NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

Here is Mario running in Unreal Engine 4, all the environment assets were taken from the Unreal marketplace, all the character actions were scripted using blueprints only, all animations were re-created from scratch as well as the PBR ready textures.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:47 PM

I gotta be honest, that's pretty much what I expected Galaxy 3 or Super Mario U to look like. Albeit more cartoony/stylized. When he showed off the castle, I immediately thought "Zelda!". Bayonetta 2 proves the WiiU can do this and a heck of a lot more, but I do remember that Fire and Ice Unreal demo, and I wouldn't mind seeing OoT or Prime 4 looking like that. Maybe in a few more years...

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:18 PM

That's a pretty neat demonstration!

However, like the other 2 Mario demonstrations in the Unreal engine, it's probably gonna be taken down by Nintendo in less the one week.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

I was more impressed by how accurate he got the animation and movement of Mario compared to the N64 than the fact he's on a different game engine.

But... This guy claimed to have started the Mario 64 remake Feb 2014, got people to give him money through patreon and the only actual progress he's seemed to make is smoothing out Mario's animations/movement, made him prettier and put him into unreal engine 4. He might have more to show on his twitch but it doesn't seem to have any past broadcasts so I can't see anything. 

Kinda, I found this http://imgur.com/a/SuFCp

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:15 PM

This is better

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:08 AM

This is better

OMG SANIC I GIVE YOU ALL MY MONEY SO NEXT GEN!

I gotta be honest, that's pretty much what I expected Galaxy 3 or Super Mario U to look like. Albeit more cartoony/stylized. When he showed off the castle, I immediately thought "Zelda!". Bayonetta 2 proves the WiiU can do this and a heck of a lot more, but I do remember that Fire and Ice Unreal demo, and I wouldn't mind seeing OoT or Prime 4 looking like that. Maybe in a few more years...

I think SMG's lighting is different from this, it always gives mario some sort of a shine of light on him... I dunno, none of these HD engine marios convince me :P only the 3D world one does lol.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:12 PM

One day Mario games will look like that obviously not realistic but with that level of detail, lighting, shaders etc.

#8 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:51 AM

One day Mario games will look like that obviously not realistic but with that level of detail, lighting, shaders etc.

They're getting close as is really. The bloom looks nice but is honestly distracting during gameplay, and there aren't really any rays of light in games because you're rarely inside. Idk what else is changed much. More dust in the air? Except you're usually outside in Mario games so there's less dust. I'm pretty happy with what we have now really and yeah this looks good but it's not Mario.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:14 AM

To anyone who watches the first 30 seconds or so and quits... don't.  :)  watch it all.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!