• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

I don't think Amazon is. Now game stop and best buy are.

#22 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

I am still debating at what to do... haven't ordered the new 3ds xl yet... was hoping to still get a MH or MM edition... or a normal size 3ds... but... ughh..

If you still need to pre-order in NA a new 3ds xl, Target and NewEgg have their pre-order up finally. It was only gamestop and best buy at the start.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#23 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

When the 3DS XL came out I remember one guy selling his OG 3DS, using that money for the XL, transferring, and then shipping the OG 3DS. That's one way to do it.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#24 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

Wondering how much new 3ds has closed the gap in power compared to vita? 

Edited by Scumbag, 26 January 2015 - 07:48 AM.

#25 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

Wondering how much new 3ds has closed the gap in power compared to vita?

Figure the Vita is still 50-100% more powerful. Maybe I'll go into specifics later.

#26 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:44 AM

haha, i kept holding off and holding off hoping to still score a special edition new 3ds xl online... I saw The MH edition was up a couple days ago only briefly and it once again sold out.

Today, I was lucky to have refreshed and saw it was back in stock... this morning it wasn't.  So this is my new baby

108858b1.jpg

and it is GONE.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#27 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

A warning to those buying the N3DS from gamestop. In an effort to try to stop scalpers, gamestop only lets you order 1 of each new 3DS XL and only a total of two altogether. However, after I cancelled my order to try to get a MH4 LE N3DS, the cancelled order still counted as 1. Which means, if I cancel preorder 1 more time or something wrong happens with it, I may have to have a long talk with customer service, because their system will try to bar me from getting any

#28 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:32 AM

Just to let everyone know Amazon UK has the standard new 3ds in black for £10 less than the white version.

#29 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

I think it's fine that it doesn't come with a AC adapter.

#30 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:56 PM

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

If Xenoblade etc is exclusive for the new version they must be using the extra CPU power and/or ram. Unfortunately GPU is exact same so yeah, should be interesting to see what they come up with.

The OG 3ds gpu was always better than wii's hollywood. Better Architecture, Better and more effecient shaders, higher clock speed.

The main problem was that the wii's old style design used its broadway cpu NOT the gpu for geometry, Its custom floating point modifications for crunching geometry akin to the old style design which it mantained, something the 3ds really couldnt compete with, with its down clocked arm 11 at only 2 cores, with only 2 vector floating point units, which require very specific work to take advantadge of fast mode, AND having to make twice the draw calls.

the 3ds, was the first Nintendo system designed to switch geometry over to the gpu like modern systems.

Old or not, that 750 was plugged into a wall not a battery, and could still get some work done, the portable gpu, while being completely superior to the wii's gpu, cant match the wii's gpu and cpu together by itself, and its cpu, doesnt even come close to bridging the gap at its clock speed and with just 2 cores.

This problem has been alleviated with the new 3ds's additional cpu cores, and vfpu for each additional core. Now we have 3 cpu cores and 4 vector floating point units available to the game, instead of 1 core and 2 vfpu's. That doubling of cpu cores has actually tripled the available processing power of the 3ds.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would definately put my money on those new cpu cores helping out with the geometry crunching and draw calls needed to make a world as big as blade, with everything it has in it.... It would not be possible without the extra cpu power.

As for how the game looks. Its asset identical. Same models, same polygons, same textures, lower resolution screen. Similar performance (there was nothing stable about xenoblades fram rate on wii).

The big difference in quality depends on whether or not Nintendo is going to compress the assets for the eshop, in order to create a managable file size that takes less time to download, or/and screw over physical buyers by using that compressed version on the cartridge.

The original game is 6.46 Gb

To my knowledge, although Nintendo has the technology to release cartridges up to 8 GB, the largest cartridge they currently make is the 4GB cartridge. So, unless Nintendo decides to do the right thing over the cheap thing and start making the 8 (Or even 6) GB cartridges for certain new 3ds games, Xenoblade 3d is going to suffer sound and texture compression to squeeze 6.5 GB of game onto a >4GB cartridge storage space.

So any disparities will be from cartridge size, not processing power.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

So 3dude is throroughly impressed by Xenoblade on New 3DS? I'll definitely try to get it then. Anyone else waiting for more LEs or Black Friday? Personally, I've found that I should have enough money around summer and more appealing colors and LEs should be around later. Xenoblade, MH4U, and CodeName: Steam certainly seem to make the New 3DS worth it.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png

#33 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:26 PM

That data transfer method almost makes doing a 3ds trade in impossible. I have over 4gb of data, and it claims it takes 2hrs. no way am i going to go to gamestop and sit there for close to or over 2hrs just to transfer.

#34 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:42 AM

Changed my pre order to black since it was cheaper, now it's the same price Amazon uk. They better not charge me current price!?

Might just stick with black anyway since the bezel blends in, on white it kinda sticks out.

Pretty good comparison between the regular and XL.

http://www.trustedre...s-vs-new-3ds-xl

Edited by Scumbag, 05 February 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#35 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:21 AM

I am looking forward to going back and playing some RE Revelations, Kid Icarus as well with the new 3ds.... next week! It is almost here.

To all of the people who have a new 3ds (not xl) here is a brand new face plate... the tri-force one was just revealed..

B9KozwsCYAA0PZw.jpg

#36 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

I hope to hell the triforce one is still avaialble when the non-XL FINALLY comes to NA.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#37 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

The sexiness. 0_0 -drools-

Signature_Portal1.png

#38 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

Those with only the new XL as an option, don't be too annoyed as I hear it has really nice rich contrast and deep blacks even compared to new smaller version.

#39 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:57 PM

A warning to those buying the N3DS from gamestop. In an effort to try to stop scalpers, gamestop only lets you order 1 of each new 3DS XL and only a total of two altogether. However, after I cancelled my order to try to get a MH4 LE N3DS, the cancelled order still counted as 1. Which means, if I cancel preorder 1 more time or something wrong happens with it, I may have to have a long talk with customer service, because their system will try to bar me from getting any

Lets hope that isnt true.

I order a Zelda MM one from ebay since bestbuy messed me over.

I check the guys auctions and he has 100% feedback but he did sell 2 other Zelda MM 3ds.

So hopefully he either use different addresses or something. I guess i find out next week.

I did also order a plain black new 3ds from bestbuy. Ill see how that goes with them. I have lost fate in them.

Have never seen this guy before. He seems very crazy.

And the figure looks great.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#40 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

Commercials:

What other exclusives do you want to see on the new 3ds besides xenoblade chronicles?

Do you think we will get a bunch more wii ports?

This game radar article covers 22 games that would work well... from metroid to pikmin, mine craft and others..
http://www.gamesrada...-perfectly-3ds/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!