15 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

more_mario_kart_8_dlc_planned-700x394.jp

Nintendo says they’re not finished making Mario Kart 8 DLC, with focus aimed at maintaining player interest by introducing additional download content between now and March 2016.

Spelled out within the fine print of Nintendo’s most recent consolidated financial statements, dated May 7, Nintendo plans to release more Mario Kart 8 DLC through March 2016. It’s part of their outlook for the current fiscal year, ending March 31, 2016.

“Specifically, by sequentially introducing additional download content for blockbuster titles such as ‘Mario Kart 8’ and ‘Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U,’ we aim to keep these titles played more actively,” Nintendo revealed.

Download content could be anything ranging from a new line of Mii racing suits — accessible via free software update — to more tracks, vehicles, and iconic characters. Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 released April 23, adding three new racers, four new vehicles, and eight new tracks.

We already know Nintendo plans to release more download content for both versions of Super Smash Bros.; Lucas joins the battle in June. That’s just the beginning, too, as Nintendo’s Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot lets fans vote for their favorite fighter.

As of March 31, 2015, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U have sold a total of 5.11 million and 3.65 million units, respectively, worldwide.

Be sure to follow Nintendo News on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for the latest Mario Kart 8 coverage.

http://nintendonews....-8-dlc-planned/

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

I predicted this in the e3 thread . Makes pefect sense. It sold well, was well received.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:52 PM

Not that i mind more tracks, but i can't feel that this might be too much and that the next game will feel a bit slim when it comes out...

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

Not that i mind more tracks, but i can't feel that this might be too much and that the next game will feel a bit slim when it comes out...

I don't think so. Take all this DLC as Nintendo having HD ready assets for the next version. It will speed up the process of making the next Mario Kart or Nintendo Kart title and allow them to broaden out more features, mechanics, tracks  etc. 

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

YES!!!

#6 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

How about some Captain Toad or Bayonetta 2 DLC? Seems boring if they're only going to focus on Smash and Mario kart all year.

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:54 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Mario Kart 8 DLC is the best DLC ever.

No sig.

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:25 AM

How about some Captain Toad or Bayonetta 2 DLC? Seems boring if they're only going to focus on Smash and Mario kart all year.

Those games would not really benefit from DLC, you already have nintendo costumes in Bayo, amiibo support in captain toad and plus the game is filled with many levels anyway.

It only makes sense for Nintendo to spend time, money and resources where the audience is bigger and in the type of games that have a great replay value.

#9 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:45 AM

Those games would not really benefit from DLC, you already have nintendo costumes in Bayo, amiibo support in captain toad and plus the game is filled with many levels anyway.

It only makes sense for Nintendo to spend time, money and resources where the audience is bigger and in the type of games that have a great replay value.

I know that but I wish they'd go for the quality over the money

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

I wouldn't mind another book for Captain Toad though.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:15 AM

So is this battle mode then?

#12 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

I think it's clear that mario kart 9 or 10 needs to really be more nintendo themed. smash bros it up.

#13 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

I think it's clear that mario kart 9 or 10 needs to really be more nintendo themed. smash bros it up.

For DLC it could really be a great idea.

Being able to play on some Earthbound, Kirby, Metroid tracks would be pretty cool. And if you could have those characters, even better!

#14 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

The third dlc pack should be items based on the first two packs

#15 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:07 AM

The new DLC is so good. Better than the first in my book. Love the stages they make for awesome gameplay. So I am all for another DLC... though I do think 200cc is just too much. Save the speed for F-Zero (assuming we get a game on Wii U).

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

The third DLC should contain proper battle arenas

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!