• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:38 AM

I know the title sounds strange... but all companies like cd-projekt, etc advertising theirs for voting, nobody does for wii U zelda upcoming game.

So Gamespot the gaming website is running a voting competition, for the most anticipated game and the winners will get the winning tittle.

I think it goes something like that... http://www.gamespot....5/1100-6424304/

so if zelda wii U wins, the winners will get a free copy of zelda wii U, etc...  Right now zelda is 5% and The Witcher 3 is 49%!!  CD-Projekt advertise it allot :)

Edited by Plutonas, 23 December 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#2 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

Jesus...i don't even get where all this witcher hype is coming from when you heard almost NOTHING about the first two.

bb0.gif

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:29 PM

Something about this seems fishy

#4 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

Something about this seems fishy

Then close your legs.

OOOOOOOOOOOO

bb0.gif

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:54 PM

lol I havent read the rulles of it, I just saw it on facebook, cd-projekt promotion and gamespot, so I voted zelda wii U and I transfer it here as well, for those who wish to vote :)

You win something, but I never win, so I never read their rules... :)

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

Can we vote for cranky kong instead?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

Jesus...i don't even get where all this witcher hype is coming from when you heard almost NOTHING about the first two.

Thats because the old publisher was Atari. The new publisher, WB games, has taken on a full force 'modern gamz marketing' stance and are putting more money into marketing than they allotted cd prijekt for development.

The previous 2 games were pretty good. The first was trail blazing big open world, and was pretty ahead of its time. The second was... Good, but exactly what had been flooding the market during the ps360 open world era. It didnt really go anywhere but better graphics.... And since dragons dogma came out and showed you can have open world games with amizaballs monster hunter (light) gameplay, its mechanics are pretty dated.

The third one is absolutely gorgeous (Even after the downgrade everyone should have seen coming, seriously its still pretty damn good looking) but... it still pretty much plays exactly like its predecessors, with very few, rather unwelcome changes, like qte's and lamo context sensitive actions and attacks. Its... SHallow and pathetic mechanically. I could see through the games trnsparently mechanical workings instantly. Such creature ai, mechanic, and encounter design is a travesty to the spectacular work of the artists who created the creature.

Then they had the audacity to compare it to monster hunter/dragons dogma, except 'It looks good' with their crap 90's pathetic gameplay design and ai. That griffin fight was seriously, absolutely, horrible. Completely wretched and horrible, and boring, in a world where monster hunter or dragons dogma exist. Which unfortunately means, that since capcom is very obviously NEVER going to make another dragons dogma, and this isnt going to be remotely close, I am left with bumpkiss, and get to watch as a mediocre game that never evolved is overhyped by pr mouthpeices, who will make sure to go out of their way to crap on far superior playing games, and watch as the sheeple swallow the crossing pr streams with gaping mouths. JOY.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

First 2 games are pretty darn good. CD Projekt unlike a lot of western devs is very careful and put a lot of effort in.  Games are based on books I believe and the 3rd game is the final in the series per developers choice as they don't want to be making games without reason in the series. So mad respect for that.

Also lets them work on Cyberpunk.

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

I voted for Evolve. I keep switching between Evolve and Batman: Arkham Knight for my most anticipated titles of 2015, with Dragon Ball Xenoverse coming in close third. I haven't seen enough of Star Wars Battlefront but I am excited for it, shame it's going to be on Origin though.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

First 2 games are pretty darn good. CD Projekt unlike a lot of western devs is very careful and put a lot of effort in.  Games are based on books I believe and the 3rd game is the final in the series per developers choice as they don't want to be making games without reason in the series. So mad respect for that.

Also lets them work on Cyberpunk.

They are damn good.

I feel kind of bad for how harsh I have been on the Witcher 3, in that I dont think ive made it explicit enough I am convinced these shortcomings that are bothering me so are the direct results of the interference of the publisher, making sure the game conforms to 'the list', and not aimed at Cd-projekt (One of the unspoken reasons I think they are so keen to put an end to the franchise now, its no longer REALLY in their control anymore).

That, combined with this being the last, is why I am so dissapointed in what ive seen (Not talking about the downgrade, the game is still gorgeous). Somehow, whenever people like cd projekt end up getting a modern publisher, things that should be pure gold end up guilded instead....

*Looks at what Activision did to bungie*  

The art staff is still completely aces though. What a gorgeous looking world. I just don't like the game design direction, their self comparison to monster hunter/dragons dogma hyped, and then devastated me. I feel like I can literally see the scene: the suit is being shown this amazing beasty hunt and fight gameplay footage, and then saying 'No, the dum dums need to be able to play this. Make it like the rest of the aaaaaaaaaa games.' And then... the griffon hunt demo....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher

25 bucks for both games DRM free.

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher

25 bucks for both games DRM free.

Good old Games is so freaking awesome.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

I love this quote: 

And the recent The Game Awards presentation unveiled a breathtaking open world that makes the possible scope of the game's world looks expansive and more comparable to Western RPGs like Elder Scrolls.

As if "western RPGs" invented an expansive open world, and not the original Legend of Zelda. Zelda U is just drawing from its roots and leveraging modern hardware. 

Edited by Kokirii, 23 December 2014 - 05:10 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

I love this quote: 

As if "western RPGs" invented an expansive open world, and not the original Legend of Zelda.

They did. Ultima in 1981

Then in 1984 Falcom created the first JRPG in Dragon Slayer and was not turn based but  a lot like Ultima.

Edited by Strider Hiryu, 23 December 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#15 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:12 PM

They did. Ultima in 1981

Then in 1984 Falcom created the first JRPG in Dragon Slayer.

Fair enough. The quote is still making it sound like this isn't something that LoZ has a history of and that open worlds were invented by Bethesda

Also, I wouldn't call this Link's attire "very different." It looks to me like the Outset Island attire from Wind Waker without the lobster pattern on the front. 

Edited by Kokirii, 23 December 2014 - 05:14 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#16 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

Then close your legs.

OOOOOOOOOOOO

Why would I have a fish ebetween my legs?????

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:09 PM

Why would I have a fish ebetween my legs?????

It happens more often than you think, at least to a certain segment of the population.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:15 PM

It happens more often than you think, at least to a certain segment of the population.

My last place which was a pitstop from my old apartment to this one was one room places and a lot of poor people and this one lady was a hoarder and her room full of bugs. Anytime she walked past us talking in the commons room it smelled like weeks old tuna from down there just by walking past you. We called her Tuna Lady.

Not even joking. Wanted to puke everytime.  Thank god I only had to live there a month before getting into the great place I have now.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

Fair enough. The quote is still making it sound like this isn't something that LoZ has a history of and that open worlds were invented by Bethesda

Also, I wouldn't call this Link's attire "very different." It looks to me like the Outset Island attire from Wind Waker without the lobster pattern on the front.

I feel you bro. Altough Ryudo is on the money, Dragon slayer, dragon quest and final fantasy were directly inspired by, and homages to Ultima.

The design formula synonymous with the 'jrpg' is actually western crpg's of the ultima eras style.

Although, I SERIOUSLY doubt this gamz girnoliz is remotely aware of that, nor of the fact that zelda, is an adventure game and not an rpg, nor of the fact the series used to be open world.

And yeah, the clothing design does look very reminescent to links starting clothes in windwaker, which is probably because nintendo is once again paying homage to

naus2-300x225.jpg

PM_Arainbowaka_3.jpg

Studio Ghibli.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

No Xenoblade?