• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Dulcenia

Dulcenia

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

Got this today, so far live it, very cute! And i love puzzle games.

One thing that annoys me is how the world moves when you move the game pad. Is there a way to turn that off?

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

don't believe so. 

this thread made me think about what nintendo is doing to implement amiibo in this game. hmmm.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

The gamepad moving making the world move doesn't bother me very much since I'm usually very still while playing video games, but I think Nintendo should include that in a patch. I'm also very curious about the way they will integrate Amiibo

#4 Dulcenia

Dulcenia

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

Had not thought about the Ambiios in the game

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

Haven't gotten to play this yet.
I hope to get it for Christmas but if not I'll buy it after.
But it sounds like it uses the motion controls to view around the world.
I bet nintendo will make a patch to map it to buttons. I just think it might take a while. Nintendo is pretty slow at things like this.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

Question for those that have it. I have not seen any of the cutsceens yet... am I doing something wrong? When you flip the book to the page that looks like it would be a cutscene there is nothing? Am I not far enough into the game? I think I am on puzzle 5.

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

Question for those that have it. I have not seen any of the cutsceens yet... am I doing something wrong? When you flip the book to the page that looks like it would be a cutscene there is nothing? Am I not far enough into the game? I think I am on puzzle 5.

From what I've seen only a few pages are cutscenes. And when you finish a book the initial cutscene gets moved to the special book.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

I rest the gamepad on my lap, so the movement has been an issue. One thing that does get to me though is the zoom. IMO "zoomed out" is too far and "zoomed in" is too close. I'd like to have more fine-tuned control over the level of zoom. 

All in all, great game! Best $40 I've spent in a while. My wife likes it, too. 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#9 Dulcenia

Dulcenia

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

I see what you mean about the zoom. Hopefully Nintendo will fix that and the auto movement
BTY I love this game! I am keeping my WiiU hidden from the grandkids until Santa brings them theirs so I have not played a bunch yet. But it is so cute and fun!

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:23 AM

Anyone in the UK got this yet. I'm actually quite baffled. The official release date seems to be January 2nd here and is the date all other online retail sites seem to have. However I preordered from ShopTo online and I got an email a few days ago that I had been charged for it and they don't charge you until dispatch. Then yesterday I got an email to say it had been dispatched and it arrived today. Even stranger their web site says it will be released in four days. Not that I'm complaining but based on the actual release date everyone else has I've got it two weeks earlier then I should have.

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:31 AM

Well got it for Christmas.
My girl made me buy :( said it was the family gift. She knows she could of brought it for me lol....
Either way in 5 days I'll be playing it.
xile06 "N" ID

#12 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

Anyone in the UK got this yet. I'm actually quite baffled. The official release date seems to be January 2nd here and is the date all other online retail sites seem to have. However I preordered from ShopTo online and I got an email a few days ago that I had been charged for it and they don't charge you until dispatch. Then yesterday I got an email to say it had been dispatched and it arrived today. Even stranger their web site says it will be released in four days. Not that I'm complaining but based on the actual release date everyone else has I've got it two weeks earlier then I should have.

Must be an error on their end. It happens surprisingly often, to the point that whenever you preorder something online there's a 50-50 chance it will arrive early.

Is it working fine? Did you get to access the CT Miiverse?

Edited by grahamf, 20 December 2014 - 08:42 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#13 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

So yeah, let's talk about Captain Toad. Is he... Toad? Like SMB2 or SM3DW Toad? Are they even the same Toad?

I want answers!

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

Must be an error on their end. It happens surprisingly often, to the point that whenever you preorder something online there's a 50-50 chance it will arrive early.

Is it working fine? Did you get to access the CT Miiverse?

I've actually not tried it yet as I've been busy today. I'll probably give it a go tomorrow. It's the first time I've got a game this early before actual release. ShopTo obviously must have made a mistake.

#15 montytom

montytom

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • NNID:Montego
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Uncharted,Mario

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

I got it from argos yesterday. Only copy they had in aswell

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

does toad have profile saves?

I remember on of the mario's just had 3 saves for the system, vs logging into your account and having your own 3 saves.

so how does toad work?

xile06 "N" ID

#17 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

does toad have profile saves?
I remember on of the mario's just had 3 saves for the system, vs logging into your account and having your own 3 saves.
so how does toad work?

From what I played so far, there is only one profile save.

#18 Dulcenia

Dulcenia

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

So yeah, let's talk about Captain Toad. Is he... Toad? Like SMB2 or SM3DW Toad? Are they even the same Toad?

I want answers!

Yep hes the toad from the mario games

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:30 PM

From what I played so far, there is only one profile save.

Yep. only one per account.

#20 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:05 AM

Yep hes the toad from the mario games

But if he is, is he the same Toad from one Mario game to another? It's somewhat confusing because in the original SMB2 and SM3DW Toad has Blue spots on him but in SMB2 remakes as well as SMB3 he has red spots and then so on, Mario Kart, Party, etc. It seems Nintendo wanted to change Toad's spots to red after the original SMB2 but in SM3DW he is back to blue (Not to mention there is a blue-spotted seemingly generic Toad in Super Mario Bros. Wii/U who might be that same Toad?).

EDIT: Wait! I'm just remembering his spots were red in the original SMB... So maybe he just very simply and ordinarily changes hats?

Edited by Atticus, 22 December 2014 - 06:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!