63 replies to this topic

#41 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:22 AM

I tried it. It was what I expected, a really good take on online shooters. I don't like online shooters, so it wasn't for me, but a great game of course. They should have some idea on how to compensate for lack of voice chat though.

#42 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:50 AM

I do like owning the game physically, but I find myself neglecting games that I have physically because I have to get up to change discs :P Damn, I'm lazy.

Lol, it feels satisfying to me (especially in a 3DS) I just like removing and inserting cartridges :D

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#43 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

I do like owning the game physically, but I find myself neglecting games that I have physically because I have to get up to change discs :P Damn, I'm lazy.

I've been guilty of this to. lol. I like buying digitally but there's always that small concern about what if a company goes out of business or some legal issue comes up and you can't re-download certain games if you lose them. 

#44 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

I want to play again already. I'm so depressed now that it's over. :(

Edited by Great Sage Dante, 10 May 2015 - 01:00 PM.

#45 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

58ecaaa788.jpg

i cant believe someone actually thinks like this

#46 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

People keep on forgetting that Nintendo is going for the largest market possible, and that is people who effectively won't disable voice chat yet will either be turned off by manchild screaming and tell everyone considering the game about the manchild screaming; or may actually receive harm. Nintendo had to disable flipnote for 3DS because some guys managed to lure some little girls to them and rape them. No matter which way you cut it, you have to realize that it is better for Nintendo to just completely do away with voice chat.

Maybe if it ends up that Splatoon's market mostly overlaps with people that really want voice chat

Edited by grahamf, 10 May 2015 - 07:59 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#47 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:22 AM

Voice chat would only be beneficial in a competitive type match where you are playing with a squad of friends against another team. Otherwise, if voice chat is available in the normal online match half the people are going to have it disabled/muted, not have a mic, or not communicate anything of substance.

splatoon_mariners_ads.jpg?w=825&h=510&cr

Cool, even if NOA owns the team. :)

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#48 ukinsiderNX

ukinsiderNX

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

NO WII REMOTE IS UNFORGIVABLE 

BUT THE 9AXIS GIVES MOUSE AIMING AND ITS 100% AMAZING 

stick aiming needs to dig a hole climb in cut its own throat and get a freind to bury it MY BIGGEST PET HATE ABOUT MS AND SONY FANBOYS IS THERE BLATANT IGNORING OF THIS TRUTH 

anolog stick aiming-caming is robotic-slow-janky-clumsy-soaked in software assist bot aim   and IS THE FURTHEST THING AWAY FROM CORE GAMING 

no dualshock or x pad can come even close to wii remote or gamepads 9 axis mouse ITS A MATTER OF MOUSE AIMING FACT

im sick of casuals claiming THERE THE CORE if your core you embrace MOUSE AIMING 

eurogamer.com SPLATOONS 9AXIS IS AKIN TO MOUSE AIMING AND IS MUCH BETTER THAN ANOLOG STICK 

good for you eurogamer TALKING TRUTH

#49 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

So sad I didn't get the chance to participate in the global test fire, working sucks :(

But at least I heard and read a bunch of positive feedback on here and from friends.

Totally looking forward to this even more later this month!

#50 Jenni

Jenni

♡Starship Amazing Fangirl♡

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • NNID:CandiBunni
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name! (; A ;)

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:25 PM

NO WII REMOTE IS UNFORGIVABLE 

BUT THE 9AXIS GIVES MOUSE AIMING AND ITS 100% AMAZING 

stick aiming needs to dig a hole climb in cut its own throat and get a freind to bury it MY BIGGEST PET HATE ABOUT MS AND SONY FANBOYS IS THERE BLATANT IGNORING OF THIS TRUTH 

anolog stick aiming-caming is robotic-slow-janky-clumsy-soaked in software assist bot aim   and IS THE FURTHEST THING AWAY FROM CORE GAMING 

no dualshock or x pad can come even close to wii remote or gamepads 9 axis mouse ITS A MATTER OF MOUSE AIMING FACT

im sick of casuals claiming THERE THE CORE if your core you embrace MOUSE AIMING 

eurogamer.com SPLATOONS 9AXIS IS AKIN TO MOUSE AIMING AND IS MUCH BETTER THAN ANOLOG STICK 

good for you eurogamer TALKING TRUTH

The motion controls with the Wii U gamepad are not as precise and easy to control as, say, a mouse. It's too floaty. That being said, I would rather be using a thumbstick than be forced to twist my controller every which way. Players should be allowed to choose what is most comfortable for them. Just because you fancy one doesn't mean that those who prefer the other should be left in the dust. That's selfish, and it puts those who are not capable of using quite as well as the other at an inherent disadvantage when there doesn't need to be one.

