; these include Villager and Marth, but Wii Fit Trainer is still available at the standard price. As for eBay, bids are also creeping up on the auction site.

Edited by Sorceror12, 07 December 2014 - 05:43 PM.
added some text

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

Well, I gotta now make sure I get EVERY SINGLE ONE in the next wave... and the wave after that... and the exclusive one at GameStop, Best Buy, Toys R Us.... lol

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

They're not discontinued..
http://www.neogaf.co...1#post142281145

B4S2H8ZIgAEYJYS.png

Edited by Sorceror12, 07 December 2014 - 06:27 PM.
added image

2lvmghw.png

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

That's good. Just hope Nintendo does larger runs for each wave from now on. 2nd wave pre-order on Amazon.... almost all unavailable except for Luigi.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

Brilliant news about discontinuation. Stock problems are annoying though, even though they are a good thing. I was going to buy my Kirby at an extorted price when my first one was cancelled <_<.  just glad Amazon US is by proper prices.

All I want from batch 2 is Zelda and from 3 will be Sheik, Rosalina & Luma and possibly Toon Link.

My batch one stuff is fine for now,  may grab Peach simply for the outfit in MK8 to use with Petch, don't judge me!

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

Even still...I'm gonna try and buy WFT, Marth and Villager ASAP. I mean, sure, they won't be discontinued for awhile...but they'll definitely be the first ones to /be/ discontinued in the future.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

B4S2H8ZIgAEYJYS.png

That's good. Just hope Nintendo does larger runs for each wave from now on. 2nd wave pre-order on Amazon.... almost all unavailable except for Luigi.

i feel better now, from now on I wont wait on the ones i want, starting with getting that peach and link monday at bestbuy.

#8 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

I think I will head over to GameStop and preorder Shulk and Meta Knight from best buy just to be safe

#9 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

http://mynintendonew...itial-shipment/

Looks like they are even though that clearly conflicts with what other members from Nintendo have said. Perhaps there will be another shipment and then they will be discontinued? Who knows.

2lvmghw.png

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

http://mynintendonew...itial-shipment/

Looks like they are even though that clearly conflicts with what other members from Nintendo have said. Perhaps there will be another shipment and then they will be discontinued? Who knows.

Take that with a whole mineral lick deposit. It is referring to a Wired article that doesn't cite any sources. Plus Wired is the ONLY website claiming that Nintendo told them (exclusively, apparently) that some Amiibos will be discontinued, while virtually every other site is saying the reverse and have sources to back up their claims.

Edited by grahamf, 08 December 2014 - 07:28 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:03 AM

http://www.nintendol...be_discontinued

"Perhaps now some need to panic

Information on the availability of some amiibo figures has been somewhat frustrating to peg down. First came a rumour that the Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager figures were discontinued. Following that, Nintendo of America Assistant PR Manager David Young reportedly responded thatno, none of these figures have been axed.

Now, however, Nintendo has released a statement to both Wired and IGN that does not paint a hopeful picture for those struggling to find some less-prominent figures:

We will aim for certain amiibo to always be available. These will be for our most popular characters like Mario and Link. Due to shelf space constraints, other figures likely will not return to the market once they have sold through their initial shipment.

The word "likely" possesses some "wait and see" hope to it, but what this fully means for the fates of certain sought-after amiibo is really anyone's guess now. No further details have been given at this time regarding the choices made for specific models."

The latest...

http://www.gamespot....p/1100-6424126/

Nintendo Europe will continue to resupply Amiibo stock that has sold out, the corporation has told GameSpot, following rumors that some of the new toys have been discontinued already.

However, the issue is complicated because representatives for Nintendo of America have said, and later denied, that it will no longer manufacture some of the highly sought figurines.

Confusion surrounding the supply of Amiibo began when an independent Canadian games retailer, Video Games Plus, claimed on Twitter that Nintendo "has officially discontinued Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, & Villager Amibos."

"Sorry folks these are gone forever," the retailer wrote.

When questioned on the matter, a representative for Nintendo of America said that "due to shelf space constraints, other figures likely will not return to the market once they have sold through their initial shipment."

That, in turn, led to a purported Nintendo executive to claim that "we have not discontinued any of the Amiibo figures."

In a bid to draw a line on the matter, Nintendo of Europe has issued a statement to GameSpot, which reads:

"Nintendo of Europe would like to confirm that supplies of Amiibo are currently available in the European market. Amiibo have been very popular at launch and as such it's always possible that a few retailers may have sold out. We are continually aiming to always have a regular supply of Amiibo brought into the marketplace and there are many waves of Amiibo to come."

Edited by Atticus, 10 December 2014 - 08:04 AM.

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

It makes sense though, with all the figures due to come out retailers cannot simply keep making room for them on the shelf. Online outlets should carry every amiibo, at least you would hope. I suspect the main nintendo characters to remain on the shelf in stores and with each new wave coming out, they'll probably only carry a handful of the new ones.

#13 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:38 AM

Sooner or later they will stop production of the old ones.

If Nintendo decides to offer several versions of the same character,the oldest one(s) will probably stop being ordered by shops, thus stopping production.

#14 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

It makes sense though, with all the figures due to come out retailers cannot simply keep making room for them on the shelf. Online outlets should carry every amiibo, at least you would hope. I suspect the main nintendo characters to remain on the shelf in stores and with each new wave coming out, they'll probably only carry a handful of the new ones.

i would agree, however working in best buy, stores have dedicated an entire isle for all skylanders, all disney infinite, but just a 4x4 section of amiibo, and chose not to carry certain ones. so they can, they just wont.

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

i would agree, however working in best buy, stores have dedicated an entire isle for all skylanders, all disney infinite, but just a 4x4 section of amiibo, and chose not to carry certain ones. so they can, they just wont.

hopefully the stores will see they are selling well. I think when Disney Infinity started, it was a rather small space too. Although stores like Target really don't have much space. My Toys R Us is beautifully setup and stocked. I should of nabbed a picture today. The Wii U section and Amiibo was huge.

#16 montytom

montytom

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • NNID:Montego
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Uncharted,Mario

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

This is great news all I need to complete wave 1 is Kirby
the villager and the wii fit trainer

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

V2Pmuh5l.jpg

From gonintendo, supposedly a GameStop notice.

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:38 PM

yeah, I think that it seems lie not even Nintendo knows yet. I doubt that they will be discontinued, just that the availability will be reduced so not to overwhelm stores with less shelf space.

Plus I can see some being made available from special promotions or contests. They should now be a staple at Club Nintendo.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:13 AM

Now Nintendo says they will be restocked later. This is a mess lol

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

Was in target, two different ones. No 2nd wave of any figure but the sticker is there. Mainly mario, pikachu, donkey kong. Little yoshi, samus, fox.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amiibo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!