13 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

IMG_20141212_190223777_zpsn7l0jl2f.jpg

Now I have seen 2DSes before but have never played much attention to them. Anyway, I have owned 3DS XLs and let me tell you, the 2DS is better. Here is why...

The 3DS XL suffers from big pixels. But worse than that are the scan lines. Scan lines are what happens when a 3D screen produces a 2D picture, they are a visible artifact in the 3DS when 3D is off. I can't say for certain that the 2DS has no scan lines, but I'm not seeing them.

I got the clear red 2DS. It is see through and you can see the internals. I wish the Wii U had a clear console. That would just be so awesome, regardless of any downsides like more people taking them apart.

Bravely Default had a great opening. You used an AR card on the back of your instruction manual to get a cinematic in your living room (or wherever you are). I think that, I'm going to really enjoy this game. It's showing none of the signs so far of a horrible game, unlike Final Fantasy X which, although bittersweet for me and I like it, showed some bad signs right away.

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Sounds like a great "restart" with the 3DS. I have a friend that owns a 2DS and I must say, I was surprised by how comfortable it was. Have you played KI: U? You need to immediately get it if you haven't.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

Sounds like a great "restart" with the 3DS. I have a friend that owns a 2DS and I must say, I was surprised by how comfortable it was. Have you played KI: U? You need to immediately get it if you haven't.

I played it and beat it a long time ago. The storyline had so many twists and turns, it was great.

So by the way, I asked awhile back if anyone besides me was playing Fantasy Life. Sorc said you had it as well.

#4 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

Some bad signs? That's like a worker on the hoover dam sees the whole thing explode and reports it as "a minor leak". Every good FF game, heck even the ones I hate that everyone loves(7/8) give you action relatively quickly. FFX instead feels that we need to care about a sport that is so stupid that the game goes " Screw it, it's not useful, we'll make it be an optional minigame" about 10% of the way through. The characters are bordering on Suzaku from Code Ment Levels of caciture, but we're supposed to take it seriously. If I had the time, I would write a Magnum Opus of Everything that FFX(Or better yet, Square Enix over the past 20 years) does wrong that would require a brand new binding system to fit in a book.

/Exxageration, but I really could if I wanted to. I own the game's "Remastered edition", so Bring it SE.

But yeah, BD:FF is supposedly really good at moments.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

Some bad signs? That's like a worker on the hoover dam sees the whole thing explode and reports it as "a minor leak". Every good FF game, heck even the ones I hate that everyone loves(7/8) give you action relatively quickly. FFX instead feels that we need to care about a sport that is so stupid that the game goes " Screw it, it's not useful, we'll make it be an optional minigame" about 10% of the way through. The characters are bordering on Suzaku from Code Ment Levels of caciture, but we're supposed to take it seriously. If I had the time, I would write a Magnum Opus of Everything that FFX(Or better yet, Square Enix over the past 20 years) does wrong that would require a brand new binding system to fit in a book.
/Exxageration, but I really could if I wanted to. I own the game's "Remastered edition", so Bring it SE.
But yeah, BD:FF is supposedly really good at moments.

Classic Doctor Strange post. (For the record, I'm not insulting you... Games and people need a good kick in the pants now and then)

#6 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

Classic Doctor Strange post. (For the record, I'm not insulting you... Games and people need a good kick in the pants now and then)

If there is one thing that anyone can say about me, it's that I'm passionate about what I like/don't like. :P

Also, how's the build quality on the 2DS? I've heard differing things

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#7 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:16 PM

If there is one thing that anyone can say about me, it's that I'm passionate about what I like/don't like. :P
Also, how's the build quality on the 2DS? I've heard differing things

The plastic feels cheap but works and seems like it will hold. It's weird.

#8 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

I played it and beat it a long time ago. The storyline had so many twists and turns, it was great.

So by the way, I asked awhile back if anyone besides me was playing Fantasy Life. Sorc said you had it as well.

Correct. PM me if you want to swap FCs.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:20 PM

Clear plastic like that is always kinda cheap but looks retro cool. Late 90's cool.

#10 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

I never have had a problem with my XL, but I understand your issues. I never really notices scan lines, and with big pixels; at first it bothered me, but now I never notice.

Bravely Default is an amazing game, for the first 40 hours or so you will surely enjoy it. The second half of the game will most likely test your patience, however, if you can push through it, the ending is a great payoff. I highly recommend you stick with it.

Edited by SolxBurst, 12 December 2014 - 08:39 PM.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

@Sol - This might help:

9YzOjaK.jpg

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

If only it had the PSVita 1000 screen. Oh. My. God. I agree with porridge that 3DS XL is a bit blurry but I also think all 3ds screens are and me I need a bigger screen. XL Is more so simply because they are stretching something not meant to be.I struggle to play my PSP anymore because I never realized how much it hurts my eyes to play on that thing and I love PSP.  Legend of Heroes..maybe one day I will finish you :(

#13 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

@Sol - This might help:

9YzOjaK.jpg

Looking up close on my 3DS, you can see it, but from a distance of a few feet it's impossible to see that.

IMO, the new 3DS is the best model to buy because the smaller screen will make the pixels look less "blown up" and the extra power and all that is good too :D

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#14 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:38 PM

The New 3DS has a larger screen....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!