• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:48 AM

This thread is for talking about Vita games and deals, offering tips, etc. If you complain about the Vita, keep it constructive. I traded my Wii U and 2DS for a Vita - if you wish to complain about this, do so in my other Vita thread. But let's keep this thread constructive and good conversation.

Okay so right now, I believe it's still on, Gamestop is having Freedom Wars for $14.99. They are also having Batman Beyond Gotham 3 Vita for $19.99, not sure if that's a good deal but it sounds good.

So which is a better shooter, Uncharted or Killzone Mercenary? I realize Uncharted isn't a shooter but I assumed it had some gunplay.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:20 PM

People its a general gaming board... Lighten up.

For the gunplay, I would definately say Killzone.

After all the dissapointing half arsed vita fps cash ins, Killzone stands tall as THE fps game to own on the system.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

I had the vita a while ago and enjoyed a few PSP games from the store as they looked much better in higher res. Some took advantage of second stick too.

I assume you can still download PSP games from the store? If so thats a large back catalogue you have access to as well.

Noticed you have quite a few games already in your other thread so give some reviews/impressions or something.

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 29 December 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#4 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

I kind of want to get a vita possibly, would be a good way to get experience the ps1/ps2 that you can buy on the shop. But I don't really like the build oddly enough since its so famed over, its thin and it a bad way, and I don't see how you play well holding it, especially those joysticks. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

I picked up Freedom Wars from Gamestop, for $14.99, bringing me up to 10 Vita games.

Noticed you have quite a few games already in your other thread so give some reviews/impressions or something.

The game which really stands out for me right now is Final Fantasy X Remastered. It was one of the last good Final Fantasy games in my opinion, only borderlining on the bad. And it's actually better than I remember.

MLB 14 has fantastic gameplay but slightly questionable graphics.

Playstation Battle Royale is a good game, but only worth the $20 I think they charge now. It plays like Smash.

I'll go on more later, I think.

#6 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

I kind of want to get a vita possibly, would be a good way to get experience the ps1/ps2 that you can buy on the shop. But I don't really like the build oddly enough since its so famed over, its thin and it a bad way, and I don't see how you play well holding it, especially those joysticks.

I imported the PDP grip from Japan which made the vita really comfortable.

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:23 PM

3 whole people in the sub? Didn't know the forum hosted all the vita owners on earth...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

3 whole people in the sub? Didn't know the forum hosted all the vita owners on earth...

Funny.

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

Someone had to say it :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

I don't get why you take me saying an obvious statement(Sony has screwed the Vita 5 Ways to sunday) as me hating on it and not being positive. I love my Vita, I love the games I've played on it. However, Sony screwed up by in no order

• Not Securing Monster Hunter after it saved the PSP in Japan.
  • Those FRICKING MEM CARDS
  • Being unable to get any of their actual big studios MINUS GG, Liverpool, and MM to actually work on a Vita game. Where was my Naughty Dog, my Sucker Punch, my Insominiac, my Sony Santa Monica? Sony couldn't get the game studios that it owned that most people care about to make a game for it.
  • Pulling a Nintendo and trying to use third parties to keep the system afloat. As I said in the other thread, Sony has released 3 games of note this year for the Vita: Soul Snackrifice Delta, Borderlands 2, and Freedom Wars. One was digital only, one was a port that no one asked for(And last I heard still ran like crap) and the other was a Monster Hunter Style game. The third party argument is stupid, because it's been shown time and time again that you can not rely on third parties to help out systems unless they are paid. The Western Third Parties have left it high and dry, and while it has a niche in Japan, the platform still is missing Big Japanese System sellers like Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, etc.
  • Limiting the PSV's app store. They had a bug and opened the floodgates a few months ago, and everyone was rejoicing, but they closed it. Why would you deliberately deny access to games that WORK on your system in an attempt to trickle out content when your system is starving?
  • SCEA has completely given up on the Vita. At the event where Sony had the world watching, the biggest Vita Announcement was Suikoden, a PS1 game, is coming to the Vita. This would be like if Nintendo got up during Spaceworld all those years ago and their big news was that you would be able to play Super Mario Brothers on the GBA. Yes, it's still a good game, but for pete's sake it's borderline Moronic to treat a port as great news.

Again, I love my Vita. It allows me to replay the PS1 Games I enjoyed, I get to try the remake of Tactics, I get to do a lot of cool stuff with it. However, Sony has screwed the Vita so much so with their own ineptitide that it's hard to recommend buying a system that Sony has seemingly given up on.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

I love my Vita. Hate the memory card thing. Glad I have Model 1 with that OLED baby.

Falcom and Xseed love Sony and it's great last year got Ys Memories of Celceta which is finally a cannon remake of IV. 2015 we get another Ys game on both Vita and PS4. I'm actually glad Falcom is not on 3DS and Wii U. 3DS screen not good enough for how good these games are. The other reason is every Falcom game on Nintendo systems somehow ends up as the worst version dating as far back as Faxanadu on NES. Xanadu better on everything else and Ys on Famicom weakest version and Ys on DS one of the weaker versions. On Sony games been at their best.

Gravity Rush is great. For both PS3 and Vita I have Dragon's Crown the true spiritual successor to Dungeons & Dragons in the arcades. Vita has some great indies and love the Vita for some Turbo16 games and PS1. Vita still has 3DS beat a long mile with it's PSN compared to Eshop. I do find it funny Nintendo fans mocking Vita for low sales when Wii U has sold even less and both been out 2 years. I love them both.

