#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

Thoughts (based on SMG2):

• Game saves from disk version are used
  • Pro Controllers can be used as a Classic Controller (in compatible games)
  • Launching skips loading the Wii Menu
  • Download titles are NOT accessible from the Wii Menu
  • The Home menu is identical to playing the disk on a regular Wii
  • When launching you have the option of viewing the Manual, but afterwards the Manual is inaccessible

Edited by grahamf, 14 January 2015 - 12:36 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

Does it upscale the resolution, or does it look identical to playing it through Wii Mode?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:06 AM

Wii U gamepad functions as classic controller pro too.

SMG2 on gamepad,

SMG2 being launched and some gameplay

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

I wonder if this is a first step before bringing Gamecube (and maybe N64) games to the Wii U? Wii Mode has N64 games so a Wii wrapper would bring them to the Wii U menu, and Wiibrew can play Gamecube games.

It might be possible...

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

Does it upscale the resolution, or does it look identical to playing it through Wii Mode?

No upscaling that I can see. Just identical in wii mode.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

Think Nintendo missed a trick here by not making it a HD remake. Since Wii U is b/c already don't see much point.

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

Think Nintendo missed a trick here by not making it a HD remake. Since Wii U is b/c already don't see much point.

I think the big thing they'really going for is availability. Metroid Prime Trilogy is $60 used: now you can get it for $10. They could do this with other games such as Radiant Dawn, Xenoblade, etc.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

No upscaling that I can see. Just identical in wii mode.

I'm like 90% sure Wii mode and these games are upscaled

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

I'm like 90% sure Wii mode and these games are upscaled

Yes, but i dont think upscaling is what he means. Pretty sure he means rendering the game natively at 1080p, as opposed to at 480p, and then upscaling the 480p image to 1080p.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

Yes, but i dont think upscaling is what he means. Pretty sure he means rendering the game natively at 1080p, as opposed to at 480p, and then upscaling the 480p image to 1080p.

Yep, that is what I meant to say.

#11 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

The best thing about this is that you can get for 20€ the Metroid trilogy and other games that cost a fortune.

I hope they get 3rd parties onboard for this option. There are a few games that i never got to play like Fragile Dreams and Lost in Shadow.

Also, i can also replay Metroid Prime 1 that i have been wanting to play for quite some time.

Btw, no one else finds odd that they put SMG 2 for sale and not the first game? Remake incoming? I say YES! :)

#12 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

The best thing about this is that you can get for 20€ the Metroid trilogy and other games that cost a fortune.

I hope they get 3rd parties onboard for this option. There are a few games that i never got to play like Fragile Dreams and Lost in Shadow.

Also, i can also replay Metroid Prime 1 that i have been wanting to play for quite some time.

Btw, no one else finds odd that they put SMG 2 for sale and not the first game? Remake incoming? I say YES! :)

I think it's because more people bought SMG1 than SMG2 and they want to maximize the possible market with their first Wii download game.

I already bought it, and intend to get Metroid Trilogy.

#13 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

I think the big thing they'really going for is availability. Metroid Prime Trilogy is $60 used: now you can get it for $10. They could do this with other games such as Radiant Dawn, Xenoblade, etc.

agreed. I happily will download metroid trilogy for $10 at release.

#14 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

I'll get Metroid Prime Trilogy. If Xenoblade is a thing that exists then I'll get it too.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:53 PM

I don't like MP Trilogy at all. No I love the MP games I just specifically do not like the trilogy disc on wii. They made some of the visuals worse. Took out detail and even edited out the commanders "DAMN" in MP3 to "NO" and it didn't make any sense felt like a TV dubbed in thing. That really annoys me. If you never played them before then you won't notice anything but if you have prepare for a downgrade.

Edited by Ryudo, 14 January 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

I mean at this point we wont get gamecube VC games until mid life on their next generation system. I want GX DAMNIT!

#17 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

I'll definitely be getting Punch-Out Wii. My dad loved it a few years ago. So do the downloads use Wii saves? I got Metroid Prime Trilogy for Christmas but I'd love to download it at the discount price and never have to pop in the game again. Physical copy AND convenience.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:48 AM

I'll definitely be getting Punch-Out Wii. My dad loved it a few years ago. So do the downloads use Wii saves? I got Metroid Prime Trilogy for Christmas but I'd love to download it at the discount price and never have to pop in the game again. Physical copy AND convenience.

and major graphical downgrades.

Meanwhile Japan gets Pandoras Tower. Sin & Punishment. USA gets..Mario as usual..ugh

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:09 AM

I suspect Nintendo thinks that instead of spending some time making wii games in HD, they can offer them as is via download. They will continue to sell like hotcakes and can put more effort into remaking some great gamecube games in HD. Ala Wind Waker.

#20 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

I don't like MP Trilogy at all. No I love the MP games I just specifically do not like the trilogy disc on wii. They made some of the visuals worse. Took out detail and even edited out the commanders "DAMN" in MP3 to "NO" and it didn't make any sense felt like a TV dubbed in thing. That really annoys me. If you never played them before then you won't notice anything but if you have prepare for a downgrade.

But the controls are approximately 52 times better. The games don't have fantastic graphics by today's standard anyway, so I don't care about the slight downgrade. So, to me, the Wii versions are approximately 51 times better. Didn't really like Corruption, but the other two are absolutely fantastic.

Anyway, this won't affect the existence of N64 or Gamecube games on the VC, since there is no emulation involved. They can just put the games on the eshop as they are.

Edited by storabajskorven, 15 January 2015 - 10:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!