Photo

Does the Gamecube Controller Adaptor work with Brawl or MKWii?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

A few of the original Wii games have support for Gamecube controllers, so to me it's plausible that the GCC Adaptor should work in Wii Mode.

Does it?

Thanks,

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

A few of the original Wii games have support for Gamecube controllers, so to me it's plausible that the GCC Adaptor should work in Wii Mode.

Does it?

Thanks,

No. Nintendo said it works solely with Smash IIRC, which is stupid.

http://www.gamespot....-/1100-6422813/

Edited by Doctor Strange, 21 November 2014 - 07:18 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

No. Nintendo said it works solely with Smash IIRC, which is stupid.

http://www.gamespot....-/1100-6422813/

"The GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U is compatible with Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U specifically - it is not compatible with any other Wii U software," Nintendo said in a statement issued to GameSpot.

"The adapter is also not compatible with Wii and we apologise for any confusion"

Based on this statement there are two facts:

The GameCube Controller Adapter is not compatible with any Wii U game besides Smash Bros

The GameCube Controller Adapter is not compatible with the Wii

It does not say anything about specifically being incompatible with Wii games on a Wii U console.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:24 PM

Based on this statement there are two facts:

The GameCube Controller Adapter is not compatible with any Wii U game besides Smash Bros

The GameCube Controller Adapter is not compatible with the Wii

It does not say anything about specifically being incompatible with Wii games on a Wii U console.

Well, judging by the adapter not working with the Wii, I'd say No. It uses the USB port and IIRC the Wii U doesn't let you use controllers from USB. 

IIRC, the Wii U has a Wii's internals(Edit: It's a similar system architecture, but the point about the OS remains) that it uses in Wii Mode. Judging by how the OS seems to be an exact copy of the Wii's with all it's features intact, I'm guessing they didn't patch it in.

Edited by Doctor Strange, 21 November 2014 - 09:54 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:42 PM

Well an update to the Wii U could see it usable on more games, but I doubt it'll ever be usable in Wii mode, perhaps you could install homebrew as I think I read somewhere that homebrew would allow you to use that adaptor.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 Bort

Bort

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:03 AM

Owners of the adapter have confirmed that it doesn't work in vWii mode. Maybe if enough people complain, there'll be an update supporting it.

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

Owners of the adapter have confirmed that it doesn't work in vWii mode. Maybe if enough people complain, there'll be an update supporting it.

I hope so.

#8 tripletopper

tripletopper

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

The reasons why I want the Game Cube adapter to work in Wii mode on the Wii U: Active Life and Metal Slug Anthology.  The Active life controller is the best combined workout and fun factor if used right.  (The Balance Board can sometimes be fun, but is not as aerobic).  And Metal slug plays awkwardly on a Wii U becuase a) you can't use the classic controllers, and B) without the Game Cube Ports working, you can't use Game Cube controllers on it either.   You'll be motioning for buttons, and pressing buttons in weird places.  Then and only then Nintendo can claim 100% Wii compatibility with Wii U.

With this you can make exergamers that are actually games, not just computer gym trainers.  Games where my actions affect yours and your actions affect mine.   Make a Run And Gun Augment for Splatoon, using the Active Life Pad to determine the speed you run at, and the joypad for direction.   Makes for a more realistic shooter in terms of not being able to go all out all the time.   You have to pace yourself, and pick your moments when you're going to dash.

The Balance board is fine for a Mario Pedal Kart Augment.  I Biked on the Balance Board and it was good exercise, but there may need to pedal speed adjustments so the game has the same speed-feel as Mario Kart 8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!