NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:12 AM

From http://wiiudaily.com...sign-trademark/

According to the trademark filing, the Select, Start, B, A layout is what most concerns Nintendo, as it is the specific part of the patent that they’ve reacquired. You’ll remember back in 2005 the patent for the cross-shaped D-Pad expired, meaning other companies like Sony and Microsoft could begin using it without fear of being sued by Nintendo.

Will we be seeing a throwback controller with the NX? There’s tons of speculation on what could be done, including Nintendo building a throwback controller accessory for their upcoming mobile games

NES_controller_by_staplefish.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

I don't know if this is common or not but this surely wouldn't cross my mind.

Is Nintendo playing it safe?

I have a theory... kinda. :)

Some time ago i imagined releasing a Wii U HW version remembering NES, SNES, N64 and GC.
This would mean that you'd have a Wii U themed console PLUS all launch games of that specific console and the actual controller to go along with those games.

That way you could appeal to older gamers and allow them to revist their favourite console in the most original way as possible.

Would be cool if that happened! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!