#1 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:21 AM

Yeah, you heard that right, Club Nintendo will be retired. Their going to add a bunch of games and physical items to let you spend you coins, and a elite rewards on Apr 1 - Apr 30. 

But they will announce a sucessor later, we don't know when, but it will not use CN codes, and coins wont come with.

After more than six years of delivering fun Nintendo-themed rewards to its members, Club Nintendo is preparing to shut down. Nintendo's loyalty-rewards program rewarded members with a variety of items, such as downloadable games, Nintendo posters or character figures in exchange for Coins that members earned by registering products or completing surveys. Club Nintendo members in the United States and Canada can earn additional Coins through the end of March, and can redeem those Coins through the end of June. Nintendo of America will be announcing a new customer loyalty program at a later date.

http://kotaku.com/ni...anic-1680579996

I'm honestly sad about this, yeah surveys were annoying, and one of the reasons I still have quite a few codes to enter/surveys to do. But I feel like I didn't make all that much use of it, I even missed out on the Smash Posters (Kept thinking wether or not I should get them..)

How do you feel about this?

Edited by TheDoctor_13, 20 January 2015 - 01:25 AM.

Stupid Snowmads!

#2 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:26 AM

No big deal to me. I only ever got a DS game case that came with some stylus'.

It was cool for those that made the most of it though, I just didn't buy enough games new and even then I didn't save up enough points before they expired to get anything that great from it.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#3 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:43 AM

Well, this will give me some motivation to spend my hoard of coins before its all over here in NA

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:27 AM

I'm interested in the successor. Not a bad program initially but the gifts left a lot to be desired the last year or so.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:08 AM

I think this will be for the best. They didn't seem to have their hearts in this program. 

I'm honestly sad about this, yeah surveys were annoying, and one of the reasons I still have quite a few codes to enter/surveys to do. 

Feel free to send them to me if you don't feel like entering those codes. :)

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:40 AM

You missed the biggest news out of this: Flipnote Studio 3D is coming in February.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:06 AM

Last year's gifts were horrible, I'm gonna miss CN though :(

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

I'm super sad CN is going, but we're finally getting Flipnote Studio 3D! HOLY COW. :o

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#9 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:45 AM

I've gotten a few neat trinkets from Club Nintendo, but overall, the US had the worst offerings in comparison to the other countries' CNs. 

Hopefully the successor to CN will have more than just notebooks and microfiber cloths.

Edit: Post #777!

lUhp7eL.jpg

Edited by Tom, 20 January 2015 - 07:49 AM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#10 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

It's kinda sad, but it started to die the last year or so. I've really appreciated what I've gotten. Free games, posters, and Wiimote holder ain't that bad. Looking forward to seeing what's next. Maybe a unified account system?

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

It rarely had anything I was interested in. It was a cool program but I hope it's successor is cool

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

It's kinda sad, but it started to die the last year or so. I've really appreciated what I've gotten. Free games, posters, and Wiimote holder ain't that bad. Looking forward to seeing what's next. Maybe a unified account system?

hoping so. and we shouldn't have to login to the web just to access club nintendo. they should do a website, app, and have some sort of app or option on the Wii U and 3Ds to enter each game, do surveys etc.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:12 AM

If the made unified accounts it would be awesome. They also could do the DDP system again but for both digital and physical. Just have Wii U/3DS detect the physical games for a reward on new games from this point on. End of year met a certain amount of points earned like in DDP get maybe a $20 credit in Eshop. Instead of Platinum be Ambassador. Every so often like with NEW 3DS offer some of those Ambassadors dicounts on hardware or a new game coming out.

Throwing something out

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

If the made unified accounts it would be awesome. They also could do the DDP system again but for both digital and physical. Just have Wii U/3DS detect the physical games for a reward on new games from this point on. End of year met a certain amount of points earned like in DDP get maybe a $20 credit in Eshop. Instead of Platinum be Ambassador. Every so often like with NEW 3DS offer some of those Ambassadors dicounts on hardware or a new game coming out.

Throwing something out

As long as it's not specific to the Deluxe.

Honestly? I'm fine that they are closing it, since they said that they will be replcaing it. Hopefully the replacement is more streamlined with less surveys.

Edited by grahamf, 20 January 2015 - 09:36 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

Is this why my Captain Toad never had a code?

Or did gamestop just steal it :P

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:38 AM

Is this why my Captain Toad never had a code?

Or did gamestop just steal it :P

It should have a code...... not printed on back of cover?

#17 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

It never came with the standard red booklet where you scratch off the silver gunk to reveal code.

As far as I know, without that booklet, you get no code. In europe at least.

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:48 AM

It never came with the standard red booklet where you scratch off the silver gunk to reveal code.

As far as I know, without that booklet, you get no code. In europe at least.

ah ok. In NA we use to get a club insert with the code on it, a while back they started printing the info and code on the back of the cover.

#19 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Darn it. I now need to get 300ish coins in 2 months. I'm ending this party with a bang.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

CN site is always slow and problomatic. Everytime for me and right now won't work. CN really sucks so kinda glad it's going away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!