• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:15 PM

Nintendo & Disney negotiate a big deal: films, videogames and interactive toys and merchansing

– amiibo are not included in Disney Infinity 3.0 because both companies have yet to set an agreement
– Disney wanted to have a Mario figure in Infinity, but Nintendo refused to lend their most important character
– This is not a dead end in the negotiation
– Both companies have been in conversations for years, as Disney has asked Nintendo many times to have Mario in films and other media
– Under new Nintendo rules (licensing characters) options for Disney are widened: they are talking about Mario starring in films, probably something related to Wreck it Ralph
– Disney is after Nintendo to have a game with Mario and Mickey together
– Nintendo is open to it but wants to set their own pace for it

Nintendo mobile games on Amazon Appstore

– Nintendo will offer their mobile games through Amazon Appstore
– The American company was the one approaching their Japanese partner for the deal
– In response, Nintendo asked Amazon about Amazon TV games
– It is not clear what is this for, but people at Amazon think that there is something related to Android in Nintendo’s future
– Nintendo is moving some of their data out of Amazon Cloud Servers, probably to DeNA ones

http://nintendoevery...mazon-appstore/

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

http://mynintendonew...r-mobile-games/

Regarding Mario in Disney Infinite, MNN says that NIntendo just hasn't made a deal yet. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:13 PM

What about doing something meaningful Nintendo, like striking a deal with third parties or something. 

#4 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:13 PM

Amazon App store? No. NO. NOOO.

Stupid Snowmads!

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

Amazon App store? No. NO. NOOO.

Never used it. What's  wrong?

#6 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:36 PM

What about doing something meaningful Nintendo, like striking a deal with third parties or something. 

Who says they haven't tried? Before Wii U's launch Nintendo tried to strike deals with EA, Criteon and more. And technically Activision (SuperChargers) and this are third party deals. 

Never used it. What's  wrong?

Just a bit annoying, on normal android devices you have to have the app store file sent to your email, install that, then install the nintendo games, though you can not unistall the app store otherwise all the apps you installed through the app will no longer work. For normal apps, updates are usually pretty late, if not just unexistant. Just Google Play / Apple App store will reach more people and include better services for the user. And the app is clunky and odd to use. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:54 PM

A Mickey and Mario game would be really interesting. The relationship with Disney and Nintendo has great potential.

And there is this from February, visit here for the concept art/game http://www.nintendoj...u-game-revealed

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

Yeah they published Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge and was a fun game. Wonderful 101. Bayonetta 2,Devils Third and worked with Atlus for Wii U and to a lesser extent Skylanders. They bought half the rights to Fatal Frame. So they no doubt have tried. They could do more but they have not sat on their hands.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

I'm calling it now.. Disney Infinity 4.0 is going to combine the Disney Universe (classic characters) with the Nintendo Universe. (of course exclusive to Nintendo hardware)

Mario, Mickey and others will join forces in missions and you'll be able to create your own worlds and levels in the toy box mode .

Reggie was asked at E3 this year if Nintendo had plans for a centralized gaming world for Amiibo ala Skylanders or Disney Infinity. Basically a world where the figures come to life and you can play directly with them. A more centralized experience given the software instead of what they are doing now. Reggie said they have discussed this internally and with staff in Japan but nothing to announce at this time.

and...

[RUMOR] Nintendo NX will not be Android-based but it will emulate Android games.

This makes sense if true as it will allow Nintendo mobile games to work on the "NX"

http://www.revogamer...ckey-16184.html

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

They need to get out of this obsession on children and milking the market on the baby friendly image they have given themselves. Sounds very babyish to me.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:47 PM

They need to get out of this obsession on children and milking the market on the baby friendly image they have given themselves. Sounds very babyish to me.

No more baby than your crybaby Nintendo trolling lol

Edited by Beat, 24 June 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

That is a pretty ignorant post. Although you probably realize that. 

Guess I won't go see Star Wars or bother watching The Avengers or Iron Man... and I'm going to cancel my "family" vacation to Disney World next year as it's probably babyish.

Two huge family friendly companies are in talks to partner in some regard and this is all you can muster? You need to look at the bigger picture and the possibilities this could bring. With talks of tv shows, film, amusement rides and things like this in regards to Nintendo and it's properties..... it's huge news. People have been dreaming of this stuff since they were BABIES. 

Oh and pickup Fatal Frame when it's available in the eshop, it's full of family friendly suicide. 

#13 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:03 PM

That is a pretty ignorant post. Although you probably realize that.

Guess I won't go see Star Wars or bother watching The Avengers or Iron Man... and I'm going to cancel my "family" vacation to Disney World next year as it's probably babyish.

Two huge family friendly companies are in talks to partner in some regard and this is all you can muster? You need to look at the bigger picture and the possibilities this could bring. With talks of tv shows, film, amusement rides and things like this in regards to Nintendo and it's properties..... it's huge news. People have been dreaming of this stuff since they were BABIES.
Oh and pickup Fatal Frame when it's available in the eshop, it's full of family friendly suicide.

It's just when you think Disney, you automatically think kindergarten sleepovers watching Frozen or some other baby flick and my point was does Nintendo NEED to further elaborate the kid friendly image they are already known for?

If money is involved I'm sure they don't care.

Edited by Scumbag, 24 June 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#14 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:21 PM

Personally, I'm a fan of this as an idea. Granted, I'm probably the biggest Disney fanboy on the forum, but whatever :P

Being honest, Nintendo's going to need to diversify, and Disney is basically Nintendo but for Film/TV. They've got the large enough brand power that they can help push the Nintendo IPs in ways that Nintendo can't alone. This even nicely fits with the Netflix Zelda idea, as Disney has signed a major contract with Netflix involving content.

The only issue I see with this is regarding the whole amusement parks issue, though judging by everything Universal probably presented an amazing pitch  that Nintendo chose over Disney's nothing(Disney has 2 major projects in the Amusement park area including Avatar Land and Disneyland Shanghai, both of which are eating a lot of resources).

As for the Amazon thing, it's not the games are exclusive, it's merely Amazon having the games on the service.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#15 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:51 PM

I can see something of a Wreck-it-Ralph/Disney Infinity crossover happening. Maybe even an Epic Mickey 3 like game? What I'm most interested in is the Amazon App Store. My family uses a Kindle Fire TV, and it allows for its own controller and games that support it. Not bad games either. Valiant Hearts, KotOR, Asphalt racing, Sonic, and general Android ports. I can definitely see Kindle Fire TV and mobile as a serious third pillar. And I wouldn't mind.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

it's going to be odd watching a show with a normally silent protagonist though.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:26 PM

it's going to be odd watching a show with a normally silent protagonist though.

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

Why is an elf talking to a generic evil woman in a Peach wig?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:02 PM

Ever watch the Zelda animated series? It's gold Jerry! gold!

#20 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:55 PM

Actually, the people behind Wreck it Ralph said that when they approached Nintendo about having Bowser in the "villains anonymous" scene they were really enthusiastic and suggested they have Mario in there somewhere. They then said that they were considering having Mario in a supporting role in the sequel as they couldn't include him in the original.

So it wouldn't surprise me that Nintendo and Disney have been negotiating on other things as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!