Voice chat would only be beneficial in a competitive type match where you are playing with a squad of friends against another team. Otherwise, if voice chat is available in the normal online match half the people are going to have it disabled/muted, not have a mic, or not communicate anything of substance.

*snip*

Even if that may be the case, it should still be an option for those who want it. It could be disabled by default, yet made clear to all that it's an option (and its benefits also made note of) if they ever wish to use it. Those who don't can keep on playing the game without it, while those that have enabled VC will only be able to communicate with others who have done the same. Muting players should also be an option given to those that enable VC, and any players routinely found to be causing trouble would be automatically muted, requiring players to manually unmute them if they wish to hear them speak.

Edited by Bubblegum, 11 May 2015 - 03:26 PM.

4t1pzys.png

#51 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

Game looked as good as Mario Kart 8 IMO. It's funny how Wii U has a screen in the controller like Dreamcast. Mario Kart 8 a bunch of it is modeled after Sega Transformed (which was modeled after MK7..funy cycle) Splatoon is Nintendo's funky attitude game that has a similar feel as Jet Set Radio and Xenoblade Chronicles X is similar in many ways to Phantasy Star series off and online. Nintendo is turning a tad bit into old SEGA. The good one. It's just funny to see. The less they rely on Mario the better. Keep Mario of course just branch out more like they have been. No voice chat,doesn't need it. Get over it. Splatoon should do with shooters MK did to racing and Smash did to fighting but this time does not rely on Mario's stache. That is what they should and looks like they are aiming to do for the future.

#52 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

I tried it. It was what I expected, a really good take on online shooters. I don't like online shooters, so it wasn't for me, but a great game of course. They should have some idea on how to compensate for lack of voice chat though.

From what I played. The main online mode is about covering ink, you see a spot with no ink or enemy ink? cover it. See that X? A team-mate died. More too. VC isn't that important in the main mode, though may see more use in the ranked battles.
But Splatoon does not need voice chat, the Wii U does. I won't ever use it probably, but they kinda had a idea with Wii U chat, and it never happened. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#53 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:18 AM

Another decent commercial, more kid focused this time

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#54 ukinsiderNX

ukinsiderNX

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

The motion controls with the Wii U gamepad are not as precise and easy to control as, say, a mouse. It's too floaty. That being said, I would rather be using a thumbstick than be forced to twist my controller every which way. Players should be allowed to choose what is most comfortable for them. Just because you fancy one doesn't mean that those who prefer the other should be left in the dust. That's selfish, and it puts those who are not capable of using quite as well as the other at an inherent disadvantage when there doesn't need to be one.

Even if that may be the case, it should still be an option for those who want it. It could be disabled by default, yet made clear to all that it's an option (and its benefits also made note of) if they ever wish to use it. Those who don't can keep on playing the game without it, while those that have enabled VC will only be able to communicate with others who have done the same. Muting players should also be an option given to those that enable VC, and any players routinely found to be causing trouble would be automatically muted, requiring players to manually unmute them if they wish to hear them speak.

im sorry buts its TWIN STICK CASUALS WHO ARE SELFISH-SCARED OFBA LEARNING CURV -JELOUS-DUMB ABOUT CONTROLS 

wii remote and plus and 9 axis DESTROY stick aiming witch ENGINEERING FACTwas never designed for aiming and has massive software assistence to help it 

it also makes the camera move robotically and unrealistic and when you aim its like aiming on a flat 2d board COD is soaked in bot aim because of this OUT DATED SILLY AIMING 

freely aiming about the screen to the MM without that horrible robotic camera motion is a godsent 

im a god with a wii remote AND TWISTING THE CONTROLLER IS BS its slight tilts only very slight tilts 

this is how splatoon works left stick motion walking around right stick a camra swing to the left and right 9axis mouse like cross hair controlling ITS EVOLUTION im sick to the bavk teeth with people defending ROBOTIC BLOCKY CONTROLS 

re4 better with wii remote,twilight princess  better with wii remote,cod better with wii remote,metroid prime 123 better with wii remote,pikmin better with wii remote 

and pes wii REVOLUTIONIZED SOCCER control the whole team not just one player because of GUESSED YET THE wii remote

touch screens can also  do this team control 

but 9acis makes mouse aiming with slight tilts possable yes i agree gamepads size vs pro pad is a issue pro pad with 9axis would own 

freely aiming about the screen with a smooth as silk camera DESTROYS SECOND ANOLOG STICK its not opinion its XYZ FACT

