Photo

What Movie adaptations of a games do you tolerate or even like?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

Most of them are pretty bad. Actually all them are bad just some are less terrible but I actually like a few of them. Regardless of how related to the source material they actually are. I'm going list my 3 favourites from top being my most liked one to the last one I thought was tolerable.

So first up is the Silent Hill Movie. To be honest though I probably only like this Movie because I haven't actually played a Silent Hill game before so It's not exactly trouncing on a beloved franchise of mine. In fact this was sort of my introduction to the series as back in 2006 I wasn't very knowledgeable about third parties let alone games that came out on the PS2 or Xbox. Actually was the Xbox360 out by then? bah I'm to lazy to look it up right now, anyway; after watching it I searched up more about the games years later and although I won't play them. (I have a thing about scary games... I just can't play the darned things.) I really enjoy the music of the series.

Number two is the Resident Evil Movie series. I've played a lot of Resident Evil Zero before I ever heard about the first Movie and since the game terrified me. (Seriously, scary games and me just don't mix.) I watched it with an old friend of mine and enjoyed the films quite a bit, they're not the greatest Zombie flicks but I've seen far... far worse. I'm really looking forward to the next one because I hear Leon will be making a cameo. I'm still stuck in the farm area of RE4 so he's the most Recognizable character I'll come across in the Movie Series. (Stuck because I fear what's ahead... Watched my friend play during the later levels and knew I wasn't going to make it that far...)

Number three; The Super Mario Bros. Movie, it's hilarious... I saw it on the Disney channel once when I was younger and I just couldn't believe how badly they messed it up. I remember making fun of the Goomba costumes with my little brother and sister and just face palming whenever they said something stupid, which was most of the time.

So post your most liked/tolerated Movie adaptations of Video games and Why you like/tolerate them.

Edited by Count GaroIymar, 19 January 2012 - 01:38 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

None for me.

I have never liked or enjoyed any movie based on a video game.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

I tolerate nothing even though it goes against my ways. All those game movies have no reason or right to exist in the form they do. Mario bros is a guilty pleasure though lol.

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

Sonic the Hedgehog Movie was awesome.

KNUCKLES WEARS A FRIGGIN' HAT!!!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:16 AM

Actually, I thought the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time movie was pretty dang awesome.

...and truth be told, that's the only video game movie I've ever watched...although the Tomb Raider movies looked decent at least. xP

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 ThePumpkinKing

ThePumpkinKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Fandom:
    Spider-Man, Professor Layton

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

A Zelda movie, if done right, it would be really good.

Professor layton movies are really good, so I tolerate that.
Recently Watched Movies: The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man (Favorite of this year), The Avengers.

Current Games I'm Playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Okami HD, LittleBigPlanet

What I'm Geeking Out For This Month: The Amazing Spider-Man DVD Release, and of course, The WiiU

#7 ThePumpkinKing

ThePumpkinKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Fandom:
    Spider-Man, Professor Layton

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

A Zelda movie, if done right, it would be really good.

Professor layton movies are really good, so I tolerate that.
Recently Watched Movies: The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man (Favorite of this year), The Avengers.

Current Games I'm Playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Okami HD, LittleBigPlanet

What I'm Geeking Out For This Month: The Amazing Spider-Man DVD Release, and of course, The WiiU

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

pokemon movies!! the old ones at least, havent seen the newer ones, but the old ones were good :)

everytime i play zelda i want a zelda movie badly, but i dont trust anyone at all to make it right, and i refuse for it to be done wrong. so in effect i would hate a zelda movie, just because im 99% sure they would mess it up. (and it would have to be fully 3D animated, not live action).
Posted Image

#9 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Oh yeah, the old Pokemon movies aren't so bad. I actually enjoyed some of them! I even saw the first Pokemon movie in theater. :3 The last couple of episodes of Kirby Right Back At Ya were also combined and made into a movie special. (In Japan, they just showed the separate episodes until the end.) I really enjoyed the Kirby "movie." xD

I heard Tomb Raider movies were pretty good. I remember seeing one of those movies and it wasn't so bad! They're not one of the best all-time films, but at least they didn't messed up. :P

#10 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

I enjoyed the video game adaption of the Super Mario Movie. The movie itself is nightmare worthy.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#11 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Here is my top 3
1. Resident Evil
2. Pokemon
3. Devil May Cry (They made an anime of it)

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#12 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

I believe the op is talking strictly about live action XD Of course the animations are good they aren't made by Hollywood lol

#13 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

My favorite is the Tekken movie, the costume designs stay (mostly) true to the game and the story is more or less the same.

e674231265.jpg

#14 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

I liked the Prince of Persia, but it had a few "off" parts to it.

#15 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Movies made from games sometimes suck and sometimes they don't.
I have been only been satisfied with the Resident Evil movies and Pokemon movies, also the Super Mario Anime movie was good too. (with translation obviously)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#16 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

Truth be told, the Super Mario Bros. movie is actually one of my favorites.
Posted Image

#17 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

PIKA PIKA
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#18 NovusRex

NovusRex

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Pokemon, Assassins Creed, Doom

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

Resident evil: I like them. Ofcourse they are not masterpieces, but I don't mind watching them.

Prince of Persia: It wasn't bad at all. Again, not a masterpiece but it never tried to be.

I wouldn't mind an Assassin's Creed movie, Ubisoft even has this idea. However, Ubisoft want to control about the whole process and the big moviestudios aren't up to it. Guess this movie will have to wait a while, if it's going to happen.

#19 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

I tolerate the RE movies, but don't like them all that much. The last few RE movies sorta sucked but the first few were cool.
1.Resident Evil
2.Doom
3.Prince of Persia
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#20 dkrumble725

dkrumble725

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Chrono Trigger, SMT, DKC, and alot more.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

I've never liked a video game based movie, but I think that this looks pretty frig'n awesome.

It's always better if you haven't played the game, but then it might just seem strange.
Posted Image
I SHALL PASS WITH RAMBI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!