NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

From http://www.ign.com/a...mpaign=Blogroll

The UK's largest game retailer is informing customers that its shipment of Splatoon's special edition was stolen, and it won't be able to fulfill pre-orders.

According to an email GAME UK sent customers today, the shipment was arriving by truck, and... well, we're not quite sure what happened. But the retailer's entire lot of the special edition, which includes Splatoon and the Squid Inkling amiibo, disappeared somewhere between Nintendo's European distribution center and the GAME UK warehouse.

While GAME UK won't be getting a new round of the special edition, they are offering customers a discounted copy of the standard edition, and will toss in either an Inkling Boy or Inkling Girl.

Here's the email GAME UK sent to its customers today:

We regret to inform you that the lorry transporting the Splatoon stock from Nintendo's European warehouse to GAME UK has been stolen. Included in this delivery was our allocation of the Splatoon + Squid Inkling amiibo. As a result, we are unable to honour your original pre-order due for delivery on the 29th May 2015.

Due to these extraordinary circumstances, we will unfortunately not be getting replacements for these missing items. We have no option but to substitute the Splatoon + Squid Inkling in your order with the standard version of the game. You will still receive your Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy amiibo. We will be discounting this edition by £10 from £52.99 to £42.99 to apologise for this inconvenience. We will also be sending your order by First Class post on Friday 29th May, as we want to make sure that you are happy with this substitution.

Affected customers who want to accept the discounted offer don't have to do a thing -- they'll get their copy of the game and the substitute amiibo, all at a discount. However, those who wish to cancel their order entirely are asked to call GAME UK at 0208 827 0099, or email customer.services@game.co.uk by midday Friday.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

I have an INK-ling the octopi did it.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

I have an INK-ling the octopi did it.

It is easy to get passed security

maxresdefault.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:16 PM

Tell me about it, i'm not happy at all, i had to get the Squid Amiibo from Japan now!

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

seems odd that a shipment could just "disappear" like that

GAME is a pretty terrible retailer anyway, kind of annoying that they usually sell all the special editions exclusively 

#6 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

GAME is a pretty terrible retailer anyway, kind of annoying that they usually sell all the special editions exclusively 

It's not exactly GAME's fault though is it?

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:56 PM

Game aren't terrible, heck they're the ones that get all the good preorder bonuses. I mean they're pretty bad when it comes to you trying to sell them games, since you could go to a shop around the corner from them and get £5-£10 more. The only thing they ask of you is a membership, which eventually gets you free stuff.

I say that, yet this happens and now I can't get an inkling amiibo :(

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

What a shame, I feel sorry for anyone who has lost their SE amiibo.  I hope Nintendo get more into to cover the lost ones

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:31 PM

Back in 2006 working at Gamestop people were wanting their copies of Gears of War. We did not have them. A delivery guy forgot and left them on a dock several states away so we lost a lot of sales and one guy got so mad he blames us and grabbed my shirt and physically threatened me.

I just hope people don't attack any employees.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:55 PM

It's not exactly GAME's fault though is it?

I never said it was.

Game aren't terrible, heck they're the ones that get all the good preorder bonuses. I mean they're pretty bad when it comes to you trying to sell them games, since you could go to a shop around the corner from them and get £5-£10 more. The only thing they ask of you is a membership, which eventually gets you free stuff.

They are far more expensive than most other retailers.

#11 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

You can get the inkling ones on their own from play-asia http://www.play-asia...e-ika/13/708pun like i have done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!