Edited by ukinsiderNX, 13 May 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#55 Jenni

Jenni

♡Starship Amazing Fangirl♡

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • NNID:CandiBunni
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name! (; A ;)

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:16 PM

im sorry buts its TWIN STICK CASUALS WHO ARE SELFISH-SCARED OFBA LEARNING CURV -JELOUS-DUMB ABOUT CONTROLS 

wii remote and plus and 9 axis DESTROY stick aiming witch ENGINEERING FACTwas never designed for aiming and has massive software assistence to help it 

it also makes the camera move robotically and unrealistic and when you aim its like aiming on a flat 2d board COD is soaked in bot aim because of this OUT DATED SILLY AIMING 

freely aiming about the screen to the MM without that horrible robotic camera motion is a godsent 

im a god with a wii remote AND TWISTING THE CONTROLLER IS BS its slight tilts only very slight tilts 

this is how splatoon works left stick motion walking around right stick a camra swing to the left and right 9axis mouse like cross hair controlling ITS EVOLUTION im sick to the bavk teeth with people defending ROBOTIC BLOCKY CONTROLS 

re4 better with wii remote,twilight princess  better with wii remote,cod better with wii remote,metroid prime 123 better with wii remote,pikmin better with wii remote 

and pes wii REVOLUTIONIZED SOCCER control the whole team not just one player because of GUESSED YET THE wii remote

but 9acis makes mouse aiming with slight tilts possable yes i agree gamepads size vs pro pad is a issue pro pad with 9axis would own 

freely aiming about the screen with a smooth as silk camera DESTROYS SECOND ANOLOG STICK its not opinion its XYZ FACT

If you cannot speak in a calm, polite, and legible manner then I haven't any inclincation to respond to you further. I'm all for having a discussion, but not when the person I'm speaking to is being rude and obnoxious both in the way they're speaking and what is being said.

Edited by Bubblegum, 13 May 2015 - 03:29 PM.

4t1pzys.png

#56 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

Yeah... i don't care if you want to discuss controls and what you feel is better but there is no reason to sling mud or try and demean others. Also, please clean up how you make your posts from now on. Sentences, punctuation and basic spacing can do wonders to get your point across without it looking like your just posting the same thoughts and opinions over and over.

ink it up.

#57 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

Mourn and I decided to ban ukinsiderNX today. He didn't take any advice from mods regarding how he structures/writes his posts and clearly was disrespectful to members here over simple opinions and preferences. Sorry it went on as long as it did.

Back to the topic of Splatoon.

Japan is getting a Splatoon manga soon

http://wiiudaily.com...oon-manga-soon/

splatoon-manga-3.jpg?44d51a

Manga-crazy Japan will be getting a Splatoon manga comic book later this month. Not much is known about the manga besides a few images that have been posted on Twitter (1,23). One thing is for sure: it doesn’t look like it’s an official Nintendo creation — the Nintendo logo doesn’t appear on the cover of the book, and the company rarely allows for their IP to be used for other media such as comic books.

According to Japanese sources, the Splatoon manga is a one-time thing that is included in this month’s issue of CoroCoro Comic — CoroCoro is a monthly Japanese manga magazine published by Shogakukan.

splatoon-manga-2.jpg?44d51a

#58 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

THERE WILL BE ONE LAST GLOBAL TESTFIRE EVENT

Saturday, May 23 at 3pm PST for ONE HOUR

There will be no differences compared to the last Global Testfire, so no paintbrush.

use this tool to look up your local time

Those of you that missed out, this is your final chance!

Edited by grahamf, 19 May 2015 - 11:38 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#59 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:34 PM

I'll be at work AGAIN. Why, Nintendo gods, why?

*falls to knees*

#60 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:39 PM

I'll be at work AGAIN. Why, Nintendo gods, why?

*falls to knees*

He wants you to play on release day. haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!