Photo

What will the next gen Nintendo console have?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:20 AM

You can't say for sure. Even if no leaked real photo's have ever come up for past console releases, there's nothing saying that this one can't be real either. This is the first time a Nintendo console has been leaked to this extent, is it not?

Everything involving pre-release leaks and rumors can be compared to Schrödinger's cat. Just as the cat is both alive and dead, these rumors are both true and false. Until the box is opened, figuratively and literally, we can't tell.

Besides, current rumors and previous examples show that at least the first two rumors are likely... The similar build to the 360 and Spotpass, respectively.

A poster at Neogaf examined those photos and determined it was fake from the way Nintendo is printed in the image. Plus according to IGN you has broke a considerable amount of info on the device its the size of the original Xbox and looks like a updated Super Nintendo.

#42 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

A poster at Neogaf examined those photos and determined it was fake from the way Nintendo is printed in the image. Plus according to IGN you has broke a considerable amount of info on the device its the size of the original Xbox and looks like a updated Super Nintendo.

Well...there's no way to know whether that information is true, either. Though given that this image first appeared on Twitter, it's likely that IGN is more trustworthy. They have, however, screwed up in the past - the specs they posted of the 3DS some time ago turned out to be bogus.

#43 Cornelius

Cornelius

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Fandom:
    POKEMON,MARIO,ZELDA,SMASH BROS.

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

i wonder if the systems will have some sort of mii's?
NINTENDO FAN FOR LIFE.

#44 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

I can guarantee you that Nintendo isn't getting rid of Miis anytime soon. They're part of the reason the Wii and 3DS are so popular - and let's face it, Miis are pretty awesome - so they're coming back in the Wii 2 for sure.

#45 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

I'm sure that Miis will be part of the Wii 2. It would be nice if they were a bit more advanced though. I don't mean any huge changes to how how they look. It'd just be nice to have a few more options, and maybe be able to give them different outfits.

#46 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

I'm sure that Miis will be part of the Wii 2. It would be nice if they were a bit more advanced though. I don't mean any huge changes to how how they look. It'd just be nice to have a few more options, and maybe be able to give them different outfits.

We got hats on the 3DS. The Cafe will have at least that.

Here's a thought... What if the Miis you streetpass on the 3DS could be loaded onto the Cafe and used in a game? Perhaps a Mii platformer!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#47 Cornelius

Cornelius

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Fandom:
    POKEMON,MARIO,ZELDA,SMASH BROS.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

We got hats on the 3DS. The Cafe will have at least that.

Here's a thought... What if the Miis you streetpass on the 3DS could be loaded onto the Cafe and used in a game? Perhaps a Mii platformer!

we have hats in the wii mii maker as well...
NINTENDO FAN FOR LIFE.

#48 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

we have hats in the wii mii maker as well...

Huh??? Since when!?

Have I really neglected my Mii channel that much O.o?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#49 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

I want an updated version of an mii channel. Maybe you add more detail to your mii, more characteristics for them to make them look more like you. One thing I noticed on the wii is that the mii customization is pretty limited, when it comes to acessory and hair styles. Other than that, I really want the games to be on a blu ray disc. I think that would be the best for the newest version of the wii, since we use blu ray discs more and more often nowadays.

Edited by superdarkyoshi, 26 April 2011 - 04:42 PM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#50 peachy

peachy

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii, Wii2, 3DS

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

This is a video showing something that I designed when coming up with ideas for a new Nintendo console way before all these rumors were even conceived.

VIDEO SHOWING IDEA HERE

Taken from the videos information bar:

- The Nintendo iQ is an Interactive Lifestyle System that is connected to the current generation Nintendo Wii gaming console.
- The iQ's purpose is to connect poeple, cultures, lives and environments to one another in a fun and interactive way.
- It's development begun with drawing inspiration from LED billboards that are commonly seen in cities around the globe.
- Electronic billboards have become icons for a futuristic culture where diverse content is delivered to people in an attractive manner.
-The iQ takes the beneficial elements that billboards posses: Informative, helpful, communcative, interesting, artistic, dynamic, bright, fun and lets not forget entertaining! All these elements are then applied to an Interactive Lifestyle System in a home environment.
- These key elements are the focus behind the design of the iQ with a few added features including its main feature - the 8:3 Ratio (320mm x 120mm) OLED multi-touch screen that is used as a secondary screen to the television. An example of the iQ screen being used in a gaming situation: If you are playing a game on your Wii console, to reduce clutter the iQ will automatically remove Heads Up Display (HUD) information from the television screen and place them in the iQ screen. An example in a non-gaming situation: The iQ screen will display horizontal scrolling news and weather information without the television being turned on. Another non-gaming example could be that while a person is watching television they can surf other television channels by watching other channels scroll across the iQ screen in realtime and if a desired show appears the person simply clicks on the scrolling show and the channel on the television will change to display the selection.
-Other built in features the iQ includes are: Infrared Tracking Camera, ambient sensors (light and sound), a more powerful sensor bar, expandable internal memory and new programs and software.

#51 peachy

peachy

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii, Wii2, 3DS

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

I just completed the interface design to my nStream Controller Concept for Nintendo's next gen console.

HERE is a 62second mock-up video showing how the interface could operate and below are a few images of the interface.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by peachy, 29 April 2011 - 05:07 PM.

#52 tandeh

tandeh

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

I just completed the interface design to my nStream Controller Concept for Nintendo's next gen console.

HERE is a 45second mock-up video showing how the interface could operate and below are a few images of the interface.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

i doubt that design will be comfortable for long use

#53 peachy

peachy

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii, Wii2, 3DS

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

i doubt that design will be comfortable for long use

Thanks tandeh for your comment!

in regards to your critique: I don't think a controller has to be in the shape of a bubble or some kind of organic form to be considered ergonomically comfortable. I am an iPad user, and the thought of it being uncomfortable whilst holding it has never crossed my mind, same could be said for my 3DS. I think the critical issue to consider is not how it fit's in your hands but how your hands interact with it, for instance: Button placement, natural spacing between components, etc.

What I like about this design is that it visually presents it's self as a mixture of hardcore and casual, looks sharp but never takes it's self too serious in keeping with the fact that this is designed for Nintendo not Apple.

Jade

#54 0003mg

0003mg

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Fandom:
    Way too many to list

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Interesting concept. I think I read somewhere that it is somewhat related to a Gamecube controller with the touchscreen in the middle. I never thought of an iPad type thing.

#55 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hoping it will have connectivity with 3-d televisions..

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#56 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:45 AM

It's rumored to have it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#57 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:33 AM

Hoping it will have connectivity with 3-d televisions..

3D isn't something that needs hardware as such.
It can be added with software if the console can output 720p or higher.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#58 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

It can be added with software if the console can output 720p or higher.

Yeah, Sony added 3D to the PS3 via a software update AFAIK.

Posted Image

#59 peachy

peachy

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii, Wii2, 3DS

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

My idea for Nintendo's next generation home console called the Nintendo iQo.

Video of Controller interface:
Video Here

Original larger images of console and controller here:
Console
Controller

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by peachy, 18 May 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#60 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image
^closed
Posted Image
^open
Posted Image
^side

Clamshell design.
I haven't seen one for it yet so I had a go.
Obviously the buttons would be positioned less terribly if this was real and I was good at designing controllers...

Edited by Nollog, 22 May 2011 - 08:11 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!