Photo

Get your hopes up about Zelda Wii U and Xenoblade X, but not too much (imo)

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

I did some research and according to some figures on the internet, Zelda Wii U will have 5 times the space (square km) of Skyward Sword's world. Xenoblade X will, likewise, have 5x the space of Xenoblade.

It was also estimated on these forums that Xenoblade would have massive amounts of data, close to 50GB. Well it has been revealed the game is 22.7GB, less than 4x the size of Xenoblade. That's not much for the upgrade from 480p. http://nintendoevery...es-x-is-22-7gb/

I'm saying to get hyped and have fun with these games, but try to leave room for some realism as well. These games will be great, but probably far from godlike. The next generation of consoles should have maps at least 2-4x the size.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

No.

400 Square Kilometers. 154 Square miles is Xenoblade Chronicles X. Already confirmed. Nintendo said Zelda U is the size of Kyoto.

Roughly 800 Square Kilometers. 4x2=8. Kyoto is 319 Square Miles. Now the game can be a little less than that a little more or right on.

We can round it out to 300. That makes this simple doesn't it. Zelda U claims to be twice as in 2x as in double the size of Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Xenoblade on Wii is 30 Squared miles. Exactly 5x less than XCX. The Mechs assuming the average human is 6 feet tall in XCX are 5x larger than a human. 30 feet tall. World is 5x larger to make up for it.

The game data has nothing to do with world size in comparison. Seriously. If that were the case then Xenoblade be the size of Minecraft compared to Daggerfall.

Edited by Ryudo, 07 February 2015 - 01:21 PM.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:21 PM

What do clearly made up 'figures' about Zelda and Xenoblade chronicles that nobody here has ever believed, and you taking what was said out of context and applying it to something completely unrelated that nobody has ever brought up, or even insinuated what is being said (WHo the HELL ever said the FILE SIZE was going to be 5x bigger? Seriously? That is completely nonsensical) have to do with our expectations?

Xenoblade Chronicles X is 400 Square kilometers, or 155 Square miles. Xenoblade was like, 31 Square miles.

31*5= 155.

We had maps 1000X bigger than these TWENTY YEARS AGO. Daggerfall came out in like, 1996.

The difference is these are the biggest hand designed maps ever made, while everybody else uses procedurally generated terrain.

And you are acting like we have no idea what Xenoblade is going to be like. As if we havent already played one on the wii, and it wasnt already godlike.

Maybe we are excited because our expectations ARE in check, and we know exactly what we are getting, and its what we want... And you have these really weird 'figures' and 'hype facts' dug up from the darkest depths of the deepest tarpits on the internet that nobody has ever seriously considered here, ever?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

I did some research and according to some figures on the internet, Zelda Wii U will have 5 times the space (square km) of Skyward Sword's world. Xenoblade X will, likewise, have 5x the space of Xenoblade.

It was also estimated on these forums that Xenoblade would have massive amounts of data, close to 50GB. Well it has been revealed the game is 22.7GB, less than 4x the size of Xenoblade. That's not much for the upgrade from 480p. http://nintendoevery...es-x-is-22-7gb/

I'm saying to get hyped and have fun with these games, but try to leave room for some realism as well. These games will be great, but probably far from godlike. The next generation of consoles should have maps at least 2-4x the size.

I guess you have never heard of compressed data.. Something Nintendo has always been a master at.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

Ugh. The logical fallacies - straw man, poisoning the well. I'll just let it go.

#6 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

POPULAR

STRAWMAN!!! !
STAAAAWMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OAOHAUJFBKFN
IM WRONG SO IM THROWING OUT BUZZWORDS!!!!

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:33 PM

There are no straw mans from us. You are digging up the most RIDICULOUS 'claims' Any of us have ever heard, dug up from what can only be the deepest cesspools on the internet, COMPLETELY misinterpereted and what I can only imagine is completely purposeful misconstruement of actual information (Seriously how can anyone take Takahashi saying the map size of xenoblade chronicles X was going to be 5x the size of Xenoblade, and then turn around and claim he meant the FILE size? That is an IMPOSSIBLE mistake to make) and trying to apply them to US, as if THOSE are the reasons we are excited for these games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

Xenoblade X - 400 s km
Xenoblade - 80 s km
Zelda U - 800 s km
Skyward sword - 160 s km

No no no, Im mocking you guys claiming X was 50GB

Edited by AllMyFriendsAreGhosts, 07 February 2015 - 01:35 PM.

