NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

From http://www.dualshock...itive-feedback/

Wii U Exclusive Xenoblade Chronicles X Makes Japanese Viewers Go Crazy: Overwhelming 98% Positive Feedback

CrazyJapaneseWoman.gif

If you’ve followed my coverage of Xenoblade Chronicles X, you probably already know that the game really makes me squeal with glee every time I see it.

Looks like I’m not the only one, and most of the 31,331 Japanese viewers that watched today’sawesome mecha-focused broadcast on Nico Nico agree.

Nico Nico has a rating system that prompts viewers to vote their approval (or disapproval) of each broadcast, and boy, did they love this one (you can see a screencap of the results at the bottom of the post, with the comments going absolutely bonkers in the background).

• It was very good: 95.5%
  • It was pretty good: 2.3%
  • It was average: 0.9%
  • It wasn’t very good: 0.2%
  • It was bad: 1.1%

That’s nearly 98% positive feedback (97.8% to be precise). What surprises the most is the absolutely overwhelming 95.5% that voted the most positive option. I can definitely say that in several years of watching gaming content on Nico Nico, I never once saw this kind of crazy result.

For comparison’s sake, the very successful launch count down of the PS4 was liked “only” by 87.8% of the viewers, with 75.2% voting the best option.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:42 PM

This game is so close to perfection, it's stunning.

Just a few weird details that will probably only bug you the first time you see them, like how the dolls disappear when they're destroyed instead of having an explosion or something, and how your character just falls out. Couldn't they be ejected with a parachute or something? Oh well, I guess that's not needed when there's no fall damage.

Edit: I'm really not trying to be negative about this, even if I sound it. This game looks like it could be one of the greatest games ever, I'm just annoyed that it's missing weird little details when otherwise it's perfect.

Edited by Batbot, 11 April 2015 - 07:40 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

YThz3hr.gif

This game tickles my pickle

#4 SAVAGE420

SAVAGE420

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:39 PM

When is the North american release date? Is it confirmed?  :excl:

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

When is the North american release date? Is it confirmed?  :excl:

No date yet but yes it's been confirmed a 100x over for the US. It is 2015 they are in the middle of localization now.

#6 SAVAGE420

SAVAGE420

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:42 PM

No date yet but yes it's been confirmed a 100x over for the US. It is 2015 they are in the middle of localization now.

Awesome,thanx for that.

Pretty excited for this game.

#7 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

giphy.gif

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:43 PM

Mmmmmm young Meg Ryan......oh yeah XenoMeg..something

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:30 PM

Does localisation start after the game's completion or something? Surely if they get the newest builds they can continue to translate all the new screens as they're added, and only release a month or two behind. I'm not very familiar with this though, would a release roughly 2 months after Japan be feasible?

bi5tzqg.gif

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:45 PM

Does localisation start after the game's completion or something? Surely if they get the newest builds they can continue to translate all the new screens as they're added, and only release a month or two behind. I'm not very familiar with this though, would a release roughly 2 months after Japan be feasible?

It's just a big game and a lot to translate is all.  XB did not release in English until a full year after it's Japanese one. They are likely just translating right now mostly text and may to VA later or are in the process of it now. Trails in the Sky 2 was supposed to be for PSP but that game has so much text it's been taking several years and set to release on PS3 this year. For reference it came out in Japan in 2007. Some games just take a while. I would think XCX has a bigger team tho plus no game has as much text as TITS2.

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

giphy.gif

The guy looking over her shoulder ruins it lol.

I am hoping this game sells like hot cakes and moves consoles. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#12 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:37 PM

It's just a big game and a lot to translate is all.  XB did not release in English until a full year after it's Japanese one. 

Wait weren't they not going to release XB in English until the petitions and stuff? So localisation for that game would have started much later, right? Or am I completely wrong..

bi5tzqg.gif

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

Wait weren't they not going to release XB in English until the petitions and stuff? So localisation for that game would have started much later, right? Or am I completely wrong..

No. XB was released in the UK in 2011 as was Pandoras Tower and The Last Story and where in English. It was North America NOA that refused to release them until after all the noise was made.

#14 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:20 AM

No. XB was released in the UK in 2011 as was Pandoras Tower and The Last Story and where in English. It was North America NOA that refused to release them until after all the noise was made.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I didn't really follow videogame news back then.

bi5tzqg.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!