NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:23 PM

Full X livestream with English subtitles.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#102 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

After much scrutinizing, analyzing, and poring over the available screens, I've found an obvious repeat texture.

It's very well utilized. And far enough from other instances, but it's there. And it's a huge texture.

That's right... ONE repeat texture. Only visible from a very zoomed out stage.

It took a while, but I found it. I knew it would be there because it HAD to be. No way around it especially given file size constraints for 32 gb limited stock consoles. And the edges are so well matched to the surrounding textures that they just line up.

I'm on iPad atm, but when I get time, I'll circle the instances. Looks kind of like a light colored dirt spider shape.

Dang these guys are good.

When you see this kind of thing, you only appreciate the effort they've put in to truly CRAFT this game.

Just more hype for me. Lol.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 08 February 2015 - 09:01 PM.

#103 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:59 PM

Gta 5 bigger or smaller?

It claimed to be 100 but it's not even close to that. Not even sure it's half that. Suffice to say much smaller. However remember it's not just size but design. XCX has a better world design than anything on the market. Only Xenoblade itself comes close in utilizing full 3D space plus the art design.

#104 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:14 PM

It claimed to be 100 but it's not even close to that. Not even sure it's half that. Suffice to say much smaller. However remember it's not just size but design. XCX has a better world design than anything on the market. Only Xenoblade itself comes close in utilizing full 3D space plus the art design.

Yeah, at first r* claimed it was 100, then they canged it to 49, then I guess it turns out that wasnt really the case at all, it was actually 30 square miles, and that included nearly half of it being the ocean, so it was actually only like, 18 or something.... And the city itself was only a small fraction of that...

d60t.jpg

So, going by the land that you actually play the game on, X is like, 8.5 times bigger than gta5, not even counting the fact that unlike gta5, which is basically completely flat design wise, X has layers upon layers to explore, like theres the flat ground, with the normal hills and mountains and stuff, but over it is this huge earth canopy dome thing you can fly to the top of, and theres stuff to do up there, and then theres an expansive cave system under the ground, all in the same square miles of area at times.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#105 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:01 AM

Miles and miles of gang bangers and prostitutes or aliens and amazing vistas...? You decide.  :)

Thanks for confirming GTA5, I just pulled the 100 from a quick search and I figured it probably wasn't precise... and wow it was way off hah.

Here is an uncompressed version of the wallpaper in OP in case someone wanted it. It is 2560 x 1600. Just click on it for full size.

ibc02kbmnGOMun.jpg

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#106 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

Miles and miles of gang bangers and prostitutes or aliens and amazing vistas...? You decide.  :)

Thanks for confirming GTA5, I just pulled the 100 from a quick search and I figured it probably wasn't precise... and wow it was way off hah.

Here is an uncompressed version of the wallpaper in OP in case someone wanted it. It is 2560 x 1600. Just click on it for full size.

ibc02kbmnGOMun.jpg

GTA5 had vistas too, its just nothing on them loaded until you you were like 20 feet away. Or ran into it and exploded.

aXrk7Lo.gif

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#107 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:28 AM

Just a little tiny piece of info regarding OFF TV PLAY

Kojima took to his Twitter account to let fans know that the feature was requested most by Western fans. The team was uncertain as to whether their game would support the feature, due to the sheer amount of information that is shared on the GamePad screen, even when the game’s action is displayed on the TV. Ultimately, the team found a way to make sure all the information was accessible for players even when only the Wii U GamePad is used, so Off-TV play for the game is supported.

http://wiiudaily.com...western-gamers/

Uh oh.....

Don't expect the NA or any other region box art to look like this ... I am sure the same artwork will probably be used however the color of the box and the wii u logo banner is going to be how it is for every other game (most likely). At least, according to the info I found while watching the guy in this video. He is a collector and has every Wii U game to date. The video is below and I am starting it at the 10:55 mark. Listen to what he says on why the box is black and the color of the banner.

http://youtu.be/zD_JUVKZSzE?t=10m55s

He mentions the color of the box and banner has to do with the Cero rating, the rating used in Japan for mature games. So it seems as though it's not necessarily an artistic choice. Fatal Frame and other mature games have the same black box and color. In NA, we get the usual blue logo.

DAMN... It is still a great cover with the artwork, but the colors here match and blend so well.

czN0uM1.jpg

#108 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:37 AM

Damn thats a huge freaking update.

Hopefully that youtube translation fairy decides to grace us with some translations again.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#109 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:13 AM

Damn thats a huge freaking update.

Hopefully that youtube translation fairy decides to grace us with some translations again.

You mean this update?

New song:

Character Customization.  http://xenobladex.jp...ter/avatar.html

img_chara_mira01.jpg

img_chara_mira07.jpg

img_chara_mira02.jpg

img_chara_mira05.jpg

img_chara_mira03.jpg

img_chara_mira04.jpg

img_chara_mira08.jpg

http://youtu.be/ZMAK8M2u46k

There is much more too.. lol.. twitter and their website basically exploded with new info.

Field Overview http://xenobladex.jp...ld/field02.html

img_field02_shiro_02.jpg

img_field02_gen_03.jpg

Lots of choices

GCupy1O.gif

#110 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:23 AM

Why is this not in my life yet.

#111 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

Insanity
And the lack of big time media hype for this game is... DISTURBINGLY peculiar.

