120 replies to this topic

#1 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:01 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 08:34 PM.

#2 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Okay I think that this will never happen because the human brain is something that computers cant duplicate no matter what happens. The human brain is way too powerful. Also it is technically impossible to get a computer to be able to think on it's own. It is a known fact that unless if you actually program the robot to kill off the human race it is not possible for it to have any harm to us as a race. Even if it were true I would just go to my grandfathers home (Who is obsessed with survival) and take his HAV (Heavily armored vehicle) and just do what it takes to survive. (Yeah thats right! My grandfather wubs his guns!)

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#3 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

The only issue of the technilogical singularity is that we haven't quite mapped the way free throught works. As long as robots can be programmed by us, they cannot truly evolve. I think the plan is to merge human minds and technology and allow free thought to be programmed. If the singularity happens beforehand, the super technology can only operate within logical bounds even if given rough perameters.
Once the mind and brain can be mapped, technology can be just like a human and truly evolve.

#4 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology, has anyone read this book, it's all about this topic.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

Honestly, I don't think we ever will. The human brain is too complicated to comprehend. It's one of those things that cannot be replicated.
Besides, the more we try and play God, more consequences are going to be put upon us.

Man, I watch too many apocalyptic movies.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

It'll never happen because the world is ending in 9 months.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

It'll never happen because the world is ending in 9 months.

Oh god. 2012 is just a myth. It is not going to happen. (Btw, I'm posting with my 3DS so that is why my post is not purple.)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

Oh god. 2012 is just a myth. It is not going to happen. (Btw, I'm posting with my 3DS so that is why my post is not purple.)

Posted Image
It's real.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler'd for ruining the fun.

Edited by Mournblade, 25 March 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Don't ruin the joke. :(

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

I think this is already happening. We're managing to make computers think and learn. The only thing that's missing is a now"will" which alows thema to be named alive.

Give technology another 20 years, and "living" robots will exist. (and another 20 years and they're advanced enough to do live-like movements. )

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

Posted Image
It's real.

That joke is ridiculously funny and is a plausible guess on what may have happened during the moment they realised it.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:39 AM

The Egyptian calendar ended on 2012 as well.
It's pretty logic, since the Egyptians knew cocaine, which isn't a natural plant in Europe, Africa or Asia. Also, the pyramids may be based on the Mayan pyramids.
Anyways, this proves there was a reason for making it end on 2012. Otherwise they wouldn't have copied it.

#14 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

probably around the 2070's im guessing

Signature_Fox.png

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

I don't think this will happen, ever.

#16 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

I think it's very possible. Brains work just like computers. INPUT->PROCESS->OUTPUT
They even use electricity to send signals. Humans and computers have many in common. In Germany they're even experimenting with implanting camera's for blind people. (It goes very well. They can see again but in a very low resolution. )

It's pretty arrogant to think it isn't possible imao. Humans aren't nearly perfect or magic or whatever.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Posted Image
We're going to augment ourselves at some stage, but I think that's impractical.
We're better off genetically engineering ourselves when that technology improves.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Please kill yourselves before or on December 21 2012, so I don't have to deal with you later in life.

LordPickleton.png

#19 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

Honestly, I think it is more than possible, and could definitely happen someday.

The only thing is that our scientists must realize how dangerous this could end up, so I think they'd be kind of stupid to release it to consumers.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

Did you hear about the Nokia Tattoo Phone. They want to make a tattoo that is a phone by about 2020 search it on Google. Kinda ironic since in the Christian Bible it says at the end of the world the people of earth will be classified by markings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!