magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to put it, but there's something that's on my mind. So it seems more and more likely that Nintendo's next platform will be a new console and got me thinking "What happens to this forum then?" If I'm not mistaken, this site was created back before the Wii U was known by its codename "Project Cafe". So what happens when the console is unveiled and eventually released? Do we change the name of the site or must we depart and find a new place? 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to put it, but there's something that's on my mind. So it seems more and more likely that Nintendo's next platform will be a new console and got me thinking "What happens to this forum then?" If I'm not mistaken, this site was created back before the Wii U was known by its codename "Project Cafe". So what happens when the console is unveiled and eventually released? Do we change the name of the site or must we depart and find a new place? 

Just change all forum categories to reflect the new product. :)

I am sure Mourn will add a few sentences. hehe

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

Not sure its worth the time for the last 3 or 4 active members that remain.

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

Not sure its worth the time for the last 3 or 4 active members that remain.

tumblr_mcl18sRszG1rgmtx5o3_250.gif

It is always worth the time.  :)

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:08 PM

Change it to Nintendo Cafe.

Then never need another name change.

#6 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

Sounds good to me

#7 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

I'll design the logo. :P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#8 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:52 PM

Everyone has slowly begun to accept Wii U as a whole is done. I know who I blame...

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

Or we could always put together a new forum dedicated to the new console, with working code and all that.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

Sounds good to me

I actually was in an email conversations with Peter a few months back about buying the website here, but never heard back from him after a couple of exchanges.

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:12 PM

I actually was in an email conversations with Peter a few months back about buying the website here, but never heard back from him after a couple of exchanges.

That happens, usually a bit more often than anyone would like though.

#12 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:27 PM

How about instead of making it a forum site exclusive to one console just make it a forum site on all things Nintendo? That way you won't have to change the name every time a new console is out. :P

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#13 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:08 PM

And call it the Nintendo Café

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#14 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:29 PM

Sounds good to me

Yep. Even if we're not the most active forum on the planet, I'd still rather much be here than most other gaming sites.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#15 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

How about instead of making it a forum site exclusive to one console just make it a forum site on all things Nintendo? That way you won't have to change the name every time a new console is out. :P

I could potentially do that, I probably would have actually done it by now if I had the ability to delete subforums.

f799aa32ac.png

#16 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:16 PM

well, if someone else owns the site and gets the required perms to run it (even just basic ones for editing sub forms or something) would you have any idea how to bring traffic in? because thats the main issue is that there isnt anyone left, im just here because i made na account years ago and check back like once a week. Only been active recently due to e3 and there is actually stuff to talk about

wa3Nq7j.png

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:21 PM

well, if someone else owns the site and gets the required perms to run it (even just basic ones for editing sub forms or something) would you have any idea how to bring traffic in? because thats the main issue is that there isnt anyone left, im just here because i made na account years ago and check back like once a week. Only been active recently due to e3 and there is actually stuff to talk about

I would have no problem getting traffic organically and paid advertising via adwords. Minor budget would bring in some new peeps.

#18 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

I could potentially do that, I probably would have actually done it by now if I had the ability to delete subforums.

f799aa32ac.png

Yeah having a category for each console maybe good, idk though...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#19 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:52 PM

Now is there a specific reason why Felderin0 doesn't want to let go of WUF? I mean, it's not even mentioned in his e-portfolio.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#20 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:01 PM

I would have no problem getting traffic organically and paid advertising via adwords. Minor budget would bring in some new peeps.

I'd happily turn off adblock for this site or a successor, as long as the revenue isn't going to feld0. Might even click an ad every now and then out of good will :)

Edited by Batbot, 17 June 2015 - 11:02 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!