• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

And yet I still get a major Phantasy Star vibe from it. Doesn't help when the situation is the exact same. NES and SNES haad the FF series. Sega needed and answer. SMS created Phantasy Star. Wii needed a big RPG we got a sci fi RPG Xenoblade. Wii U needs a big RPG so they create a succeesor to Xenoblade on Wii U XCX and many things in the game are so very PS and gear and Saga and blade.

Like the best of both worlds.

#22 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

After looking at a new Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer, Monolith Soft have taken JRPG into a whole new level.  A new world of exploration, exotic destinations, and (of course) using a mobile suit doll in action.  Hope to see more of the gameplay on screen and using the interactive map on the Game Pad.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#23 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:15 PM

Best trailer since the reveal, imo.

Edited by Son Edo, 14 January 2015 - 09:15 PM.

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

Best trailer since the reveal, imo.

I know its the trailer most Xenoblade fans have been waiting for.

It was this exact trailer style that set us on fire for the original:

Complete with the cliff jump. Thats when most of us realized Xenoblade through away the design rulebook that had shackled game design for so long.

It wasnt a cutscene, it wasnt a sequence, it wasnt a scripted event, it wasnt just a partof the level that was done the same way every time.

You could simply go wherever you wanted, when you wanted, no invisible barriers, no fake backgrounds that you couldnt actually go to or interact with, and if you wanted to, you could jump off a damn cliff, into the ocean, and swim to a tiny island, no cuts, no fakesies, no switches, no loadiing, none of the strings that were so common with open world games faking there scale attached.

xbone and ps4 games still dont do this. All the power in the world, and they are still bound by ps2 era design tropes and shortcuts.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

Looks interesting. A must buy for most Wii U owners I'm sure.

What I am excited about is the 3DS version. From the short trailer it looks impressive.
A proper open(ish) world handheld game?

#26 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:21 PM

CGYgzlb.gif

pCfg9FR.gif vroomvroomwuue9.gif

NNiFCU6.gif

mygoe8B.gif

#27 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

I know its the trailer most Xenoblade fans have been waiting for.

It was this exact trailer style that set us on fire for the original:

Complete with the cliff jump. Thats when most of us realized Xenoblade through away the design rulebook that had shackled game design for so long.

It wasnt a cutscene, it wasnt a sequence, it wasnt a scripted event, it wasnt just a partof the level that was done the same way every time.

You could simply go wherever you wanted, when you wanted, no invisible barriers, no fake backgrounds that you couldnt actually go to or interact with, and if you wanted to, you could jump off a damn cliff, into the ocean, and swim to a tiny island, no cuts, no fakesies, no switches, no loadiing, none of the strings that were so common with open world games faking there scale attached.

xbone and ps4 games still dont do this. All the power in the world, and they are still bound by ps2 era design tropes and shortcuts.

They better spec console put in the hands of sub-pars devs(A majority) , you can't start abusing the console because nothing like has come to on those consoles. 

Edited by Ghost, 17 January 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#28 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

They better spec console put in the hands of sub-pars devs(A majority) , you can't start abusing the console because nothing like has come to on those consoles.

That's exactly what he's talking about. Developers don't truly take advantage of the new hardware except to make world's bigger and look better.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#29 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

Monolith Soft has confirmed via Twitter that a localization of Xenoblade Chronicles X is well underway!

"This is a sudden introduction, but nice to meet you. My name is Kawabata and I work as Xenoblade X’s producer. From now on, Monolith staff other than Takahashi will be using this account to send out Tweets to you all, with me taking the lead.

Counting, it’s been about 5 years since Xenoblade’s release meaning you’ve all been waiting for a long time, but, speaking honestly, it feels like a long time even for those of us working here. On top of that, we’re also well underway with localization work, too.

However, I believe we have created something that you will feel was well worth the wait, so I hope you can remain patient for the game’s release a little while longer."

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

After looking at a new Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer, Monolith Soft have taken JRPG into a whole new level.  A new world of exploration, exotic destinations, and (of course) using a mobile suit doll in action.  Hope to see more of the gameplay on screen and using the interactive map on the Game Pad.

