• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

At 0:07 and 0:23 there are quick glimpses of it. Looks like a larger screen or maybe it's just a prop? Who knows...

new-wii-u-gamepad.jpg?f319f9

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 14 December 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

I think its just a prop.

like when that 3ds xl was gigantic in that smash direct. Made the adult hands look like baby hands.

#3 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

Nope, definitely the same gamepad. Screen looks bigger due to blur as the light bleeds into the darkness of the rest of the GamePad.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#4 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

Nope, definitely the same gamepad. Screen looks bigger due to blur as the light bleeds into the darkness of the rest of the GamePad.

I agree with Bigboss on it being more than likely a prop but that is not the same Gamepad. Look how much thinner the bezel is above compared to the current one.

Wii-U-Game-Pad-Controller.jpg

#5 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

Not the same gamepad, probably a prop. I seriously doubt Nintendo would randomply forget in the middle of filming an advertisement that they haven't told anyone about the new gamepad yet. Heck if they had something new like that it would probably under such tight raps that the director of the advert wouldn't be aware, let alone given one for some weird reason.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#6 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

I don't know... there's just something really strange with that picture.
That's not to say it's a new model, but even with blur the button/joystick placing and the bottom part is different.

For exemple, the left joystick is too close to the screen (even if you add the blur); the Wii U symbol and the Home menu look like they are in the middle instead of the lower end of the gamepad. If it was just blur the lower part being faded by the blur would probably affect the symbol and home button.

Who knows, right?

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

Now I want those chairs lol....

But nah its the same size.
I don't think nintendo would make the game pad bigger.
It's a nice size for me but I know some believe it's already to big.
They might make a smaller one but then it would be kinda like a pro controller and ds screen combine.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

Looks a lot better than the original gamepad, that's for sure. The original/current one has always seemed too large and bulky so a 'lite' design controller would be nice.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

Looks a lot better than the original gamepad, that's for sure. The original/current one has always seemed too large and bulky so a 'lite' design controller would be nice.

Eh, it's comfortable and works well. A lite version would be nice if it maintained these things and improved on battery life as well. Otherwise not worth.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

my take is same size screen, smaller frame.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

Not this garbage again. THIS IS TOTAL BS PEOPLE!

The Ad is from May. It's not smaller,it's the exact same Gamepad. Look at the rest of the ad. It's the same size. Just the angle and the blur makes it look slightly off. It's not new.

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

Not this garbage again. THIS IS TOTAL BS PEOPLE!

The Ad is from May. It's not smaller,it's the exact same Gamepad. Look at the rest of the ad. It's the same size. Just the angle and the blur makes it look slightly off. It's not new.

The ad is from may. i remember it being old. Tat is not the same gamepad. look at the size of the guy's hands in comparison. Look at the position of the analog sticks. It's a really easy game of spot the difference. Also you don't have to know that blur doesn't change the size of two things in comparison to each other, and that the perspective you're seeing wouldn't change the gamepad that drastically. Try with a picture of your gamepad if you like. Or even the pic above. Throw it in photoshop and add some blur. mess around with perspective when taking the pic. You will never re-create that.

Edited by WydrA, 14 December 2014 - 09:34 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hold the gamepad on a angle blur it. Looks the same. In the video itself holding earlier it's the same size. Also what a stupid statement to re-create it. Yeah let me get a super high production camera in a studio with studio lighting and special effects.

Oh what we can do is show the same commercial with the same guy holding the same gamepad.

3o9p2ww.jpg

Look at that same size. The IR is in the same place. Anytime there is a redesign to make something smaller they adjust placement of those things. Guess what Stylus in the same place. Yet again in any redesign those are adjusted. They don't give the guy two different things in the ad. That's stupid. Esp not how Nintendo would do it unless they specifically tell you. Nintendo ALWAYS shows a redesign and flat announces it. They won't switch a product mid ad

Nice try Blind Eyes but you're having a total eclipse of your logic.

In a redesign the IR is likely to be moved middle in a smaller pad. Slylus likely moved as well esp to the side making more sense.

So I took a couple quick shots. One blurry to match the blurry video and one clear and can easily see it's the same.

4jpJFvN.jpg

NANsy4q.jpg

Edited by Strider Hiryu, 14 December 2014 - 10:31 PM.

#14 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:02 AM

Regardless of how old the ad may be, the "prop" is not the same as a real Gamepad. It just isn't.

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:12 AM

Guys, get use to this. With Sony and Nintendo working together for a Mario Movie there is going to be a LOT more cross promotion like this. Whether obvious or subtle, using the Vita in a Nintendo Mario Kart 8 commercial is part of this new world we live in.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:31 AM

The PS Vita is finally getting crossplay support?

maybe it was supposed to look like a real f1 wheel, since the theme seems to be stuff what is in imaginations being in the world with pow pow pew.
Daddy felt like an f1 driver, so f1 wheel
http://gamingshogun....ront-image.jpeg

Edited by Nollog, 15 December 2014 - 06:36 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

Hold the gamepad on a angle blur it. Looks the same. In the video itself holding earlier it's the same size. Also what a stupid statement to re-create it. Yeah let me get a super high production camera in a studio with studio lighting and special effects.

Oh what we can do is show the same commercial with the same guy holding the same gamepad.

3o9p2ww.jpg

Look at that same size. The IR is in the same place. Anytime there is a redesign to make something smaller they adjust placement of those things. Guess what Stylus in the same place. Yet again in any redesign those are adjusted. They don't give the guy two different things in the ad. That's stupid. Esp not how Nintendo would do it unless they specifically tell you. Nintendo ALWAYS shows a redesign and flat announces it. They won't switch a product mid ad

Nice try Blind Eyes but you're having a total eclipse of your logic.

In a redesign the IR is likely to be moved middle in a smaller pad. Slylus likely moved as well esp to the side making more sense.

So I took a couple quick shots. One blurry to match the blurry video and one clear and can easily see it's the same.

4jpJFvN.jpg

NANsy4q.jpg

It's possible they would give him two. They might have given him a different on to with screen so they could put in racing on the screen, ince it's very unlikely they actually played the game while filming the ad. Also it could be that the prop looks much more similar from the back.

I find it funny you make fun of the idea of attempting to recreate the photo then doing exactly that. Obviously it doesn't to be exactly the same conditions. You're testing two rally basic things, blur and perspective.

Like you said, in your picture the blur doesn't change a dang thing. Gamepad certainly doesn't suddenly look 1/2 the size, with parts of it randomly growing bigger in comparison.

I have learned how to draw perspective. Under no circumstance does something flat with that perspective get smaller at the top and bottom. Also thing don't get bigger horizontally from that perspective. Seriously, that's beginner stuff. if i ad drawn the gamepad this differently then tried to convince  teacher it was because of perspective she would have the hard question of asking my parents if I'm not good come parent teacher meetings.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

Despite being debunked it looks really cool.

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

lol if someone actually thinks Nintendo puts two products in the same ad knowing how Nintendo works with their ads and just general common sense in these things   then you're going to mention Illuminati. Because that's how stupid this smaller gamepad garbage sounds. BTW how many of you own a Vita because that thing is much to  large to be a Vita. Yeah Nintendo shows a new product once mid ad from a commercial 7 months ago then switches back to the old game pad 1 second later and never shows it again since.Yup sounds reasonable. mmmhmmm

This is just as obtuse as when people thought a tree texture was blood in Shenmue II. It's literally the same fraking thing and it's sadly funny. Also the same thing as the time traveler in that old film when it was a hearing aid.

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

I believe it is a vita, just a new redesigned model. Has to be. :D

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!