• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

OR: Figure out means to make Voice Chat unnecessary, such as Four-person teams.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#22 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

https://www.youtube....ayer_detailpage

Edited by GAMER1984, 10 April 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#23 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:46 AM

It's stupid that they don't give an option and think no option is somehow the better way to go. It takes a true Nintendo employee to use that kind of logic.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#24 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:23 AM

The only reason I see it being removed is they're worried about what could be said to minors. If you're worried about your kids, have a parental control restriction.

That's exactly what drives them to make things awkward and not be bothered with basic modern features we have come to expect since last gen. Messaging, lobbies and voice chat.

I've said it before but you are right, Nintendo prioritise and over obsess about peadofile's over in Japan. You have to wonder who their target audience is with the mobile announcement when kids don't usually have phones and who their target audience SHOULD be for console when the average gamer these days are getting older.

Edited by Scumbag, 11 April 2015 - 03:26 AM.

#25 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

I've said it before but you are right, Nintendo prioritise and over obsess about peadofile's over in Japan. 

I really think they are "too japanese" and too traditional. Get rid of these dinosaur executives that dan adelman was talking about and change up the structure of management because from what he says it really sounds like it is holding the company back in terms of modernising.

I don't want Nintendo to change completely, I still want them to do their own thing and be unique but there are great features on all the other consoles that they should be implementing as well, like voice chat and other ways to communicate with friends. 

#26 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:06 PM

If you want that then that's what Sony is for.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#27 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:37 PM

If you want that then that's what Sony is for.

Well, Sony can't bring us Splatoon with voice chat.

#28 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:44 PM

Splatoon has no voice chat, "Oh mah gawd nintendo is so behind the times"

Dark souls doesn't have voice chat "oh mah gawd they're so progressive"

Edited by Ryudo, 11 April 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#29 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

Why the heck would anyone want to talk over the great music and sound effects anyways? 

tumblr_inline_mxoeltkiu91rzzyac.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#30 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

Journey has no voice chat but I don't see anyone complaining.

#31 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:14 PM

Just a question, does the Wii U allow voice chat within the OS itself. As in, one person could be playing a different game or no game at all but be able to voice chat with people in their friends list?

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#32 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

Just a question, does the Wii U allow voice chat within the OS itself. As in, one person could be playing a different game or no game at all but be able to voice chat with people in their friends list?

Gamepad has a mic on it and you can video chat. MK8 lets you post match. Again I say why is it a big deal people praise Dark Souls and Journey and niether have voice chat either.

#33 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:54 PM

Gamepad has a mic on it and you can video chat. MK8 lets you post match. Again I say why is it a big deal people praise Dark Souls and Journey and niether have voice chat either.

Because those games aren't team-based shooters that would actually benefit from voice chat? In Dark Souls/Journey, the multiplayer is about the interactions with complete strangers when they were in your world; you weren't supposed to communicate with them outside of vague hints in Dark Souls that were meant for the player to figure out and decide to trust. Here, the multiplayer is more team-based than most other shooters, so the lack of vocal communication between teammates is actually a big deal because you can't strategize about the best ways to cover an area or call for help when something unexpected happens. It's like not being able to speak to your teammates in a sport or your co-workers on a project.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#34 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:49 PM

Why are you comparing Spatoon to other team based shooters? A game none of us have played but looking at it may as well compare Mario Kart 8 to Driveclub if you keep comparing it to other team based shooters.  You race so must be the same right? It may not even be needed in Splatoon.

In Dark Souls it would be nice to communicate telling a dude how to strategize on a boss. Instead the series uses emotes from MMO's in the 90s.

Edited by Ryudo, 11 April 2015 - 08:51 PM.

#35 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:51 PM

But can you voice chat across games like I asked? Well not necessarily across games but just to other friends while in-game through the OS.

Why are you comparing Spatoon to other team based shooters? A game none of us have played but looking at it may as well compare Mario Kart 8 to Driveclub if you keep comparing it to other team based shooters.  You race so must be the same right? It may not even be needed in Splatoon.

In Dark Souls it would be nice to communicate telling a dude how to strategize on a boss. Instead the series uses emotes from MMO's in the 90s.

Are you being serious? I really can't tell. Journey? That game not including voice chat can easily be overlooked but a team-based shooter such as Splatoon voice chat would definitely be ideal. Upon searching it seems that Dark Souls lacks voice chat but Dark Souls II doesn't so I'm not sure where you're getting your information from.

So you're claiming coordination and communication wont be necessary in Splatoon? It's a team based shooter, we know enough about it to know that voice communication would only enhance the experience.  

Edited by CUD, 11 April 2015 - 10:52 PM.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#36 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:17 AM

But can you voice chat across games like I asked? Well not necessarily across games but just to other friends while in-game through the OS.

Are you being serious? I really can't tell. Journey? That game not including voice chat can easily be overlooked but a team-based shooter such as Splatoon voice chat would definitely be ideal. Upon searching it seems that Dark Souls lacks voice chat but Dark Souls II doesn't so I'm not sure where you're getting your information from.

So you're claiming coordination and communication wont be necessary in Splatoon? It's a team based shooter, we know enough about it to know that voice communication would only enhance the experience.  

No you cannot chat across games with friends, there's no "party" system like on xbox or whatever the equivalent is on playstation. The only way you can communicate with your friends is to go onto miiverse and send them a private message or use the video chat (which is in a separate app so you cannot do anything else while using it).

I could understand Nintendo not putting voice chat in MK8 during races, I don't want to chat to people when I'm racing. Then they decided not to bother with voice chat in Smash, which i was really disappointed with. One of the biggest parts of smash is smack talking to your friends while you are kicking their ass, we all do it. And now, in a team based shooter i cannot talk to my teammates or even my friends.

I understand there are people who aren't bothered about voice chat, but to defend this decision and say Nintendo are right to take away options from their customers just makes you come across as a fanboy who thinks they can do no wrong. Nintendo need to stop with this nanny state bs, the majority of their fans are not children anymore, and even with children there are some very simple features which can be added for parents to stop their children using voice chat (like an "off" switch!).

Edited by Hunter, 12 April 2015 - 04:18 AM.

#37 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:43 AM

No you cannot chat across games with friends, there's no "party" system like on xbox or whatever the equivalent is on playstation. The only way you can communicate with your friends is to go onto miiverse and send them a private message or use the video chat (which is in a separate app so you cannot do anything else while using it).

Ah, that's what I thought might be the case. That makes this much worse and comparisons to Dark Souls or other PS or Xbox games that lack voice chat are even less valid considering this.

Agreed with the rest of your post. I really don't see how this decision could be defended.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#38 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

Why are you comparing Spatoon to other team based shooters? A game none of us have played but looking at it may as well compare Mario Kart 8 to Driveclub if you keep comparing it to other team based shooters. You race so must be the same right? It may not even be needed in Splatoon.

Even from the trailers any reasonably intelligent person can see that Splatoon is modeled after squad-based shooters, so voice chat is a pretty glaring omission.

#39 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

If there was voice chat in game i see myself using it more just to chit chat with friends while playing then using it for strategy.

There are built in taunts/trash talk emotes in game.

Honestly the games/matches seem like they are fast paced enough and the map itself tells you pretty much all you need to know about what needs to be done by your team.

Many hands on gamers who had time with this don't make such a big deal about voice chat.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#40 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

Bloodborne doesn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!