It feels like this is (And OG Xenoblade was) what we would have gotten if snes/genesis rpg's had evolved to the next level, instead of Squeenix going down the amusement park ride style design path, (Compare the design and playability of exploring a town, or dungeon, from Xenogears, to the pre rendered and thus on rails towns or dungeons of ff7, two games that came out at the same time, at a pivotal point in game design history, guess which path squeenix took...) and western studios turning to ubirainbow sand box design and brainwashing marketing.

Its like weve finally started moving forward again after devolving in every category except graphics and cinematography for 20 years.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

If the new Zelda is as engrossing and beautiful as this game seems to be, then it's going to become the best Zelda ever!

#32 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

Graphically this game seems like it's looking worse and worse the more I see of it. Only graphics wise, I haven't played the original Xenoblade and I doubt I will anytime soon because it can be hard to find and pricey when you can find it but it's a game I want to play at some point as I have heard good things.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#33 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

*facedesk* You're flat wrong. Stop being brainwashed by meatheads of the internet. I mean hell it's been posted already how much better this game visually improved just since E3 and MASSIVE upgrade since 2013. This is not opinion. You are wrong and blind. http://thewiiu.com/t...al-improvments/

Graphically this game seems like it's looking worse and worse the more I see of it. Only graphics wise, .

Esp the video Sorce posted from GameXplain

The game is georgous and likely larger than   FFXV and a fully 3d space open world. FFXV using PS2 era world design.

Textures are high rez and XB was regional. This is open world.

Edited by Ryudo, 19 January 2015 - 11:43 PM.

#34 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

Well as I have posed here I am not really expereienced with RPG's AT ALL but I will be getting this game if for nothing else than to drive and fly those damn mechs.

#35 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

*facedesk* You're flat wrong. Stop being brainwashed by meatheads of the internet. I mean hell it's been posted already how much better this game visually improved just since E3 and MASSIVE upgrade since 2013. This is not opinion. You are wrong and blind. http://thewiiu.com/t...al-improvments/

Graphically this game seems like it's looking worse and worse the more I see of it. Only graphics wise, .

Esp the video Sorce posted from GameXplain

The game is georgous and likely larger than   FFXV and a fully 3d space open world. FFXV using PS2 era world design.

Textures are high rez and XB was regional. This is open world.

I'm not brainwashed by anything, this is the only place I have seen anything regarding this game. It's based on my own impressions, the announce trailer to me looked better from memory this one seems less impressive.

There are slight improvements/changes to the graphics but they seem minimal and I'm just not impressed by what I've seen.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#36 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

I'm not brainwashed by anything, this is the only place I have seen anything regarding this game. It's based on my own impressions, the announce trailer to me looked better from memory this one seems less impressive.

There are slight improvements/changes to the graphics but they seem minimal and I'm just not impressed by what I've seen.

Then you're blind. It's not even a matter of opinion you're flat wrong so going to call out dumb posts like that. Nintendo is not Ubisoft. 3Dude has explained a thousand times why these kinda posts need to stop.

#37 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

You are brainwashed, CUD.  You're blind to realize the improvements Monolith Soft have made in developing Xenoblade Chronicles X.  If you combine the designers who had made Xenogears, Xenosaga, Sin & Punishment, Gundam, Zone of the Enders, and even Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance... and you're looking at the sexiest JRPG ever made... period.

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#38 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:16 AM

In watching it again, the closer shot of the characters looks a lot better than the E3 trailer for sure. The other improvements are there but they're minor.

I'm not blind, I'm just not impressed. You seem a little too worked up over this.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#39 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

In watching it again, the closer shot of the characters looks a lot better than the E3 trailer for sure. The other improvements are there but they're minor.

I'm not blind, I'm just not impressed. You seem a little too worked up over this.

Maybe you've come to the wrong thread.

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#40 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Maybe you've come to the wrong thread.

Yeah. Where's the non-circle jerk thread regarding this game?

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!