• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

I really should be nice to Mourn. He runs a forum and has for a long time, and has the power to ban me.

But I just feel like it's time for a new admin. Mourn has been saying he'll step down for the past year but hasn't. Now the problem with Mourn is that he just seems to stick in the past, of a time of Feld0, and is not in tune with any modern problems. We need an admin that will not only bring back chat, but also appoint enough mods to make sure things stay in check. 60% of all members want the old chat back, and some might even pay for it to be back. When 60% of your community wants something, you should usually budge on it. We want a real chat, not a hard-to-use IRC channel.

Now here's what I suggest. Do away with the whole section mods because it's pretty weird, make the section mods all regular mods, yes even 3Dude if he learns to stop fighting with Waller and WydrA. Make Tom an admin. Keep GameCollector a mod.

Mourn is a good guy and he has feelings, so I shouldn't talk bad about him. But he doesn't always make the best decisions. He does sometimes. But I recall times when he went on a rampage of merging mine and Zinix's threads, his and AMAC's bad ideas about stopping a fight between me and Capu, his statements like "Well if we brought back chat, everyone would get too many warning points" instead of addressing the problem that moderation could sometimes be harsh and random.

Mourn, I'm really sorry if this offends you. But I really have tried to avoid saying anything for years. Since you were a moderator and the first time I talked to you. It's not that I even necessarily want you out of power, it's just that some of your beliefs are so strong, that nothing will change with you calling all the shots.

#2 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:47 PM

POPULAR

Oh man this internet service provider cant unplug you soon enough!

Remember that thread you made (it might be hard to remember seeing as you've made about 45 this past week....) about trolling, and you being a secret troll....yeah this is the perfect example.

Let us all gather here today and bash on Mourn and flamebait and troll and talk about unicorn tongue.

I never once thought I would miss Zinix...but god damn, he wasnt the hero we deserved but he certainly is the hero we need to drown out these unicorn tongue threads.

All things considered; Mourn has done a damn fine job of running this forum, and as much as I hate to say it so has GC. The only way to expedite this forums trip to hell in a hand basket would be to remove them from power.

#3 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:57 PM

Don't be sorry at all.  My only strong beliefs here are that I believe everyone should be able to discuss whatever they want. The issue most members, including you, seem to have is believing how much power I actually have. I do not have the power to do a lot of stuff, nor do I have the ability with the way Feld0 set up the site.

I really should be nice to Mourn. He runs a forum and has for a long time, and has the power to ban me.

Don't.  Criticize me all you want.  If there is a problem, it needs to be discussed. Only children ban users who criticize them.

But I just feel like it's time for a new admin. Mourn has been saying he'll step down for the past year but hasn't. Now the problem with Mourn is that he just seems to stick in the past, of a time of Feld0, and is not in tune with any modern problems. We need an admin that will not only bring back chat, but also appoint enough mods to make sure things stay in check. 60% of all members want the old chat back, and some might even pay for it to be back. When 60% of your community wants something, you should usually budge on it. We want a real chat, not a hard-to-use IRC channel.

When I brought up the idea of section mods, it was from an old forum I used to go to.  The concept worked there, but they also had more power over there. No one besides one or two users have brought up issues with the idea. If there are enough users who have issue with the section mod idea, make a discussion about it.

As for chat, I have already explained time and time again that it was Feld0's decision. I was sick and tired of being the only mod who cared about the chat at the time and either needed a break or just didn't want to deal with chat at the time. Feld0 removed the chat because the license expired and he didn't want to pay for a service he had issues with. I cannot convince Feld0 to implament chat again. Users have messaged Feld0 about the chat, but he has the firm stance on chat.

I came up with the idea to create an irc because I got back into ircs again. Ircs are simple, if anyone had paid attention to Nollog's posts, they would have access to an irc page and the chat instantly. Ircs are some of the most simple chat services around. Don't confuse the issue here, users didn't really want a chat, otherwise they would have stuck with the chat alternatives suggested and etc. Some users did move to another chat service and still use it today.

The "official" skype group users created fell apart because of mismanagement and who was put in charge.

Now here's what I suggest. Do away with the whole section mods because it's pretty weird, make the section mods all regular mods, yes even 3Dude if he learns to stop fighting with Waller and WydrA. Make Tom an admin. Keep GameCollector a mod.

I have been planning on promoting a new mod or two, the issue is that both GC and I are very busy nowadays.  Me with college, trying to bring up my GPA, and trying to be a timing intern for a sub group.  GC with his new job. I admit fault for not appointing news mods.

As for stepping down, I see that happening sometime in the future, but I have not talked with anyone who I'd feel would make a good replacement just yet. I really want to step down, but I don't want the site to die the instant I do.

Mourn is a good guy and he has feelings, so I shouldn't talk bad about him. But he doesn't always make the best decisions. He does sometimes. But I recall times when he went on a rampage of merging mine and Zinix's threads, his and AMAC's bad ideas about stopping a fight between me and Capu, his statements like "Well if we brought back chat, everyone would get too many warning points" instead of addressing the problem that moderation could sometimes be harsh and random.

The issue here is an issue of conflicts where your and zinix's posts were likely the same and needed to be merged. Most of this stuff is in the past and has no real relevence to today. People grow and learn from their past expierences. If my younger self had done something wrong in the past that I cannot change, am I still accountable for it today?

The entire capu thing is something I handled poorly. In all honesty, I was too naive and friendly at the time. If I had known better, I probably should have banned him, you, and other members at that time.

As for the chat, read above and the thread detailing why chat was removed.

