• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

I bought an item from a new EBay seller and sent payment. The payment didn't go through because he didn't have his Paypal account properly set up. I cancelled the transaction because a million things could happen to my money in limbo while he tries to fix his account. I might have even sent the money to another person with another email! Now he is mad because I cancelled. But he needs to fix his account. But I'm not going to tell him that him not fixing his account is the problem and I won't resend until he assures me he has fixed it, because he won't believe me and will continually blame me, and act like my cancelling is the problem when I'm simply not going to send money to a broken account to someone I don't know, with no protection to me. About all I can do at this point is ignore his emails and if he reports me to EBay, fight it and win.
And oops, posted in wrong board.

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

I haven't had too much problems with eBay, but then I only use eBay for $1-10 items with free shipping from China.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

I haven't had too much problems with eBay, but then I only use eBay for $1-10 items with free shipping from China.

The new sellers are typically the ones you watch out for.

I've had bad experiences with established sellers, but not as often.

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

contact ebay and let them know.

I dislike new sellers they arent with the program and cause problems.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

I never buy from new sellers. Only ones with a 99% or above feedback and I check how may negatives they had within a month and read each one. If they have like 10 negatives in a month I don't buy. under 5 I will consider it but depends on what the negatives say. This way I pretty much don't have problems.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

Ebay is not as good as it was say 5 or 10 years ago. I think it holds true for sellers and buyers. Meg Whitman did a good job with the company but it's been a crap shoot for many years. Many features and the way transactions/feedback is handled is ok at best. 

I still use it time to time but mainly avoid it. And this is coming from someone who is a powerseller since 2005.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

I still use it time to time but mainly avoid it. And this is coming from someone who is a powerseller since 2005.

I'm also a power seller! 

As for this thread, I think eBay is generally stacked more in favor of the buyers. 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

10 years ago was much easier to get scammed esp by bogus paypal sites.

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

yea i only buy from legit stores

#10 triforceguy1

triforceguy1

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    FURRIES, Zelda, Mario, Nintendo etc.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:18 AM

I'm still annoyed that I receive fees from eBay and fees from PayPal (even though I request credit/debit card haha) but I guess it is how they earn my hard earned cash lol

I'm pretty good when it comes to selling and I'm rather new :3

cropped-cropped-NintyBuzzSmallLogoc2.png

#11 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

It's important to remember that it's a tiny tiny percentage that cause problems. They just stick out more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!