33 replies to this topic

#1 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

Serious thought here.

New possibility for the game to be better obviously it could be better in a few ways simply due to better hardware.

But the real reason I believe this is that Nintendowill NOT be showing the game at E3 this year. Very strange given that one years E3 is definitely the time to hype a game coming out the following year.

So next years E3 will actually promo the game, which will also be about the time the NX IS FIRST OFICIALLY MENTIONED in a hype capacity.

Given the recent remarks from miyamoto and iwata about the big game launch issue combined with the realization that the wii u is a downhill proposition, it makes sense for nintendo to continue to support wii u, but not pouring liquid gold into a vat with a hole in it.

If the NX launches with Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. It would likely be an instant and possibly unparalleled success, creating instant momentum that will built the mindshare and free hype that will serve to encourage consumers and developers alike.

Personally, though I love the wii u, I feel this is for the best. For the game, for nintendo, and ultimately for the gamer who would've bedt serv d to play this amazing game on the best hardware possible.

Anyone else suspect this?

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:07 PM

No, just..No

NX is 90% going to be a handheld. To delay a console game on the scale of Zelda U for a handheld is a terrible idea.

Wii U Successor will launch probably 2017/2018, I could see them doing another GC/GBA style launch.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:08 PM

No. Stop. No more of this talk. It's dumb to even think that. It's coming` to Wii U period FFS sake he said MULTIPLE TIME ZELDA FOR WII U IN THE DLEAY ANNOUNCEMENT VIDEO!

The reason for not showing it is VERY simple. making a show-able trailer or demo takes TERABYTES OR WORK. Even if the final demo was 300MB. You choose a section you feel is best copy it and set aside round off the edges so it feels more like a complete game with a beginning and end but just a section and it's VERY time consuming.  Having someone sit and play and manipulate the programing to get the shots they need for a trailer is very long and hard work. Trailers are very hard as well because need to make sure all of the super minute graphical details work and wrangle a bunch of randomized things to create a sequence you actually want.

The reason is simple. They don't have the time to have a team make a build for E3 or a demo or else they fall further behind. That's it no NX crap.

Edited by Ryudo, 01 April 2015 - 08:27 PM.

#4 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:04 PM

im still curious on to why everyone thinks the nx will be the next console. It is clearly a handheld, especially sicne the 3ds is "far" older than the wii u (about 6-7 years old by the time we get the nx wii u being maybe 5)

wa3Nq7j.png

#5 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

NX will get the remastered edition a year later.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:14 AM

judge-judy-shake-my-head-gif.gif

Serious thought here.

New possibility for the game to be better obviously it could be better in a few ways simply due to better hardware.

Why don't they just take every game coming out for Wii U now, X, StarFox, Yoshi etc and just delay them all as well to make launch titles for the NX?

Doesn't make any sense. Nintendo built this game for the ground up for the Wii U, it's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and it being the first real open world Zelda... it's just taking time and they rather not rush it to meet a hard deadline and give Wii U owners a meh experience. They want to leave a lasting impression of Zelda on the Wii U, something memorable and exciting and that is what they are working to do.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:52 AM

im still curious on to why everyone thinks the nx will be the next console. It is clearly a handheld, especially sicne the 3ds is "far" older than the wii u (about 6-7 years old by the time we get the nx wii u being maybe 5)

Well, Nintendo announced the Revolution at E3 in 2004, and unveiled it as the Wii a year later at E3 2005. The GC was barely 2.5 years old at the first announcement with sales of 15 million units. The Wii U is about 2.5 years old now, with sales of under 10 million, so it's very possible Nintendo is talking about the Wii U's successor.

Seems to me something might be up with this game. Considering it was originally slated to launch this year, they've shown barely more than mock ups. Perhaps they will prepare a version for the NX.

Edited by Leland, 02 April 2015 - 04:53 AM.

#8 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

Well, Nintendo announced the Revolution at E3 in 2004, and unveiled it as the Wii a year later at E3 2005. 

