NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

03-02-2015%209-53-32.jpg

2005 PlayStation 2 game Legend of Kay is coming to the Wii U and PC as a remastered release.

Though Nordic Games has yet to officially confirm the Legend of Kay Anniversary edition, Nintendo Life notes that Amazon already has the cover art, as well as a listed release date of June 12.

http://www.ign.com/a...ed-for-wii-u-pc

The action title, which features bipedal animals fighting over the future of the land of Yenching, became a cult hit amongst gamers upon its original release. In IGN's review, we deemed it a well-rounded game with smooth combat and challenging platforming.

It had previously been re-released on Nintendo DS in 2010

http://www.amazon.de...s=Legend of Kay

PS2 Game footage below,

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

This is wierd an obscure 10 year old PS2 game put on Wii U. Is Nordic games up to something with Wii U are they leading to something? Hey Retro Studios has former Vigil Studios guys and Nordic owns the rights now to Darksiders..team up? Oh how I wish Darksiders III Wii U Exclusive. That would be amazing. Looking to deep into this. If it hits the US at maybe 20 bucks sure I may keep an eye out.

OH GOD THE VA MY EARS! SO F-ING BAD! lol WOW

#3 Chronos21

Chronos21

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

Ledend of Kay was a good game back then! Cool, im curius, how much this remastering has gone^^

#4 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

I kind of remember the game but not really, if you ever get like that.

I really like the character design even if its a kids game.
This got pretty decent reviews back in the day too.

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

Lol, the evil rats base is 15 ft. away from the cat villages mayors hut.

So is it being remastered Nintendo style, with cleaned up graphics, and effects, or everyone else style where they increase the res and toss it out the door?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:17 PM

I never heard of this game.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

Neither have I, but I want to see how the remaster is going. I'm interested

Stupid Snowmads!

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

Nordic is a somewhat small publisher with a lot of passion. So don't expect Wii U hardware taking full advantage. Pretty sure just look more or less the same in HD rather than SD. Nordic does own the THQ name as well so they can publish anything they want under the THQ brand

#9 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

So Nordic is picking up right where THQ left off....Putting out garbage games that wont sell and slowly running themselves into the ground.

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

So Nordic is picking up right where THQ left off....Putting out garbage games that wont sell and slowly running themselves into the ground.

Um no on both statements.

Nordic is fine. THQ stopped doing what made them money. The shovelware. They tried making actual games and made some great ones like Darksiders which were fantastic games. DSII just did not make the money back. Where THQ fell is the Udraw tabelt on PS3 and 360. That was the straw that broke the camels back. This game from those who played it said it was very good just not well known and plus Nordic's business is ports and publishing ports. This isn't spongebob. More than anything it sounds like they are testing something with Wii U. What we don't know but seems more to do with putting more games on the system.

Nordic owns Red Faction series. Darksiders. They own some PC classic IP's like Painkiller. So they could maybe work with Nintendo on new installments or give us some interesting remasters. Funny to see people complaining about Wii U getting MORE support. SMH. PS4 got a remaster of a 1998 game. granted more well known but who's to say that this doesn't open the door for more games.

Edited by Ryudo, 04 February 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

Hmm this is interesting.. as a huge fan of Darksiders II im interested to see if the wii u support my spawn a sequal? Maybe Nintendo will publish it similar to Bayonetta 2!  Probably just hopeful thinking but this is a studio to keep an eye on.  I've never heard of this game but if it ever goes on sale i might download it.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

LMFAO. Oh man. That hit the spot for me.

That tickled my old bone to grind with THQ enough that I laughed.

I do agree with Ryudo though, THQ went under BECAUSE they stopped making the trash I so hated them for (I will still never forgive them for destroying everyones child hood with crap games starting with rocky and bullwinkle). The last of their stuff wasnt actually cringe inducing licensed bs, but pretty original, and even... good.

Just shows how messed up the games industry is right now, that trading trash for decent products kills your company.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:18 AM

I'd love to see some footage or screenshots of this if anyone's noticed any (the remaster)? If it's a remaster along the same lines as the 3DS Zeldas, id definitely be interested. I'm guessing it's probably more of a Vita style remaster though. Which probably means exactly the same game in a new resolution.

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

http://nintendoevery...on-u-s-as-well/

$25 Amazon US

You can pre order in the US looks like it has a May 29 release

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

http://nintendoevery...on-u-s-as-well/

$25 Amazon US

You can pre order in the US looks like it has a May 29 release

Nice, that about confirms it!

Also this, Nordic is busy...

PlayStation 4

Xbox One

Wii U

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2...gUeH5ApCxrZS.99

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#16 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

I'm not seeing this on the UK amazon yet. Anyone?

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

I'm not seeing this on the UK amazon yet. Anyone?

On the US side I can't find it in search anymore however it's still in my wishlist and if I click that the listing shows up. Might just be off the grid so to speak until official info is updated.

#18 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

On the US side I can't find it in search anymore however it's still in my wishlist and if I click that the listing shows up. Might just be off the grid so to speak until official info is updated.

Mmmmm yeah, info on the internet seems to find its way into the public somehow. Either way, I hope the prices being mentioned here are the final prices and not some placeholder. I'll almost definitely buy this if it comes at budget price. Assuming they've actually remastered it of course. A direct port, maybe not.

Edited by MarcusT, 18 February 2015 - 07:14 PM.

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

Amazon.com (for US) finally has the listing up with cover art. Still not showing up in search results but here is the link http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=3075112011

#20 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

Everytime I see the title, I think Legend of Korra is coming to Wii U. But oh well, I'm happy some old school game I haven't heard of is coming too, especially at that price, I liked that gen of games. Would love to see the remaster gameplay though.

Stupid Snowmads!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!