#1 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

I've been discussing this with a friend, and to be fair, the 3DS already has an impressive line-up. However, there's literally not a single interesting game on the way that appeals to me. So what do you think? Will Nintendo announce something good at E3? How long will the 3DS last? And more importantly, where the F is our 3DS Metroid?

No sig.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:26 AM

e3 should give us a better picture. I think we have a year and a half or so yet of releases... I would expect another main mario title on the 3ds and a few more n3ds exclusives.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:03 PM

3DS has almost nothing for me so far. I can't stand 3DS as it is. Thanks to region locking.

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

3DS has almost nothing for me so far. I can't stand 3DS as it is. Thanks to region locking.

This happens when you regularly drink a gallon of salt and haterade with every meal.

As for what's in store, I really have no idea outside of Fire Emblem If...we'll probably see more announcements whenever E3 rolls around. I'd imagine we'll hear of more Wii/GameCube to New3DS ports so they can have something besides Xenoblade 3D, Amiibo support and Binding of Issac.

Personally, I'd like to see patches roll out for certain games that allow the software to take advantage of the New3DS's added power. For example: DKCR3D and the two Pokemon titles could do with an extra bit of horsepower just to stabilize the framerate a bit.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:18 PM

This happens when you regularly drink a gallon of salt and haterade with every meal.

I don't have to take that kind of disrespect from you MOD. It's what happens when Nintendo is backwards. NDS was so great for being region free and had twice the amount of games. Excuse me for not being some blind fanboy wanting every Mario and Zelda. Some people play other things.

Edited by Ryudo, 11 May 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

I don't have to take that kind of disrespect from you MOD. It's what happens when Nintendo is backwards. NDS was so great for being region free and had twice the amount of games. Excuse me for not being some blind fanboy wanting every Mario and Zelda. Some people play other things.

No disrespect intended. I was just stating that when I see a post or status update of yours, it's almost always something negative without fail, regardless of the game/creator/series/company/etc. It gets very old.

oyjb1pd.gif

I play plenty of other things besides Mario and Zelda which is why I have a 3DS. Most of the games I own for it aren't Mario or Zelda. Lots of Layton, Rhythm Thief, Resident Evil, third party titles, third and first party DS titles I've yet to try out or play, etc. This seems more like you're mad that you can't play imported games rather than there's nothing to play, and I agree that it's crappy that it isn't region free. People should have a choice to import or not. Really, most DS/3DS titles that I even want to play at the moment don't need to be imported at all, they've already been released stateside...it's just a matter of getting the money to buy 'em.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

You have selective eyes.

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

You have selective eyes.

Is that so? Can we get a comparative analysis here then?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

Is that so? Can we get a comparative analysis here then?

I can see Max Headroom's eyes in his Avatar. I can't see Ryudo's eyes in his

Zombie Max Headroom: Dubai Ryudo: Fire Round

:P

Edited by Bill Cipher, 11 May 2015 - 05:54 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#10 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:32 PM

I don't know, the 3DS basically became my main system, though. So much easier to invest time in it than my WiiU or booting up Steam/PCSX2. But Nintendo likely has some unnanounced stuff for E3 or later this year.

We just got Xenoblade, but what's coming next is Fire Emblem SMT Edition , Puzzle & Dragons, and Project X Zone. But Nintendo is no way done with the system, especially after bringing out the N3DS and the portable amiibo transmitter for regular 3ds.

We'll probably get a few more N3DS exclusives which will probably console remakes/ports/whatever like maybe Sunshine or whatever game nintendo feels like it needs to rise back. Hell, if Splatoon does well, we might even get a spin off or mobile version/sequel.

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

e3 should give us a better picture. I think we have a year and a half or so yet of releases... I would expect another main mario title on the 3ds and a few more n3ds exclusives.

Nintendo usually doesn't have more than two main Mario games on a handheld, but somehow I expect one. I'm just getting tired of the NSMB style, and I've had enough 3D land/world style for a while as well. Maybe they should revamp 2D Mario.