Not quite.  Revolution was still the name of the wii by E3 2005  and the only things shown was what the console would look like and that smash bros., Mario, and Metriod Prime 3 was in the works or in development but no game play or demos.  E3 2005 was Mircosofts and Sony console reveals

go to 33:33

#9 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

Either way, the timeline still fits. Nintendo first spoke of the Wii 2.5 years after the release of the GC. If history is repeating itself, the NX could be the sucessor to the Wii U.

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

I'm sure Nintendo has considered the very real possibility of just making hardware for handhelds and going third party instead of making home consoles.

You never know, enjoy it while you can becasue Wii U could be the last.

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

I'm sure Nintendo has considered the very real possibility of just making hardware for handhelds and going third party instead of making home consoles.

You never know, enjoy it while you can becasue Wii U could be the last.

• Nintendo, while sales on Wii U are not good, are making a profit on the hardware
  • PS3 and 360 losses totaled about 8 billion dollars

• I don't think MS ever made a profit from their gaming division

• While ps4 sales are good, it hardly is eating into the losses.
  • Nintendo would loose revenue going 3rd party, hardware and software is a key to their business and they've said dedicated devices could possibly increase, not decrease.
  • I agree, Wii U could be the last (no one knows what the future holds), but to make it fair, your statement could be held true for Sony and Microsoft.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

judge-judy-shake-my-head-gif.gif

Why don't they just take every game coming out for Wii U now, X, StarFox, Yoshi etc and just delay them all as well to make launch titles for the NX?

Doesn't make any sense. Nintendo built this game for the ground up for the Wii U, it's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and it being the first real open world Zelda... it's just taking time and they rather not rush it to meet a hard deadline and give Wii U owners a meh experience. They want to leave a lasting impression of Zelda on the Wii U, something memorable and exciting and that is what they are working to do.

Now ask yourself... "Would any other of these titles have the epic impact of Zelda?"

Nintendo isn't going to abandon the wii u. Not their style.

But why take the biggest, best game they've ever made and not give it the best chance to succeed?

Sure it will find success on the Wii u. But it will be limited only by the popularity of the wii u itself.

But consider that nintendo also stated during the announcement of the Wii u delay that the biggest issue for them is having the big guns ready for system launch when they release new consoles.

I'm not a prophet. I don't know what Nintendo is going to do.

But it wouldn't surprise me if they did prefer to have this as an NX launch title.

And it would make financial sense as well. They are obviously pouring tons of resources into this game. Be nice to get those back in spades.

The biggest baddest Zelda ever running on hardware that allows it to curbstomp the othe other guys visually, etc. And possibly with some new innovations we haven't heard of before? Easy to see how that's a recipe for success.

Even though My wii u hasn't been all I wanted it to be and I'm STILL WAITING FOR THE KINDS OF GAMES I WANT TO PLAY (x, Zelda, metroid, etc) I won't be bothered at all by this game going to a new system. Normally I would be. But the Wii u is not a success, despite the wonderful efforts going to produce great software for it.

No reason to deliver/export the best luxury car you have and strap it to a sinking ship.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 02 April 2015 - 11:25 AM.

#13 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

I think I'm fine with it if Nintendo pulls a Twilight and puts this on the next console also as a launch title. But I want to be able to upgrade from the Wii U version for little or no cost.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:25 AM

I think I'm fine with it if Nintendo pulls a Twilight and puts this on the next console also as a launch title. But I want to be able to upgrade from the Wii U version for little or no cost.

If there is a wii u version. Agreed.

And having that game at launch did wonders for the Wii.

Nearly 6 million copies sold on wii vs a little over 1 million for GameCube.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 02 April 2015 - 11:30 AM.

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

Now ask yourself... "Would any other of these titles have the epic impact of Zelda?"

Nintendo isn't going to abandon the wii u. Not their style.

But why take the biggest, best game they've ever made and not give it the best chance to succeed?

