YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

This  comparison is off.Yes the Vita is much more powerful than 3DS. Vita isn't far behind PS3 on many levels. 3DS is Gamecube and Wii sorta with better shaders and other advances. But still a long ways back from Vita. That Xenoblade screen is no doubt the Wii version. Not even worth doing a Screenshot battle. This isn't VGC and it's pointless lets compare PC games to consoles then.

For the record Vita GPU is the same from Ipad 3. 3ds Uses Pica 200 a GPU from from 2005 tweaked. yes 2005.

Personally I think the Vita just is a better more thought out system and I don't mean because power alone. The system is immensely easier to and cheaper to develop for than even PSP. Yes PSP. Despite more power. Sony set it up that way to be more open to developers. Falcom confirmed it when Vita was still called NGP. Has a nicer UI and can custom backgrounds and themes more so than 3DS. Nicer to use hold and play.

Nintendo kinda sucks at console UI. At least to me. Wii,Wii U and 3DS esp DS. Not used a PS4 yet but Sony is prety good. MS is the worst which is odd.

3DS is just not the DS in terms of variety in games and region locked holds it back a lot for me. Vita is region free. 3DS still from a volume of games has more to choose from and of course Nintendo first party but some none mario/zelda greatness like Fire Emblem. Some 3rd party greatness as well like SMT or Code of Princess. There is a whole lot more. 3DS has more to choose from. I just don't think it has enough for such a successful system. Like no real hidden gems for me. A few scattered interesting 3rd party games and then Kirby/Mario/Zelda and that's kinda sad. Vita has much less to choose from but that is int he west. While my bias for Dragon's Crown and Ys would make Vita a default winner and more Ys this year. Vita being region free has a lot of cool games from Japan. A lot of that Japan hidden gem and quirky to just great games and RPGs. Visual novels. Action games and more. Like you can get a Tenchu like game on Vita or Okami like visuals RPG Oreshika.

Sadly yes not in the US strictly but in Japan Vita has far more to offer in variety. Just Sony of the west gave up. Vita will say again is region free can just buy those games. I am still hoping for DQ7 but gave up on Labrynth on 3DS coming to the US. 3DS is a more popular system. better marketed and more popular franchises. Vita has crossplay. Nintendo just now opening up to it.

E-Shop is decent on 3DS while Vita offers again much more. Nintendo also seems to think 3DS can only handle NES games or Gameboy. I can buy Legend of Dragoon or Klonoa on Vita and play it on PS3.

I truly feel Vita IS the better system all around. 3DS is more popular as it has the brand the marketing and more familiar faces. Popularity does not mean better. Much like Wii U is better than PS4.

Super mario 3D land, Mario kart 7, New super mario bros 2, Luigi's mansion: Dark Moon, Mario Party: Island Tour, Mario Tennis Open, Mario Golf World tour, Mario and Luigi: Dream team, Paper mario: Sticker star, The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D, The legend of Zelda: A link between worlds, Monster hunter Tri Ultimate, Animal crossing: New leaf, Pokemon X/Y, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Super smash bros for n3DS, Donkey kong country Returns: 3D, Yoshi's new island, Braverly Default: Flying Fairy, Kingdom hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Metal gear solid: Snake eater 3D, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Resident Evil: Revelations, Tamodachi life.

Really, saying the 3DS has no games is the LAST thing someone should say about it in the year 2015...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#22 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:14 PM

You missed the point. You also did not read correctly. Your post is trivial. My post was being mostly subjective with some counterpoints. Don't respond with trivial list wars. Say something something other than that otherwise it's rather pointless.

Edited by Ryudo, 28 January 2015 - 10:25 PM.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

He never said the 3ds has no games. Really he said multiple times it has a much larger library than the vita. But it doesnt have as many games that interest him, since the system is region locked and many of them never leave japan, but the vita is region free, so he can get the kinds of games he likes that didnt make it over here.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:11 AM

I thought it was pretty much universally agreed that Vita has an absolutely terrible UI. At least I remember everyone complaining when Playstation TV came out and had the same UI. But I don't really pay that much attention to these things...

Nintendo is Life

Nintendo is Love

Nintendo is Perfect

Nintendo is Eternal

:)

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#25 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:18 AM

I thought it was pretty much universally agreed that Vita has an absolutely terrible UI. At least I remember everyone complaining when Playstation TV came out and had the same UI. But I don't really pay that much attention to these things...