Mourn, I'm really sorry if this offends you. But I really have tried to avoid saying anything for years. Since you were a moderator and the first time I talked to you. It's not that I even necessarily want you out of power, it's just that some of your beliefs are so strong, that nothing will change with you calling all the shots.

I'm not someone easily offended or I wouldn't have even been an admin. You really don't know me well at all if you think this way about me. Or you haven't really bothered to really talk to me.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:13 PM

Mourn has been pretty fair and done a good job IMO esp considering he has one hand tied behind his back. I do think it's time for a couple new mods but who..I don't have a clue.

Edited by Ryudo, 04 November 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:26 PM

So it sounds like I was wrong about a few things.

Oh man this internet service provider cant unplug you soon enough!

Remember that thread you made (it might be hard to remember seeing as you've made about 45 this past week....) about trolling, and you being a secret troll....yeah this is the perfect example.

Let us all gather here today and bash on Mourn and flamebait and troll and talk about unicorn tongue.

I never once thought I would miss Zinix...but god damn, he wasnt the hero we deserved but he certainly is the hero we need to drown out these unicorn tongue threads.

All things considered; Mourn has done a damn fine job of running this forum, and as much as I hate to say it so has GC. The only way to expedite this forums trip to hell in a hand basket would be to remove them from power.

Either you are being harsh, or sarcastic. Either way, I was half-joking about being a troll, I am not trying to troll now, and uh... Calm down.

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

Uh, I really was harsh on Mournblade in another thread. I was just venting about the forums. It turns out most of my issues weren't really Mourn's fault after all.

I also seem to have ruffled a few feathers with my Saturn thread, because I brought up old drama. But if you were dragged into Saturn's problems as much as I was, you would be curious about things as well. There's nothing I could have done about his problems anyway.

The way I see it is, what's in the past, is never really in the past. Take murder for instance. If someone kills someone else, "it's in the past" isn't going to hold up. The past is often still relevant.

Lastly, I have been making a lot of threads lately, and I'm sorry if you're like Mitch and don't like them. I really don't see how Zinix's news articles that Mitch mentioned are much better though, but I digress.

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

ehh Murder can't be compared to a web forum arguments.

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:23 PM

tumblr_m5lor40H5U1roruow.gif

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:23 AM

you should be the new admin, you're a great user with quality threads!

#10 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

you should be the new admin, you're a great user with quality threads!

Git.

Also, before people respond to this thread, they should read this: http://thewiiu.com/t...urn-and-others/

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:04 AM

If anyone thinks the forums are bad here (not sure why anything would think so) ... but if you do.... check out how bad this forum is: http://goo.gl/xyxfaV

tumblr_m5lor40H5U1roruow.gif

Wow she has clothes on here.

Edited by Sorceror12, 05 November 2014 - 09:01 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:04 AM

If anyone thinks the forums are bad here (not sure why anything would think so) ... but if you do.... check out how bad this forum is: http://goo.gl/xyxfaV

The forums aren't bad. They just aren't as great as if Feld0 were here to address our problems and keep Mourn out of my unnecessary crossfire.

#13 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:34 AM

These are fun to read. 

Btw, there's this thing called PMs that could avoid a lot of embarrassment next time.

I don't even...

#14 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

These are fun to read. 

Btw, there's this thing called PMs that could avoid a lot of embarrassment next time.

I will find a way to embarrass myself whether or not I use PMs.

#15 triforceguy1

triforceguy1

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    FURRIES, Zelda, Mario, Nintendo etc.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

I know I haven't been active here for long, but personally I do find some things do take a while to get sorted spam wise, but like Mourn says people get busy so it can be difficult which is fair enough.

I do however think you are all in a unfair predicament (both staff and members) for having this site just dumped by the founder without the proper transfer of powers, has anyone ever been able to get into contact with Feld0 at all recently?

If anything I have said is incorrect please tell me... like I said, only been active here for a short while so I probably don't quite know the entire story :)

cropped-cropped-NintyBuzzSmallLogoc2.png

#16 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

@triforceguy - I could be wrong, but I think Mourn talks to Feld0 when he can. However, Feld0 hasn't given Mourn, or anyone, ownership power. Admin powers are just watered down owner powers.

Edited by Porhorse, 05 November 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#17 triforceguy1

triforceguy1

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    FURRIES, Zelda, Mario, Nintendo etc.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:57 AM

@triforceguy - I could be wrong, but I think Mourn talks to Feld0 when he can. However, Feld0 hasn't given Mourn, or anyone, ownership power. Admin powers are just watered down owner powers.

That's pretty crappy, I remember him from 3DS Buzz and thought he was generally a nice guy... turns out I was just a tad wrong

BTW, calle me Leon :)

cropped-cropped-NintyBuzzSmallLogoc2.png

#18 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

Yes, I should be the new admin. Mourn get to it. 

#19 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

Honestly, finding someone who has enough time to moderate this forum is the biggest problem. I have talked to Mourn several times about making me mod, but now I have become increasingly more busy with outside life and college in general. It's easy to appoint a mod. But appointing a good mod is an entirely different story. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#20 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

Honestly, finding someone who has enough time to moderate this forum is the biggest problem. I have talked to Mourn several times about making me mod, but now I have become increasingly more busy with outside life and college in general. It's easy to appoint a mod. But appointing a good mod is an entirely different story. 

I no longer stand by anything that I said, but the way I see it, someone you think will destroy the forum, could potentially make a good mod, while the most tame of members could break and go on a string of crazy power abuse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!