Sure it will find success on the Wii u. But it will be limited only by the popularity of the wii u itself.

But consider that nintendo also stated during the announcement of the Wii u delay that the biggest issue for them is having the big guns ready for system launch when they release new consoles.

I'm not a prophet. I don't know what Nintendo is going to do.

But it wouldn't surprise me if they did prefer to have this as an NX launch title.

And it would make financial sense as well. They are obviously pouring tons of resources into this game. Be nice to get those back in spades.

The biggest baddest Zelda ever running on hardware that allows it to curbstomp the othe other guys visually, etc. And possibly with some new innovations we haven't heard of before? Easy to see how that's a recipe for success.

Even though My wii u hasn't been all I wanted it to be and I'm STILL WAITING FOR THE KINDS OF GAMES I WANT TO PLAY (x, Zelda, metroid, etc) I won't be bothered at all by this game going to a new system. Normally I would be. But the Wii u is not a success, despite the wonderful efforts going to produce great software for it.

No reason to deliver/export the best luxury car you have and strap it to a sinking ship.

I don't see it. I see them releasing it on Wii U (not even a cross gen game to NX if and what that comes to be). I see them using the engine, assets created to build another open world Zelda in another 2ish years after Zelda U comes out... which should be in time for a launch of their next console. It won't take as long to build another open world zelda game because the ground work will already be done, they can simply expand, tweak, add features, content and anything else they feel in a more timely manner.

I think it's way too early to consider a new home console coming out in 2016. Is that what you are betting on? 

Oh and basically Aonuma is lying when he says " Zelda on Wii U" ?   ^_^

The only part of the next console/Zelda U conspiracy I'll add is this.... what if?

• Zelda U delayed because development team was shrunk
  • Moved some key members to start work on a launch Zelda title for "NX"
  • Zelda U delayed because of this, so it releases in 2016
  • Team members added back full force to continue work on next Zelda title to launch on NX in 2017/18

kingofpopcorn1.gif

#16 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

Nintendo has many projects and instead of having two games of the year candidate the other being xenoblade chronicles x just focus on one

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

Nintendo has many projects and instead of having two games of the year candidate the other being xenoblade chronicles x just focus on one

Which is actually the "problem" with Nintendos lack of third party support.

You're limited to one.

Vs. other consoles you can have multiple.

Hopefully that changes with the Wii u successor.

#18 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

I don't think people should completely dismiss the idea that Zelda U is only coming to Wii U, period.

After Reading the OP, i was remembered that in 2010, Nintendo showed SS at E3 and said that they wanted the game to be out later that year. The result: it came out a year later than planned.

Doesn't seem much, but then i went and looked for something about Nintendo announcing TP for Wii... just to check the dates.

Funny thing came out that i didn't even remember:

""After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess," said Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. "Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."" - IGN, 16/08/2015

Doesn't that sound familiar?
And remember the game was meant to be released in a few months time (November, to be precise).

Other comment from Perrin Kaplan:

""But we feel a commitment to the GameCube owners who've been patiently awaiting this new Zelda title, and don't want to force them to wait and buy a brand new system in order to play the game.""

Did that stop the game being on two consoles? No. Heck, it didn't even stop from releasing last on GC - even if a few weeks later than the Wii version.

Maybe this time it's different... maybe it's not.

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

That proves nothing. Ocarina of Time was supposed to be 1997. WW was supposed to be 2002. Majoras Mask was pushed to 2000 when rumors and speculation of Nintendo 2000/Project Dolphin which btw was supposed to launch in 2000.

#20 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:16 AM

Bear in mind we still don't know what the NX is. If it's somehow continuous with the prexisting hardware, as one of the images seemed to weakly suggest, it's quite possible the later Wii U games will be used as "launch titles".

I really don't care at this point, I only care that it's coming to the Wii U as that's one of the main reasons I bought the console. The odds of them cancelling it for the Wii U are extremely small I'd say, given how much work they've put into developing it on the platform.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!