#9 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:37 PM

Well it has been revealed the game is 22.7GB, less than 4x the size of Xenoblade.

I first read this as, "Well it has been revealed that the game is 22.7 GB, which is 4x smaller than the size of Xenoblade.  I was about to shout "OBJECTION!", but I re-read the sentence and understood it.

As for the actual topic of this thread, the game looks like it will be lots of fun.  I have no reason to not be excited about it.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Who? When? Where?

It wasnt from me. Ive been in every xeno thread here, and Ive never seen it from anybody else.

Sounds pretty made up to me.

In fact, I have NEVER heard the 5x bigger than skyward sword bs before, which would mean Zelda wii u would be a really, REALLY tiny game. Far tinier than a single area they have ever shown.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

j0fl8qb.jpg

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:39 PM

http://thewiiu.com/t...n-thread/page-2

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

If you looked on that same page, it was only claimed that it would be 50 for the idea that discs could be dual layered, but that would make the streaming of the data take longer, affecting the quality of the seamless world. Try harder next time.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

Skyward sword's world was TINY, including all the places you could go in the sky like the thunder head and all the areas on the surface, it'll be bigger than that for sure.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:48 PM

http://thewiiu.com/t...n-thread/page-2

Where is it?

The only thing I see even remotely related is People wondering why they thought about have gone for 2 discs instead of one dual layer, and me explaining how 50Gb would increase the disc random access read times to a point where a seamless open world would be harder to pull off, and their might need to be loading times between areas, which is why they probably thought about going for 2 discs, instead of dual layer, before they managed to satisfactorily compress it all onto a single disc.

But that cant be what you are talking about, because that would be a really, really, huge failure of reading comprehension, so why dont you save me the trouble of looking for what you are talking about and just quote it, or cut and paste it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:52 PM

I kind of made a booboo I see. I'll just let this garbage go. I don't want to be the next WydrA.

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

I kind of made a booboo I see. I'll just let this garbage go. I don't want to be the next WydrA.

Well, Im no stranger to boo boo's.

I dont really think any of us are hyped for these game for reasons like those... Cant speak for these other places you researched, but Im pretty sure most of us here have pretty realistic expectations, and we just really, really, like what we will be realistically getting.

I mean, when was the last time a game like Xenoblade chronicles X was made? The closest you could get would be xenoblade, and even that really wouldnt fit, youd have peices here and there in other games... But really, A game like Xenoblade chronicles X simply hasnt been made for a very, very, long time.

They dont design games like this anymore, they more or less stopped when the switch to 3d happened. ANd for people who are not happy with the world full of shortcuts, fake outs, cheap outs, context sensitive BS replacing actual controls mechanics and concepts, and the design corner cutting everywhere, replaced by cinematics and qte's, rollercoaster rides, and either walking in straight lines, or sand box design, that has become modern design, Having a game made with modern technology, utilizing the design philosophies of snes era epics, is something that is very exciting to an audience that has been marginalized for over a decade.

Im not really talking too much about Zelda, because we just dont really have anything else concrete to talk about, although there is a GREAT map speculation thread I need to finish, thats not the same thing as official info, and for that, we dont have much beyond cryptic anouma comments, like 'When I think about the scale of Zelda U, I always think of Kyoto as my base' Whatever THATS supposed to mean, its not something Im going to immediately take directly at face value. Im looking at whats actually been shown to judge the game by, and whats been shown looks pretty great to me.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

Taken like a man.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:44 PM

EkZfGYO.gif

All of this from someone who sold his wii u.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#20 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

attachicon.gifEkZfGYO.gifAll of this from someone who sold his wii u.

I really didn't want to say anything because I didn't want people to know I sold gamestop a bad Wii U, but.... that Wii U I sold had a tv fall on it and the fan became loud. Gamestop gave me full tradein value for it though. I tried to just casually mention it to them and they said, "We decide what works and what doesn't. It looks fine" It still sounded like a chainsaw playing Sonic Boom.

Of course it might have held up. And I did want a vita at the time.

Edited by AllMyFriendsAreGhosts, 07 February 2015 - 02:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!