Engadget gaming, IGN, gamespot, game informer, euro gamer, etc... Why is this game always buried under everything and tucked away in the Wii U section???

It's front page stuff. Especially now.

At least IGN featured it.

If ever there was a game to have commercial on TV for it, this is it. Heck, it could have done with a freaking Super Bowl ad.

If it was on any other system, the entire gaming community would be frothing.

As it is, with only so many wii u systems in the wild, I can see this thing moving hardware.

Even with the underlying negative sentiment toward wii u, this game seems to be the beacon for gamers to come back home. Lol

I cannot honestly remember a game trying so hard to be truly great...and looking like its succeeding.

#112 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:09 PM

Insanity
And the lack of big time media hype for this game is... DISTURBINGLY peculiar.

Engadget gaming, IGN, gamespot, game informer, euro gamer, etc... Why is this game always buried under everything and tucked away in the Wii U section???

It's front page stuff. Especially now.

At least IGN featured it.

If ever there was a game to have commercial on TV for it, this is it. Heck, it could have done with a freaking Super Bowl ad.

If it was on any other system, the entire gaming community would be frothing.

As it is, with only so many wii u systems in the wild, I can see this thing moving hardware.

Even with the underlying negative sentiment toward wii u, this game seems to be the beacon for gamers to come back home. Lol

I cannot honestly remember a game trying so hard to be truly great...and looking like its succeeding.

It's sad. FFXV shows off eyeball veins and everyone cums themselves. XCX shows off anything and you have to seriously hunt for any info not a Nintendo focused website.

#113 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

It's sad. FFXV shows off eyeball veins and everyone cums themselves. XCX shows off anything and you have to seriously hunt for any info not a Nintendo focused website.

The industry, and coverage, is controlled by AAAAAAAAAA pubs. Incumbents who would REALLY like the narrative of 'lol nintendo' 'Backwards Nintendo' 'Nintendo is teh kiddies' to stick, instead of, 'Hey, Nintendo makes high quality games with lots of content, that gives all tha content for the price of buying the game instead of making you pay 60 bucks and 20 bucks a pop for 5 dlc packs to get an actual complete game, and the games actually work the first day you buy them, the first time you stick the disc in the system.'

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#114 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

The industry, and coverage, is controlled by AAAAAAAAAA pubs. Incumbents who would REALLY like the narrative of 'lol nintendo' 'Backwards Nintendo' 'Nintendo is teh kiddies' to stick, instead of, 'Hey, Nintendo makes high quality games with lots of content, that gives all tha content for the price of buying the game instead of making you pay 60 bucks and 20 bucks a pop for 5 dlc packs to get an actual complete game, and the games actually work the first day you buy them, the first time you stick the disc in the system.'

But you gotta love "nex gen" eyeballs yo!

MUNDgfX.png

I mean you can't enjoy a good RPG without more veins in eyeballs. Lol it makes me laugh how this garbage suckers people in so easily.

#115 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

Love this art, the concept came to fruition

g_img_tsukamoto01.jpg

#116 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

But you gotta love "nex gen" eyeballs yo!
MUNDgfX.png
I mean you can't enjoy a good RPG without more veins in eyeballs. Lol it makes me laugh how this garbage suckers people in so easily.

Ooooo...

Ugly textures, light maps, two layers of polygons and a simple inversion in the middle...

That's next ten high tech? Lol

About as awesome as hand hairs in COD Ghosts....

The funny thing is X has more AAA qualities than AAA labeled games.

I don't see where they've cut any shortcuts. It looks epic, expensive, extensively crafted, extravagantly detailed, and I can't even begin to imagine how much money and manpower has gone into creating this masterpiece.

The single most desired game in my gaming life. Maybe be that changes after I get it (doubtful), but that's how I've felt for a while. And seeing the latest updates just really makes me sick with anticipation.

Now imagine a deluge of CGI, alive action, and some mixed media commercials plastered all over your favorite negworks,breeding or COD style.. And for an honest to goodness AAA game!

I'd think sales triple. Due to awareness alone.

#117 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

Good lord when will this game stop looking so freaking good! The new environment screenshots released to day made me nearly die! It is so beautiful, there could be no missions or plot in this game and I would be content with just browsing the environments!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#118 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:32 PM

In case it wasn't obvious I was being sarcastic about the eyeballs. Square feels that's the kinda crap they need to show to make people think it's going to be such a great game and sadly people are buying into it. People are brainwashed. FFXV shows off boring flat and grounded empty worlds. Terrible nomura design with more black and more belts and zippers and emo hair. Combat looks awful. Plus sausage fest and breaking a fundamental rule in party based RPG's,diversity. You get 4 Noctis instead. Gets praised and wanked over.

XCX shows off massive worlds with amazing varied areas and designs. Hardly anyone covers it and trolls come out everywhere DER I HATE FACES because it's the only thing they can latch onto to hate.

Xenoblade is a hell of a drug. Frak your Noctis Tabata!

#119 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

Hope you can change guys junk size.

If I am making a character based on me, it needs to be below default. HAHAHAhaha..ha..*cries*

#120 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

Hope you can change guys junk size.
If I am making a character based on me, it needs to be below default. HAHAHAhaha..ha..*cries*

Keyboard Tourette's?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!