We know there has been work on a 3DS Metroid, but will it be ready anytime soon?

No sig.

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

We know there has been work on a 3DS Metroid, but will it be ready anytime soon?

Was that not cancelled? The Next Level Games Metroid.

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, think he is referring to this though http://kotaku.com/ni...troi-1590142491

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

Yeah, think he is referring to this though http://kotaku.com/ni...troi-1590142491

The Next Level Metroid was cancelled, but since Nintendo claims to be working on 2 types of Metroid, they might revive the project. The concept art looked amazing IMO, so I hope they do. (just predicting a lot of butthurt fanboys for Nintendo using a different artstyle)

No sig.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

eh she had a wierd cyborg camel tow in the Next Level concept art. Tho next level is confirmed working on a Wii U game. Now Gray Ginther works at retro and I NEED to see his work for a Metroid Prime on Wii U(he is one of the artists behind Darksiders)

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:49 PM

Need more curves.

image_324601_fit_940.jpg

#17 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:51 PM

I don't need anymore 3ds games! I have been pretty busy picking up and playing older releases I didn't have a chance to play.

#18 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:50 PM

To be honest, they could end the 3DS today and it'd still have enough awesome games to last another few years. There're also a ton of DS games I haven't got round to.

As for up and coming games. Fire Emblem is the main one. Then I'll be waiting for localization announcements for Bravely Second, Final Fantasy Explorers and the recently announced Dragon Quest 8. Especially Dragon Quest, I never played that and have repeatedly read it's the best in the series. Hope they add C-stick camera controls.

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

To be honest, they could end the 3DS today and it'd still have enough awesome games to last another few years. There're also a ton of DS games I haven't got round to.

As for up and coming games. Fire Emblem is the main one. Then I'll be waiting for localization announcements for Bravely Second, Final Fantasy Explorers and the recently announced Dragon Quest 8. Especially Dragon Quest, I never played that and have repeatedly read it's the best in the series. Hope they add C-stick camera controls.

DQ8 3ds will never come to the west. DQ7 still has not nor has Joker. Good thing is 3DS is BC and grab DQIX on DS and 4,5 and 6. Funny how stupid Square is. DQIX sold 1 million in the US and overall best selling DQ in history..Brave sold 1 million..yet they say they won't bring it over in afraid it won't sell. Personally I think older DQs on SNES are much better than DQ8. DQ8 in a sense if FF7 in peoples first real exposure but best? Hmm debatable. Great game but not sure about best. Personally enjoyed DQIX more but not saying it's better. Speaking of DQ I am hyped about Dragon Quest Heroes west. Yeah we are getting that but no main games Square has made clear. Maybe E3 they shock us all.

Edited by Ryudo, 15 May 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#20 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:20 AM

DQ8 3ds will never come to the west. DQ7 still has not nor has Joker. Good thing is 3DS is BC and grab DQIX on DS and 4,5 and 6. Funny how stupid Square is. DQIX sold 1 million in the US and overall best selling DQ in history..Brave sold 1 million..yet they say they won't bring it over in afraid it won't sell. Personally I think older DQs on SNES are much better than DQ8. DQ8 in a sense if FF7 in peoples first real exposure but best? Hmm debatable. Great game but not sure about best. Personally enjoyed DQIX more but not saying it's better. Speaking of DQ I am hyped about Dragon Quest Heroes west. Yeah we are getting that but no main games Square has made clear. Maybe E3 they shock us all.

DQ8 already has an english localization. DQ7 was remade and would've needed a new one. That's a huge difference and it's the main one that tends to be the deciding factor, especially with such a text-heavy game.

To release this in the west, all they have to do is go back to their english script and just copy it into the new game and then probably get at least half a million sales out of it. They'd be absolutely insane not to do it! Whereas with DQ7, it's a huge game with lots of translation to do. It's also a lesser known game in the west. That's a much bigger gamble for them. DQ8 is no gamble at all, it's guaranteed profit.

Edited by MarcusT, 16 May 2015 - 03:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!