Photo

Wii U really is the best console for exclusive games.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:56 PM

Sources (Wikipedia):
List of Xbox One games
List of PlayStation 4 games
List of Wii U software
List of Virtual Console games for Wii U (North America)

Xbox One:
Exclusive or edition = 43/1
Microsoft exclusive = 17
Console exclusive or timed = 39/7
Total not available on other consoles = 60
Total not available on PC = 107

PS4:
Exclusive = 37
Sony Exclusive = 41
Console exclusive or timed = 85/3
Total not available on other consoles = 78
Total not available on PC = 166

Wii U:
Exclusive or edition = 190/13
Nintendo Exclusive = 41
Console exclusive or timed = 127/4
Virtual Console (NES/SNES/GBA) = 72/43/32
Total not available on other consoles = 391
Total not available on PC = 522 (not including Wii Games, WiiWare, or Wii Virtual Console)

Everything else you can pretty much get on PC, and at possibly much cheaper price points (depending on if you can hold out for a bundle/Steam Sale or not). I don't know about you, but I don't see the point of the PS4 and Xbox One where I can have access to a much larger library with a Wii U and a PC.

Edited by grahamf, 01 March 2015 - 06:23 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

Everything else you can pretty much get on PC, and at possibly much cheaper price points (depending on if you can hold out for a bundle/Steam Sale or not). I don't know about you, but I don't see the point of the PS4 and Xbox One where I can have access to a much larger library with a Wii U and a PC.

So happy with my Wii U purchase. I'm not particularly interested in any of the Sony exclusives. What mostly keeps me interested in having Nintendo/Sony over Nintendo/PC is that (as far as I know) the JRPG genre is really lacking on PC.   

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

Yes I have the Wii U and the One and I can definitely say the U gets sooooooo much more play time.  Games on the x1 are so sparce and far between.  Although PC still gets the most use.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

Between my ps4 and wii u.
I play the ps4 much more but I do have a few more games on the wii u then the ps4 tho.

I don't own an x1, and don't plan on it since there isn't anything on it worth it to me.

But with the ps4 there are games that won't ever come to the wii u and I just gotta have (battlefield, mgs, gta, etc...)
But then same for the wii u. Kirby , smash bro, mario etc..

So I guess I'm in between.
I think it just depends on what type of gamer you are as to which system would have the most games
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

I haven't touched my Wii U since I got majora's mask and monster hunter.... then again, I've hardly touched majora's mask because of monster hunter..... I feel so guilty, I love zelda games like I love pizza, but it got over shadowed by my friends wanting to play monster hunter with me every minute of the day...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#6 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

I have wii u and xbone. Xbone is cool, but i have to be in the mood to play it. Wii u has more games that i can play in short bursts.

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

This is a good thread. I was playong through some Wii u oldies but goodies today. Lineup is so varied and great. ZombiU is still amazing and I love W101. Just too many great games to mention yet some still say its not worth a purchase and waiting on a 99 dollar Wii U with pro-controller

#8 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:45 PM

Yeah you know, it's just a matter of preference.

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

Aaaaaaand nobody is surprised.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:56 AM

This thread makes this recent news more relevant,

console-purchase.png?f319f9

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

Does the XBONE not have a Bluray player too? It's a bit ridiculous that the Wii U doesn't to be honest.

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

Does the XBONE not have a Bluray player too? It's a bit ridiculous that the Wii U doesn't to be honest.

honestly no its not.

think about how many people have dvd players or blu ray player. Why would you need your system to also play it.

In all of my life i have only play 1 movie on a system. It was long time ago i play a DVD on a ps2. Then i got a dvd player when i started to get more movies.

Got a blu ray player when i upgraded from then. I was never into wanting a system to play movies. Its meant for games.

xile06 "N" ID

#13 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

honestly no its not.

think about how many people have dvd players or blu ray player. Why would you need your system to also play it.

In all of my life i have only play 1 movie on a system. It was long time ago i play a DVD on a ps2. Then i got a dvd player when i started to get more movies.

Got a blu ray player when i upgraded from then. I was never into wanting a system to play movies. Its meant for games.

Lol that is exactly the same for myself too. DVD with PS2 was a big deal. I still don't have a Bluray player though so I would've welcomed it.

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

Also who buys blu-rays anymore? I mean seriously. Everyone either watches Netflix or uses Redbox machines. I only get a Blu ray for something truly special. Blu ray sales are falling. Heck even steaming services can do 4k now. I got a million things that can play a DVD and PS3 plays blu rays but I never use it.

#15 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

Haha, I still buy DVDs!

And I still have a VCR.

Edited by MarcusT, 02 March 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

Haha, I still buy DVDs!

And I still have a VCR.

I also have a VCR and VHS tapes. Now have you played 45's in your time and 8 tracks? I used to jam to them.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

I watch maybe 1 bluray movie a month, and even less so. Plus I own a dedicated Bluray player that cost $60.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

Haha, I still buy DVDs!

And I still have a VCR.

man thats old school lol....

I use to have one. I used it long time ago as a tv tuner for a monitor that had rca jacks.

but i buy only a few dvds, other then that its all digital i just download them. I got a media box for my tv last year so i use that for my movies. I even gotten a few free movies on the google store lol. I remember checking it one day and lord of the rings was free and 3 other movies.

xile06 "N" ID

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:14 PM

I have two CRT's in the bedroom and a VCR I use for older consoles.

#20 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:28 AM

There are only a few movies i would want on blu ray any way. Saving Private Ryan, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The original Star Wars. Possibly Riddick. I pretty much use Netflix and Amazon Prime for everything anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!