NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:37 AM

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:21 AM

They're doing a pretty good job of making this hard to avoid. I predict quite impressive sales!

I don't even think I'll bother creating much but it seems like there'll be so much to play through that it's worth owning for that.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:39 AM

They're doing a pretty good job of making this hard to avoid. I predict quite impressive sales!

I don't even think I'll bother creating much but it seems like there'll be so much to play through that it's worth owning for that.

I agree. i think it will turn into a fun party game with friends over too. "have you ever played this super mario level?" hehehe. :)

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

Is there multiplayer?

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

Is there multiplayer?

I don't think so. 

#6 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:59 AM

Well they've well and truly jumped on the DLC bandwagon at this point. Hope we'll get some for this. A new visual style would be cool DLC. 

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:30 AM

Not bad, but disappointing compared to the 100 levels were told previously. But I heard Nintendo will make new levels and release them online as well, so whatever. 

The only downside so far is that there seem to be some elements missing that I would like to return. People have done many things with golden shells in lunar magic, for example. I also love chargin' chucks, baby Yoshi's, SMB2 Vegetables and vertical levels (especially the ones without walls). Stuff like this and maybe an overworld editor would make good DLC.

No sig.

#8 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

I have a really specific question if anyone knows the answer. Have ALL of the abillites of the respective generations been preserved? The one I'm thinking of in particular is the SMW ability to throw shells upwards. If I remember rightly, that only existed in that generation. They removed it for the more recent games and you could only throw shells left or right.

#9 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:55 AM

It would be really cool if the heads of Sony and MS made levels the game! :)

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

I have a really specific question if anyone knows the answer. Have ALL of the abillites of the respective generations been preserved? The one I'm thinking of in particular is the SMW ability to throw shells upwards. If I remember rightly, that only existed in that generation. They removed it for the more recent games and you could only throw shells left or right.

I hope it is. It makes for smoother gameplay and could be used for simple puzzles and such. Keep me posted if you find out.

No sig.

#11 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:26 AM

I agree. i think it will turn into a fun party game with friends over too. "have you ever played this super mario level?" hehehe. :)

Upload it!

They claim it will preserve all the physics and abilities of each Mario game, including kicking a shell upwards in SMW and wall jumping NSMB games.

#12 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:44 PM

They claim it will preserve all the physics and abilities of each Mario game, including kicking a shell upwards in SMW and wall jumping NSMB games.

Cool. Well we've already seen evidence of wall jumping and ground pounding in NSMB levels. I don't think we've seen upward shell throwing yet though. I hope it's added though. It adds one extra possibility for gameplay challenges.

One other thing I didn't mention for SMW was also the ability to run up walls, which I'm fairly sure was missing from all recent games. I'm guessing that one will be less likely to have survived than the upwards shell.

Edited by Marcus, 11 August 2015 - 01:56 PM.

#13 Irene

Irene

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:00 PM

Cool, this will help my lack of creativity :3 Also, are we able to like, combine our levels togethers into worlds and stuff? so that we could pretty much make our own Mario game? :o

#14 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:59 PM

Cool, this will help my lack of creativity :3 Also, are we able to like, combine our levels togethers into worlds and stuff? so that we could pretty much make our own Mario game? :o

Yeah, I'm sure I'll make a few levels- tho I don't think I'll end up making many b/c mine will be lame.  I'm looking forward to what others create.

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:39 AM

7:25

Throwing shell upwards confirmed.

No sig.

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

And there it is! Good catch. 

#17 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:45 AM

Yep, I saw that too. Excellent news. Now lets look out for wall running. I'm somewhat less optimistic about that!

Edited by Marcus, 16 August 2015 - 01:45 AM.

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:54 AM

Has anyone predownloaded it from the eShop yet?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

Nah, getting the physical... want the art book. Although I always get physical. I would recommend it, even for those that usually buy digital. Celebrate the 30th anniversary!

OK I will eat crow.

http://wiiudaily.com...game-digitally/

Nintendo will be shipping the retail version of Super Mario Maker with a detailed booklet which includes a bunch of design ideas for the game. But even if you buy the game digitally on your Wii U, Nintendo, being the constant good guys in the gaming industry, will mail you a free booklet.

In order to receive the free Super Mario Maker booklet, you have to call Nintendo on a toll-free number found on your digital receipt, and let them know that you would like to receive the booklet. After you’ve given them your Wii U serial number and your contact info, Nintendo will ship the booklet to you, free of charge, when the game launches

#20 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:37 AM

Nope. I have the physical special edition on preorder which comes with the art book and Mario Amiibo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!