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

I don't get why you take me saying an obvious statement(Sony has screwed the Vita 5 Ways to sunday) as me hating on it and not being positive. I love my Vita, I love the games I've played on it. However, Sony screwed up by in no order

• Not Securing Monster Hunter after it saved the PSP in Japan.
  • Those FRICKING MEM CARDS
  • Being unable to get any of their actual big studios MINUS GG, Liverpool, and MM to actually work on a Vita game. Where was my Naughty Dog, my Sucker Punch, my Insominiac, my Sony Santa Monica? Sony couldn't get the game studios that it owned that most people care about to make a game for it.
  • Pulling a Nintendo and trying to use third parties to keep the system afloat. As I said in the other thread, Sony has released 3 games of note this year for the Vita: Soul Snackrifice Delta, Borderlands 2, and Freedom Wars. One was digital only, one was a port that no one asked for(And last I heard still ran like crap) and the other was a Monster Hunter Style game. The third party argument is stupid, because it's been shown time and time again that you can not rely on third parties to help out systems unless they are paid. The Western Third Parties have left it high and dry, and while it has a niche in Japan, the platform still is missing Big Japanese System sellers like Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, etc.
  • Limiting the PSV's app store. They had a bug and opened the floodgates a few months ago, and everyone was rejoicing, but they closed it. Why would you deliberately deny access to games that WORK on your system in an attempt to trickle out content when your system is starving?
  • SCEA has completely given up on the Vita. At the event where Sony had the world watching, the biggest Vita Announcement was Suikoden, a PS1 game, is coming to the Vita. This would be like if Nintendo got up during Spaceworld all those years ago and their big news was that you would be able to play Super Mario Brothers on the GBA. Yes, it's still a good game, but for pete's sake it's borderline Moronic to treat a port as great news.

Again, I love my Vita. It allows me to replay the PS1 Games I enjoyed, I get to try the remake of Tactics, I get to do a lot of cool stuff with it. However, Sony has screwed the Vita so much so with their own ineptitide that it's hard to recommend buying a system that Sony has seemingly given up on.

All good points. When you called me stupid for getting a Vita, I felt I had to argue them, to say that I wasn't so stupid. However just presenting them and not shoving them on people, there's really nothing wrong with ANY of your points.

I'll let my thinking you dislike Vita go.

So I kind of see where the Vita is dead. But in 3 years, they will probably have a new one. There's not really much you can do at this point, except pull a really good game out near the end of the Vita's lifecycle.

I think part of the problem is that competition isn't feirce enough. You can almost say that it and the 3DS are so completely different, they almost don't compete. But it might be a different story with that Nintendo Fusion?

Actually... I've got nothing.

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:26 PM

Pretty sure Vita was the last Sony Handheld we ever see. After this likely just PSnow or something like a PS service in Xperia phones replace it.

#14 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

All good points. When you called me stupid for getting a Vita, I felt I had to argue them, to say that I wasn't so stupid. However just presenting them and not shoving them on people, there's really nothing wrong with ANY of your points.

I'll let my thinking you dislike Vita go.

So I kind of see where the Vita is dead. But in 3 years, they will probably have a new one. There's not really much you can do at this point, except pull a really good game out near the end of the Vita's lifecycle.

I think part of the problem is that competition isn't feirce enough. You can almost say that it and the 3DS are so completely different, they almost don't compete. But it might be a different story with that Nintendo Fusion?

Actually... I've got nothing.

I said I didn't get why you traded two system with games on it, full access to it's previous system's library minus a handful,etc for a system that the console manufacturer seems to have given up on, I mean, I'd get buying the Vita/Trading the 2DS and games for it, but the Wii U as well is just too much. It's selling $400 worth of kit(Without games or anything) for something that's $200 worth of kit. Just confused me.

I do agree the GR is a fantastic game for the system, I just wish Sony would hurry up and just say that the next one is PS4 only.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#15 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:01 AM

You could say Sony were too focused on the last stages of PS4, securing developers etc than caring for the vita where Nintendo were the opposite. Releasing Wii U and for a year or so still focused on 3ds.

#16 DizzyT

DizzyT

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • NNID:DizzyT

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

So... I´ve been thinking about buying a Vita for a very long time now..

I have ps1-4 and psp but the Vita has never really caught my attention, mostly because of the games.

Can any of you give me a reason to finally buy it? Is it worth a buy?

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:30 PM

So... I´ve been thinking about buying a Vita for a very long time now..
I have ps1-4 and psp but the Vita has never really caught my attention, mostly because of the games.
Can any of you give me a reason to finally buy it? Is it worth a buy?

I'd say it is. But my reasons might make most people turn their nose up...

I would buy it because of the improved graphics and the nice quality screen. The screen looks nicer than that of the 2DS and even my 42" HD TV, and I'm using the LCD Slim Vita, which is said to have a worse quality screen than the OLED.

There's another reason too. Games are cheap. Cheaper than the 3DS in general even. Your average Vita game costs $25-$30.

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

iijVGXH6qgDu8.jpg

Pretty clear difference. Glad I have dat OLED.

#19 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

I'm not. Although the OLED looks better in general, many screens with OLED suffer from dark blotching on black backgrounds and the like. My old one did, which is one of the reasons I got rid of it.
2mmxmxu.jpg

What's typical.

Edited by AllMyFriendsAreGhosts, 30 December 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

Mine doesn't do that.

Wierd.

cAa8lco.jpg

yr4gr2u.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users