Nintendo is Life

Nintendo is Love

Nintendo is Perfect

Nintendo is Eternal

I actually prefer the 3ds UI over Vita. Vita has some real waste of screen real estate imo. But, I do hope Nintendo does a complete overhaul on their OS/UI for the next big hardware release. I expect it to be functionally the same for both console and handheld.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#26 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

Nintendo is Life
Nintendo is Love
Nintendo is Perfect
Nintendo is Eternal

I've never had a problem with the Vita's UI. I like the customisation options it gives you and it works very well overall, with the more recent improvements to the 3DS home screen and such it's hard to say which I prefer now especially since it's been even longer since using my Vita but it's a close call.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#27 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:25 AM

i prefer the 3ds over the vita,,,the vita is good dont get me wrong but 99% of the games are poop!! the 3ds has MUCH better games and with the 3d its a GREAT handheld,,,i love mine and still got it,,my vita,,,i sold that a while ago :)

Edited by syks-1, 31 January 2015 - 05:25 AM.

#28 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

If Monster Hunter was on vita things would be different, in Japan mainly.

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

If Monster Hunter was on vita things would be different, in Japan mainly.

And in my pants. I dont think it would do anything to change the horrible way the western AAAAAAAAAAA treats the system, but yeah, monhun is a pretty big deal in all of this. I knew it was something special the moment I found it on that ps2 demo disc.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

It doens't have Monster Hunter specifically but does have some good clones. Not my kinda thing tho I just can never get into Monster Hunter.

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

It doens't have Monster Hunter specifically but does have some good clones. Not my kinda thing tho I just can never get into Monster Hunter.

You got phantasy star online for that itch on the vita. The games are similar, but also so different, that its just as common to find fans of both as it is to find those that enjoys one but just doesnt get into the other.

My ideal monster hunter would take a page out of pso, the tiny arenas need to go. 4 improves on this, but not in the way they made it sound. Turns out they focused more on a story with characters and dialog, when really what I was wanting was just some good old solid world building. Dragons Dogma really did this for me... So Im keeping a super critical eye on DDO, to make sure its f2p done right, and not greedy explotation of a starved and marginalized audience.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:47 AM

The Vita is awesome and it's what the game boy should be right now.

But... No one really cares to develop great games for it for some crazy reason.

Meanwhile nintendo continues to underpower and make a killing.

In Nintendo's defense however, I believe they are simply trying to but some time until the new systems come out.

And I'm PRAYING they get seriously blood spillingly aggressive with the hardware specs for both mobile and home system.

Can you imagine the wii u with ps4 specs? There would literally be zero reason to own any other console.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 04 February 2015 - 12:48 AM.

#33 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:30 AM

The Vita is awesome and it's what the game boy should be right now.

But... No one really cares to develop great games for it for some crazy reason.

Meanwhile nintendo continues to underpower and make a killing.

In Nintendo's defense however, I believe they are simply trying to but some time until the new systems come out.

And I'm PRAYING they get seriously blood spillingly aggressive with the hardware specs for both mobile and home system.

Can you imagine the wii u with ps4 specs? There would literally be zero reason to own any other console.

There IS zero reason to get another console. PCs have Steam.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#34 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:08 PM

I'm getting a Vita as soon as tomorrow......Doubt it will replace my 3ds, but just want to check it out.  Getting the Borderlands 2 Bundle  

#35 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:52 AM

The 3DS is the better console in pretty much every way imo. I'd even say the lesser specs are maybe beneficial for a contemporary handheld. It just doesn't look like the whole portable Ps3 idea ever really worked out. I think it's tied to the gaming habits. Portables need to be shorter or segmented gaming experiences to entice people in who like game in short bursts. On the commute, on a break at work. Etc etc.

The idea that next Sony handheld, had the Vita been successful, would allow you to be playing something like Witcher 3, FF15, MGS5 type games seems just a misguided idea. Those games need long sessions of dedicated gaming.

I would suggest that's part of the reason the Vita hasn't really worked out as they hope. Though it is very good as an indie machine.

#36 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

3DS is piss. Vita any day of the week. At least my 3DS will be played again when DQ7 comes out. Can stop using it as a paper weight.

Edited by Ryu, 15 July 2015 - 09:09 AM.

#37 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:26 AM

Well make the most of it while you can then! I seriously doubt they're gonna make another.

#38 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

I'd say I enjoy both the 3DS and Vita equally. PS+ and PS1 classics along with cross-buy give me more than enough to play on the Vita, and the 3DS is where I go for games I know are gonna be fun for the gameplay and story.

I /do/ wish SNES/N64 3D Classics would happen, though. That'd be great.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!