• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:25 AM

Anything you want to talk about the new handheld, share here. And if have one tell us what you think.

Official release dates:

JP: 11 October 2014
AUS: 21 November 2014
EU: 6 January 2015 (Ambassador Edition)
EU: 13 February 2015 (General release)
NA: 13 February 2015 (XL only)

General info: https://www.nintendo...3DS-947717.html

new3ds_2014_630pxhedimg.jpg
swy8prnk4ugddfvuyf5j.png

I decided on the smaller version as it looks great, more portable, better pixel density and actually has slightly bigger screens than the original 3ds. I already have the old XL anyway too that I'm keeping.

I'm sure NA will eventually get standard version too at some some point.

New features include;

Swappable faceplates (not XL)
MUCH better 3d stability in games plus YouTube in 3d.
Slightly better battery life
New C stick for camera controls or game specific commands
Additional ZL and ZR buttons
Amiibo support
Exclusive games
Redesign of cartridge slot position etc
Improved specs so things like games and Miiverse load much quicker.

Edited by Scumbag, 18 January 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

Still haven't purchased a new 3ds xl here in NA yet... procrastinated on getting the  MH edition and was too late. Holding out hope for normal size new 3ds ambassador or a change of plans and NOA releasing it.

I am interested to see if any dev takes advantage of the increased specs, Reggie did say in the latest direct there is more power if the devs wish to use it.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

Still haven't purchased a new 3ds xl here in NA yet... procrastinated on getting the  MH edition and was too late. Holding out hope for normal size new 3ds ambassador or a change of plans and NOA releasing it.

I am interested to see if any dev takes advantage of the increased specs, Reggie did say in the latest direct there is more power if the devs wish to use it.

If Xenoblade etc is exclusive for the new version they must be using the extra CPU power and/or ram. Unfortunately GPU is exact same so yeah, should be interesting to see what they come up with.

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

I got the Zelda MM edition preorder before they sold out.

I also got the Zelda MM Ultimate bundle coming also.

I am kinda hype about the C-stick. I know it will work like nubbin from the old laptops but it finally adds 2 sticks to the system (i dont count the circle pro attachment.)

I do hope that the New 3ds gets an OS upgrade. I am tired of the wii, wii u, NDS, Dsi, 3ds OS look.

I been playing the Monster Hunter demo and i might look more into it. It seems cool and better then MH3

Other then that idk.....

I hope there will be some good games coming to it since its has more input options and its a bit faster over all.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

I was considering getting one but I don't even play my current 3DS anymore. Maybe when MM3D comes out I might reconsider.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#6 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

Haven't ordered any thing yet here in NA. Hoping there are some special editions available on launch day, if not. I'll settle for a regular New 3DS XL or wait for a possible Xenoblade special edition

#7 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

Eh, I might get one, to have something Nintendo...

#8 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

Eh, I might get one, to have something Nintendo...

Get one then sell it a week later to buy another Vita.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#9 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:21 PM

If the announcement had come a week earlier I'd have the MH4U XL pre-ordered. It's a logical upgrade for me, as my blue XL is wearing down, but I just plain don't have the cash now. 3DS games> new system.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#10 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

Still wish the charger was included.

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

If the announcement had come a week earlier I'd have the MH4U XL pre-ordered. It's a logical upgrade for me, as my blue XL is wearing down, but I just plain don't have the cash now. 3DS games> new system.

Thats why you sell your old xl and use that money for the new one.

Gamestop has a $100 trade in credit for the new one.

xile06 "N" ID

#12 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

I gotta do a system transfer and I literally don't have the cash. I'm around $50-$60 short. Maybe I'll get one around Black Friday when there's a nice bundle. I really want one as I absolutely adore my XL, but college might be in a year and a half and rules say I can't bring it. Don't wanna waste money.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#13 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

Not the best solution, as you will need both 3DSs with you to do a system transfer. At the bare minimum most people will want to keep their NNID, but many people (like me) have a decent sized Digital collection they would like to keep.

Edited by grahamf, 20 January 2015 - 09:41 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#14 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

Not the best solution, as you will need both 3DSs with you to do a system transfer. At the bare minimum most people will want to keep their NNID, but many people (like me) have a decent sized Digital collection they would like to keep.

Some GameStops will let you do a system transfer right there in the store, check with your local GameStop for details.

At least that's what my local GameStop did for my friend last year. But I hear it's spotty, some are willing to do it and some are not.

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Some GameStops will let you do a system transfer right there in the store, check with your local GameStop for details.

At least that's what my local GameStop did for my friend last year. But I hear it's spotty, some are willing to do it and some are not.

As said ^.

The gamestop i go to will let you transfer your data over.

Other then that i guess just buy the new system and sell the old one once you transfer everything.

I plan to sell my old one on ebay

xile06 "N" ID

#16 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

Further to this I called GS yesterday (EB Games here in Canada) and the guy at the store said you can transfer first but it could take a very longtime and it if fails you can't walk out with your old 3DS XL. He did say though that a straight 3DS XL trade in will net you an $80 credit. So it's really $20 vs. piece of mind I suppose.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

I'd like to try to get more than $5 for my 3DS though.

Edited by grahamf, 20 January 2015 - 04:12 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

I doubt they will but if they do a translucent blue like they did for 2DS I will consider upgrading.

#19 RifleMan1589

RifleMan1589

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • NNID:SnipaBoiFL
  • Fandom:
    Luigi, Mario Kart, Sword Art Online.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

I'm gonna wait till the New 3DS Standard comes out in NA.

new_boo_by_randomspaceexplorer-d62aebh.g

King Boo intensifies

#20 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:40 PM

Bit of an update.

Bought mine on eBay last week as an import because supposedly it would be 100% PAL compatible and just got an email today from the guy saying it got returned to him "damaged". Bit annoyed and not sure what to think but he did process my refund.

Looks like I'll just wait until the official launch. Amazon not taking pre-orders?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!