NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

Count me in!  This news made me smile soooooo big!

You will find my NNID to the left below my avatar.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#82 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:58 PM

Alright Next time it turn mine on I will add you.  I am so amped fo this game, the world looks so varied and crisp.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#83 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:59 PM

Oh, thought this would be good to reiterate, there will be more live streams/ or directs before this game comes out in Japan.

but at the end of the broadcast the character Elma — a curt silver-haired woman — implied another showcase will be on the way, and that it will tackle Xenoblade Chronicles X's combat systems.

http://www.nintendol...about_its_world

Alright Next time it turn mine on I will add you.  I am so amped fo this game, the world looks so varied and crisp.

Perfect! Me too!

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#84 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

I wish you well as I fear be in over your head. I hope you enjoy it. RPGs are so varied from game to game and system to system. From Japanese styled RPGs to Western. Western play very differently than how Japanese often play.

Nice thing is Xenoblade seems to blend a bit of both. While mostly Japanese also has some western ideas thrown in up front and it helped re energize the "JRPG" moniker. 

well never played one so its a win/win for me. Either I "GET" it and play through the game or I just have this huge world to explore drive and fly through and cliff dive.

#85 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

Found what seems to be a pretty good translation of what went on in the video:

http://www.scooptend...ew-field-video/

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#86 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

Found what seems to be a pretty good translation of what went on in the video:http://www.scooptend...ew-field-video/

From the link you provided..

"The video overview showed five different continents in Xenoblade Chronicles X, all equally massive and with their own theme. Looking at the blanks spaces around Mira’s continent map, there may even be more that haven’t been shown. The Grasslands will probably serve as the first explorable continent in Xenoblade Chronicles X, as NLA is based there."

Found this image someone created showing the 5 regions,

Xenoblade-X-Continents.jpg

#87 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

czN0uM1.jpg

#88 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

Now THAT'S one hell of a Japanese cover!

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#89 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:43 PM

Now THAT'S one hell of a Japanese cover!

Hopefully NOA doesnt butcher it..

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#90 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:55 PM

Hopefully NOA doesnt butcher it..

Well......

#91 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

Well......

To be fair they kept the Xenoblade one pretty much the same in all regions. Minus the font difference on Chronicles the only real change was the reverse cover and all were great.

#92 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

Game looks tiny when you look at the 5 areas in this perspective.. hahaaha

B9KlrJuCUAAHz6f.jpg

lol. True.

But then again, the continents of the world look pretty tiny on a 2d map.

Oh man I can't believe how hyped I am for this game.

It literally clicks every button in me as a gamer, a music lover, an artist, and a fantasy/sci fi fan. All combined.

Only thing I'd change are some of the humanoid character designs. But even those are growing on me.

Except that dude with the hair like alfalfa from little rascals. That's just ridiculous looking. Lol

#93 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

Except that dude with the hair like alfalfa from little rascals. That's just ridiculous looking. Lol

It's just the avatar. For some reason they use him instead of the one from earlier trailers since e3. Good thing is you can fully customize it and not worry about seeing him ever again if you don't want to.

#94 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

I know this is off topic but I am looking forward to Wii U 2016 lineup... I mean where can they go we will already have 3d mario, zelda, starfox, pikmin, 2d mario, smash, mario kart... what the hell will they do in 2016. Sorry I know its random just a thought. Metroid, and f-zero I guess another 3d mario all i can think of... NEW IP's time!

#95 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

Translated (Turn cc on)

Okay, now things are coming together.

The city was empty. Always was, it was just a 'seed' that they were going to plant on a habitable planet. Each seed was modeled after famous cities and their cultures. We got LA.

The only people who were awake were soldiers, engineers, and maintenence, who navigated, defended the ship, kept it running, and mantained the LIFE structures. WHich were giant structures in the hull of the ship containing the citizens in cryo-stasis. Upon crashing, the white whale (name of the arc ship) ejected its life pods, which were durable and stabilized enough to protect their cargo from the crash landing.

The city seed began its automated process of building its underlying foundations after anchoring itself to the terrain and leveling itself. Then the survivors began gathering people to work on the construction of the city, wich is suspended over the actual land beneath it. This reconstruction goes on for two months, before us, the pc are awoken from our LIFE pod.

Wow. This translation lliterally takes every complaint the new waves of trolls and 'concern' trolls' have tried to levy at the game, and completely pimp slaps them with it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#96 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

I wonder if there is any more continents or regions.. 

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#97 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

I wonder if there is any more continents or regions..

I doubt it.

That's A LOT. Of territory.

Compare the x map to this to get an idea:

http://3.bp.blogspot...00/worldmap.png

#98 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Gta 5 bigger or smaller?

#99 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

I doubt it.

That's A LOT. Of territory.

Compare the x map to this to get an idea:

http://3.bp.blogspot...00/worldmap.png

I agree. Think of those regions as real world continents.

Also, picture the scale of the character compared to some of the monsters... I remember the treehouse footage during e3, they showed the character was but a toenail of one large monster... HUGE.

Also, MECHS. If you need to fly around in mechs... the world is freaking HUGE. haha  :)

I don't have the actual screen grab, but this is right before they made their way down to the large dinosaur type... 

xenoblade-chronicles-x-dragons-gameplay-

Here is another way to look at things... this comparison was on gaf. The 3 characters on screen... and then zoomed out.

x19iu1p.jpg

x2ivu07.jpg

x3xvu7i.jpg

This last picture below shows the region/continent. Look for the red area in the pic below which represents the picture above... just that area.

vlcsnap-2015-02-06-20tsan6.png

So that makes the city (New LA) roughly 2.5ish times larger then the size of the red rectangled area, or the last zoomed out picture above. 

Gta 5 bigger or smaller?

GTA5 is about 100 sq miles I believe, not exactly sure. X is 154 sq miles and change. So X > GTA5

#100 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

The texture work in this game is amazing, Im still not sure exactly how they did it, because I simply cant find individual texture tiles.

I know they are using ridiculous layering techniques.

My guess is they are using micro texturing, with quite a few different tiles that have all been tesselated into each other with incredible skill, meaning they can all line up with each other smoothly, no matter which one you put where, and which way you rotate it, and then are randomly placing and rotating them to make them very hard to pick up an obvious pattern on.... as they use these microtextures as building blocks to make other larger textures.

Layered on top of that seems to be multiple layers of larger textures, but these are more like stickers put over the base texture, or god tier microtexturing. These do things like showing that great caked mud look.

I cant even speculate how many layers they are actually using. The texture work is ridiculously well done.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!