NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

http://wiiudaily.com...lers-1985-2012/

"Nintendo has released a lot of home consoles since the beginning in 1985 with the NES. A new animated GIF from Gadget Love shows the evolution of the controllers throughout the years, starting with the simple two-button NES controller in 1985, all the way to the Wii U GamePad in 2012.

It’s always interesting to see just how technology progresses and how complex game controllers have gotten. What the images don’t show are the various internal features: the motion controllers, accelerometers, gyroscopes, and vibration motors.

There are animated GIFs of the evolution of the PlayStation and Xbox controllers as well, which you can find below. Pay attention to the evolution of the Nintendo controllers and those of the competition"

evolution-of-nintendo-controller.gif?f31

xbox-controller-evo.gif?f319f9

ps-controller-evo.gif?f319f9

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

I loled so hard at the fanboyism in that article. xD
"it’s pretty clear which company is the most innovative when it comes to controller designs." My sides.

Cool gifs though.

Edited by SteventheSlayer, 21 December 2014 - 05:31 PM.

I don't even...

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

I loled so hard at the fanboyism in that article. xD
"it’s pretty clear which company is the most innovative when it comes to controller designs." My sides.

Cool gifs though.

Yeah, Wii U Daily lol.

I am adding the other gifs to the OP.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

I didn't know there were more than 3 for xbox and more than 4 for playstation O.o

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

I remember little kids not being able to hold the first Xbox controller lol.

And yes nintendo has had a lot of changes but they all work out pretty good.

The Playstation has stay pretty much the same and there is nothing wrong with that. They didn't have a need for to much change and to tell the truth the ds4 is a great controller.
The best controller for Big N imo is the gamepad. Or the nes for its simpleness.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

The problem with the NES controller, as much as I love it, is the low amount of buttons.

I still love the 64 controller, and the 360 controller was probably the best for PC gaming. Can't stand the PS controllers past the first one though.

Edited by SteventheSlayer, 21 December 2014 - 11:08 PM.

I don't even...

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but i don't see how saying that Nintendo's controllers are more innovative is fanboyism. I mean there's clearly a lot more change from controller to controller and overall. That's a fact :/

Also, funnily enough, the Playstation gif is the only one where I've used all the controllers. Though i guess that makes sense when there are only 4 compared to however many nintendo has..

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

Looking at all those Nintendo designs was pretty neat, my favorite is still the 64 controllers, because childhood.

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

Nintendo gave us the D pad and shoulder buttons. That's revolutionary. Analog stick was around before but Nintendo first used it well at the right time and so Sony copied and evolved the idea. Yoshi PS1 originally didn't have analog until Nintendo brought out N64 and SEGA copied as well with the NiGHTS 3D controller that shipped with NiGHTS. GCN controller may have done the least to move controller design forward. The satilite buttons was cool idea never took off. Wii remote well that got wii to sell 100 million systems and MS followed up with Kinect and Sony with Move.

Gamepad is a fantastic idea that works well and Sony has copied. Nintendo just in fact the most innovative in controllers. MS has done nothing as Xbox controllers were based on Dreamcast controllers (no I mean that literally from when they were devloping OX) and DC controllers were a sleeker Saturn 3D controller. SEGA I love them and they made some great controllers and they in many ways innovated gaming but for controllers they were like Sony. Copy and paste.

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:03 AM

You don't need gifs to show the fact MS and Sony have been pretty lazy with their controller re-designs. At least one company out there is trying new things each gen.

#11 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:07 AM

i like all of the Nintendo controllers  

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#12 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:26 AM

You don't need gifs to show the fact MS and Sony have been pretty lazy with their controller re-designs. At least one company out there is trying new things each gen.

Well Sony was going to use that "boomerang" design for PS3 but everyone hated it or something I don't know the details.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:45 AM

Yeah Sony almost had a different controller for PS1 and PS3. PS1 looks like an upside down SNES pad.

Boomerang looked awkward to hold.

YPTAfHC.png

MsM7lSG.jpg

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:25 PM

Yeah Sony almost had a different controller for PS1 and PS3. PS1 looks like an upside down SNES pad.

Boomerang looked awkward to hold.

YPTAfHC.png

MsM7lSG.jpg

What the heck? What sort of freakish mutated hands did their testers have?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!